Ratings (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter SkyBlue Baker96
  • Start date

Mucca Mad Boys

Disappointed today, bad start and early Spurs goal killed the game off before we got going, clean sheet second half was good and we had some nice moves, but i'm guessing Spurs slightly lifted off the gas, i'd like to see why the ref blew up for that Sheff chance at the end, looked fine to me!!
Not sure why we took Moussa and Bailey off and didnt bring Elliott on for a run at the end. was Chrisitie injured?

Murphy - 6 - what was that clearance all about, some good saves
Clarke - 6 - did well to step in,
Edge - 7 - played well today
Wood- 6 - did well enough
Adams- 6 - did ok, a few nice runs late on
Jennings - 6 - some good tackles in midfield
Bailey - 6 - not at his best and subbed again , is he fully fit?
Baker - 4 - awful again (same as Tuesday), one decent cross and no one was there
McSheffrey - 6 - quiet
Moussa - 6 - did ok, dunno why people are slagging him off, moved the ball round ok
Clarke - 5 - did nothing early on as Tuesday, came into it at the end, some nice runs

Subs
Fleck - 6
Barton - 5 -
Thomas - ?? - didint really see anytyhing he did/didnt do

You clearly have an anti-baker agenda... The only midfielder to score under a 6, did you go to the game?

Jennings and Bailey were poor, and McSheff, but you put 2 points between the rest? Laughable really.

Thomas, Feck and Barton all played better thn their counterparts; Bailey, Moussa and Jennings, but you didn't rate CT, who was probably our best player when he came on, Fleck's distribution was a level above the trio who were taken off (as with CT4) and Barton played some good passes, not as good as Fleck or CT, he lost the ball more often than they did, but he played some good passes nonetheless.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Totally agree- how can anyone give any of the players an 8 after that? the MOST you should give is a 5 - as they only played 1 half!

And if what you reckon about Leon is true - that is extremely worrying, considering he is the replacement for McGoldricks goals.

Just checked his record at Scunny, and he wasn't even picked for the team after 24 Nov - has he had an injury? His 11 goals looks reasonable on paper - if you ignore the fact he hasn't scored a single goal singe 20 Nov.

Robin's seems to have put all his eggs into a leon clarke shaped egg basket. If his signing doesn't work out, and after todays pathetic first half performance, cov are going to really struggle for points for the rest of the season.

Indeed apart from 2 occassions, cov have failed to get any points if McGoldrick didn't score. Now he has gone - replaced by someone who at least in the short term can't find his scoring boots.

If he doesn't, I just cannot see where the goals are going to come from. And considering how poor the defence has been all season (more leaks than a culinder) cov are going to need a goalscorer - big time.

Cody was supposedly the guy for that at the start of the season, but he looks as if the hype around him was just as unrealistic as the hype around Robins right now.

Truly worrying times lie ahead
Looks like you were right, the team are rubbish without mcgoldrick. The 3-0 defeat vs spurs proves that beyond reasonable doubt. If we had mcgoldrick I reckon a 3-1 to us it would have been on the cards yesterday :/

Paxman II

I think pgsm is right to agree my ratings!

But showing too much anxiety re Leon Clarke tbf.

He was shipped long balls all game and did what he could but when he did get the ball his distribution was as bad as the rest of the team and failed to hold it up. Second half they all did better but the reason he scores so low for me is his unwillingness to chase down, put in the effort and then given a chance failed to convert when he should have hit the target at least.
I don't think you can compare his performance to what he will do in league 1 though. We played better second half and he improved too but just never got the service against a far better team of players. Think he will be OK in league 1. We do as a team create plenty of chances and he will get his fair share of those. We also score plenty without McGoldrick so that is not worrying me so much. Whoever plays up front will get plenty of goals in this team in league 1.

ps1948

Didn't Leon Clarke lay off a perfect pass into the path of Connor Thomas, who took a touch and was tackled rather than shooting first time - no criticism of Thomas for that, but I feel that Leon Clarke has been a little unfairly criticised by some. He was on his own against a top-class back 4 until the last section of the game when he was involved more and linked better with Baker and others who played further up the field.

The whole ratings thing is quite amusing, as one persons opinion of a players performance can be so different to anothers. I enjoy reading them, but don't get too wound up if someone disagrees with my opinion.

stupot07

Dream team ratings
Spurs:
Friedel, naughton, Dawson, caulker, assou-ekotto, huddlestone, Parker, Adebayor -6, bale and sigurdsson - 7, Dempsey -8; subs Townsend, Carroll, dembele - 5

Coventry
Murphy, Clarke, wood, Adams, baker, Jennings, bailey, L Clarke, Moussa - 5
Edge and Sheff -6
Subs - Barton and fleck - 5, Thomas - 6

Astute

Looks like you were right, the team are rubbish without mcgoldrick. The 3-0 defeat vs spurs proves that beyond reasonable doubt. If we had mcgoldrick I reckon a 3-1 to us it would have been on the cards yesterday :/

And McG did so much better against Shrewsbury than Clarke did against Spurs so Clarke must be crap.........

ps1948

As I said, its only an opinion - for me I thought Sigurdsson was the least effective/noticeable Spurs player, and loved Scott Parker's whole attitude to the game...

Mucca Mad Boys

As I said, its only an opinion - for me I thought Sigurdsson was the least effective/noticeable Spurs player, and loved Scott Parker's whole attitude to the game...

Adebayor was shocking as well, their fans rated him 4.8 (average).

Sigurdsson was OK, not great.

Parker and Bale were their MOTM, followed by Dempsey.

Lord_Nampil

Adebayor was shocking as well, their fans rated him 4.8 (average).

Sigurdsson was OK, not great.

Parker and Bale were their MOTM, followed by Dempsey.

All kids who want to be footballers should watch and see how Scott Parker plays the game! One of the best midfielders I've seen play against the city, a fantastic pro!

Mucca Mad Boys

All kids who want to be footballers should watch and see how Scott Parker plays the game! One of the best midfielders I've seen play against the city, a fantastic pro!

I think he is so underrated, he is easily one of the best in the holding mid role, IMO.

... Or was, at least.

Mucca Mad Boys

Scott Parker seriously?

He was class last year. Depends what you look for, might not be Xabi Alonso on the ball, but he is excellent off the ball and can put in a hard tackle.

I can only think of Xabi Alonso; Khedira, Busquets (unsure on him) who were better last season than our own Parker (in the CDM role).

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ok I can only remember him getting completely shown up by Pirlo vs Italy

Come to think of it I can see the similarity between Parker vs Italy an Jennings yesterday vs spurs

Mucca Mad Boys

Ok I can only remember him getting completely shown up by Pirlo vs Italy

Come to think of it I can see the similarity between Parker vs Italy an Jennings yesterday vs spurs

Pirlo ripped up Germany as well, including, wait for it, Khedira.

He also ripped Spain in the group game, including, wait for it, Xabi Alonso AND Busquets :)

Pirlo ripped everyone that tournament. But he isn't a holding midfielder.

Users who are viewing this thread