Reading stewards briefed to remove anything with 'SISU out' on it... (1 Viewer)

...on orders from Coventry City.

To back up what pusbccfc has said,

I brought my 'SISU Out' banner to the Madejski today and placed it on the netting in front of the disabled supporters (having consulted them first of course) before heading up to my seat.

By half time we noticed the banner had been removed so we went to ask the supporters we'd spoken to earlier what had happened. We were told that the stewards had removed the banner on orders from Coventry City. At first I thought there's a chance they were making it up or exaggerating to stir things up.

But when we consulted the designated steward on return to his post for the second half, he confirmed what we'd been told, saying he "didn't want to get into the politics of it all because he knows we have beef with them" but that all stewards had been "briefed to remove anything with 'SISU Out' on it on orders from Coventry City". We were advised to meet him after the game if we wanted it back.

Sure enough after the game he directed us to a supervisor in order to get it back. The supervisor then asked us what was written on the banner and when we told him he repeated what the steward had told us before.

First of all, I'm surprised that our club can dictate anything that goes on at other grounds. I must admit I didn't realise it worked like that until today.

Secondly though, this is yet another example of how poorly run our football club is now, as well as further proof, if it was needed, that all the excuses made at our ground for taking banners off people were just that - excuses.

If they want to win back the support of the fans (which I assume they do if they're serious about having a future with us) do they really think that this is the way to go about it?

Are they really that simple that they don't realise that word of today's action plan will get back to us via stewards that seemed (from my own personal experience) to be just as dumfounded at their own instructions as we were.

Not only is it a disgusting way to treat your own fans but it's also a good way to incite violence when none was there to be had. Clearly the ugly scenes we witnessed at the Derby home game weren't enough for them to see sense.

Last edited:
So to summarize it doesn't take a genius to work out that SISU seriously don't like bad press.

So then why on earth are we not going crazy at our home games ?

The other week when we were supposed to "protest" I said it was shit as it was all holding hands and dancing around , imagine if we actually got passionate and had a few marches down Foleshill Road pre-game and really nailed it down....

If i'm reading the above correct then the way to put the wind up SISU is to get there name out there.....

So to summarize it doesn't take a genius to work out that SISU seriously don't like bad press.

If i'm reading the above correct then the way to put the wind up SISU is to get there name out there.....

Correct.

'So when SISU see banners saying: 'SISU out,' then it doesn’t help our cause. When I have the begging bowl out, asking for more money, they say: "But the fans hate us, why bother?'

Ken Dulieu back in October.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...inancial-woe-Kissing-frogs.html#ixzz1m7AcQBnR

@richh87

All City fans reading this need to get off their arses and do something.

Get these bastards out.

I'mARealWizard

You know what you need to do for a home game...

Have SISU OUT printed on A4 paper, so that one person holds up above their heads their 'part' of the larger 'jigsaw'. Much like they did for internationals at Wembley that became St George's Cross.

wembley-1.jpg

Naturally, I don't mean a whole stand!

It wouldn't take much to design it, just black or white paper.

But if you had a whole block up for it, it might work :)

cornoccfc

SISU would have know of the extra coaches running via SOC (they will definitely read forums/social networking sites), clearly why they notified Reading about taking banners away.

Steve.B50

Your so right!
City fans need to get off arses and do something. Seems to be a small group trying to do things and the vast majority just sitting back and leaving to others. We need to organise things in a much bigger way but more supporters need to stop just moaning about SISU, they need to get behind the campaign to get them out of our club.
We are going down, but lets go down with pride and some fight. Next year will be no different while SISU are in charge.

s

Paxman II

I have to say that if another club were to be involved in another clubs protestations they would be risking a legal challenge. There is no way CCFC can demand Reading FC remove any fans from their ground for protesting against them.
More likely a simple directive of Reading FC to eradicate any chance of disruptive behavior at THEIR football ground. They are known widely as the 'family' friendly football club.

Besides if all you people that consider it was SISU then challenge them legally, make a song and dance about it, use your legal right to defend your freedom of speech and right to protest.

kdrinkell

I think they see it as if they were ever in the same situation they would expect Cov to do the same,thick as thieves

Users who are viewing this thread