Ratings (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Tavares was also promising but saw too little of the ball to have an impact. There’s a pattern really, if the midfield is struggling then 2 strikers are pretty redundant
Did Tavares show more than Walker? Interesting to see if he'll become the go to sub striker.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
After attending last nights game I thought jack Burroughs stepped up to the opportunity that he was given, has to be fighting for a first team spot after that performance last night with dabo being so injury prone

He really did, a few times he was isolated down the right but just thought about it and took his player on and got a decent cross in.

Surprised at how quick he was as well.

Dominic H

He really did, a few times he was isolated down the right but just thought about it and took his player on and got a decent cross in.

Yeah I was the same thought he’d be slow and sluggish because of his height but last night he shown us how agile and quick he is

Can see him and hyam having a great partnership on the right hand side if Burroughs got a chance

Hobo

Didnt watch it.

Robins 2

Not players fault this man picked the team, formation and tactics.

And he cant use the pitch as an excuse.

He didnt pick the performances that was down to the players. Do you believe Robins said "I aint bothered about this cup, that is why I pickesd you lot tonight. And remember just go out and surrender the midfield for the first half hour."

Nick

Administrator
He didnt pick the performances that was down to the players. Do you believe Robins said "I aint bothered about this cup, that is why I pickesd you lot tonight. And remember just go out and surrender the midfield for the first half hour."

Maybe not in so many words but he chose to leave it the same in there for 90 minutes after it was obvious within 3 minutes.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yeah he impressed me too in his small cameo. Am I right in thinking he is left footed? He seemed to take touches with his left that implied he is, but that ball in with his right was a beaut.

Hobo

Maybe not in so many words but he chose to leave it the same in there for 90 minutes after it was obvious within 3 minutes.

You cant haul people off after one collective mistake. If you are giving players a chance you have to give them a chance to react to a bad situation.

All professional footballers look good on the training ground. It is whether they can do it in gametime. All players at all levels make mistakes. The good ones react positively, the not so good let it affect their game.

A lot of the players that started last night needed a good 60 minutes in their legs it is as simple as that. They should have done better.

Nick

Administrator
You cant haul people off after one collective mistake. If you are giving players a chance you have to give them a chance to react to a bad situation.

All professional footballers look good on the training ground. It is whether they can do it in gametime. All players at all levels make mistakes. The good ones react positively, the not so good let it affect their game.

A lot of the players that started last night needed a good 60 minutes in their legs it is as simple as that. They should have done better.

It wasn't just about the mistakes, it was about the massive hole in the middle of the pitch.

By leaving it the same in there, it was effectively saying "Couldn't give a shit if we win or lose"

Esoterica

Yeah he impressed me too in his small cameo. Am I right in thinking he is left footed? He seemed to take touches with his left that implied he is, but that ball in with his right was a beaut.

For what its worth.....
I think he's a wing back either side. He's left handed but prefers to strike a ball with his right but naturally two footed. He plays golf right handed.. 🤷‍♂️
Personally I think right now RWB but think as he develops he will move to the left as he can cut inside to shoot.
He can play anywhere across the middle, but Cov spent two years in the 23s turning him into a RWB.
Last year at Ross County they play with full backs which didn't help and he played mainly LB but up as far as a 10.
His last two u21 games for Scotland were as a LWB and his first 2 were as a RB. :unsure: I really don't see the confusion :)

Dominic H

I’m not too sure, I think he’s predominantly right footed but has filled in at LB/LWB before so Is probably used to using his left just as much as his Right

ccfc_Tom

Also the fact he was using both feet. Makes such a difference.

Brighton Sky Blue

Did Tavares show more than Walker? Interesting to see if he'll become the go to sub striker.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Walker was also limited by the lack of possession but did some decent stuff when he got it. That said Tavares fought hard to win back possession several times which isn’t really a Walker thing to do

Nick

Administrator
Walker was also limited by the lack of possession but did some decent stuff when he got it. That said Tavares fought hard to win back possession several times which isn’t really a Walker thing to do

Walker looked like he was more of a target man / hold up play.

Yeah Tavares needed the ball more really, that one where he tackled, took the player on and laid it off was decent. He needs more of a chance.

Brighton Sky Blue

Walker looked like he was more of a target man / hold up play.

Yeah Tavares needed the ball more really, that one where he tackled, took the player on and laid it off was decent. He needs more of a chance.

It summed up when he did that and Eccles immediately booted it out.

Nick

Administrator
It summed up when he did that and Eccles immediately booted it out.

Yeah, Tavares bust a gut to chase the player down and win the ball, get away from the player and lay it off. He was shouting for it back.

Same happened with Doyle I think? Tavares chested it and laid it off and then tried to run in behind after and was screaming for it back.

TewkesburySkyBlue

I didn’t go but I really hope we can give them two good kickings in the league . Can’t stand that winge merchant Pearson.
Hope they get relegated

NorthernWisdom

Would be inclined to agree with you here. Blew my mind that on the way up to Sunderland I overheard a group of four people declare 'Wilson's definitely the better keeper of the two'. No idea what some people watch
I think Wilson's yet another who has the physical attributes, but maybe not the brain for this level. He can look alright, but always has at least one full on brain fade in him a game... and I don't mean like Moore coming for a cross he shouldn't, but a full on FIFA keeper goes mental type.

Now I think as backup he's as good as you would get for this level, but it must be a concern that Billson isn't at the level to displace him from that role yet.

Users who are viewing this thread