Reading vs Stevenage Kit Clash (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
How does this happen in this day and age?

reaing.jpg

Stevenage rocked up with a White kit and a blue kit, against a team of are famous for playing in White and Blue. The kitman for reading had to drive to the training ground to get an orange away kit for Reading to change into.

Adge

I’ve had that before aswell. I guess the referee thought that with the stripes and plain shirts that there would be enough to differentiate. Obviously not. He would have also known this before the game when appointed to the fixture.

Nick

Administrator
I’ve had that before aswell. I guess the referee thought that with the stripes and plain shirts that there would be enough to differentiate. Obviously not. He would have also known this before the game when appointed to the fixture.

Pretty sure he could Google Image Search to see if he wasn't sure. Especially now people have fancy faded stripes.

Adge

Surprised that they have changed as it’s usually the away team who has to make the change. A cock up by the away team kit manager if they haven’t got a change-very amateur.
The Referee to be fair could have not kicked off if he was not happy. All that will happen is that he will report it to the competition (the FA).

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Surprised that they have changed as it’s usually the away team who has to make the change. A cock update by the away team kit manager if they haven’t got a change-very amateur.
The Referee to be fair could have not kicked off if he was not happy. All that will happen is that he will report it to the competition (the FA).

Looks like Stevenage had another kit but it was blue, so also clashed, guess they could have put on the Orange kit from Reading.

Don't think the blue would have been as bad as the white was. Sleeves would

away-kit-close-new.jpg

wingy

Looks like Stevenage had another kit but it was blue, so also clashed, guess they could have put on the Orange kit from Reading.

Don't think the blue would have been as bad as the white was. Sleeves would

away-kit-close-new.jpg
Can just see it now.
Blair Turgot and Harry Beautyman spitting the dummy a la Lebouf style. B-)

Nick

Administrator
Can just see it now.
Blair Turgot and Harry Beautyman spitting the dummy a la Lebouf style. B-)

They have both left Stevenage now, back down to the Conference :p

Confused me then, till I realised Turgott went there but never played and went out on loan.

Users who are viewing this thread