Ratings V Watford (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Murphy - 8 - Made several good saves to keep us in the game, especially in the second half. Made a couple of strong punches at corners and claimed the ball well in the air when required. Has definitely improved over the season.

Clarke - 6 - Reasonable defensively, though did let his man get the better of him a few times, perhaps due to naivety. Not as good going forward as Christie, and when in possession he just seems to panic a little, first touch occasionally lets him down.

Keogh - 6 - Not one of his usual consistent performances today. Seemed to be rushed into the long ball to Platt, and lost his footing at a couple of crucial moments, having to be bailed out by Cameron. Did still make some important interventions and blocks nonetheless, and kept a clean sheet, so maybe I'm being a tad harsh.

Cameron - 8 - My MOM. Thought he had a very good game, read everything very well and dealt with the threats maturely. Should have had his first goal too. I haven't been a huge fan in the past, but I'm hoping next season he will have matured even more, and can develop into a real asset.

Cranie - 6 - In fairness. he's not a left back. Very much a right footer, and doesn't offer much going forward. Occasionally he looked a bit casual and sloppy at times (one moment where he scuffed his clearance at the back post right back into the middle of the box). Like Keogh, not one of his better games, but still headed well and read most things fine.

Clingan - 7 - One of Clingan's better games in recent weeks. Seemed more willing to pass the ball forward, and wasn't playing so deep, so pressure from the Watford midfield and frontline wasn't invited onto us as much. Seemed to have some renewed vigour in midfield, getting stuck in to win headers etc. and spread the ball wide well.

Norwood - 6 - Guilty of some sloppy passing at times, but held his position well and helped us maintain our structure in what seemed a rather lopsided formation. Closed down opponents more, and looked like he wanted to battle.

Deegan - 5 - I do like Deegan, but his passing and first touch yesterday was atrocious. Seemed to be stuck out wide right in a (sort of) 4-4-2, so not his natural position, but just don't think he's a Championship player.

McSheffrey - 6.5 - Offered us our only width, and won a few corners. Still has that occasional spark that can create something out of nothing, and tracked back well in defence.

Platt - 7 - Won everything in the air as per, and must be one of the best holder uppers of the ball I've seen in the flesh. Problem is, he and Nimely are too often isolated up front with no one from midfield pushing on to help them, which is why we rarely look like scoring much.

Nimely - 6 - Right decision to take him off, looked a bit jaded understandably. Not his usual sparky self, but made a few runs with the ball and was industrious.

Subs:

McDonald - 7 - Ran well and fashioned 2 chances for himself, at least 1 of which he should have put away. Right time to bring fresh legs on, to cause problems.

Christie - Didn't have time to make an impact.

Thoughts?

ccfcway

clean sheet, didnt really look like conceeding, and 3 of the back 5 get 6/10

a little harse i feel

sky_blue_up_north

Thought Clarke had a decent game, strong, got forward, so I would have given him a 7 in my opinion. Thought the midfield trio of Norwood, Deegan and Clingan were not great, Deegan been the worst offender for giving the ball away, Norwood one of his poorer games. Shame about Baker there just not width in the side, as you say Platt won everything in the air, would have like seen some decent balls in the box from the byline... but all things considered and our away record and good point.

rob9872

Deegan and norwood shouldn't play in the same team imo. At international level they prefer Clingan but I would take Norwood all day long.

Sterling Archer

Deegan is simply not good enough for this level, his work rate hides the fact he can't pass a ball.

Clingan, Norwood, Thomas, Baker, Bigirimana are all better footballers than Deegan.

Users who are viewing this thread