RATINGS FOLKS - v Bristol C (1 Viewer)

kg82

Ok, read all the comments, not sure if some are serious or not! I feel people have their favourites and have their not so favourites. But here was my take on it.

1st half was awful. Properly awful. Not fun to watch in any way. That doesn't just go for Cov but both teams. BUT, their should have been 2 pens - 1 to them, 1 to us. End of first half.

2nd half we were brilliant. We dominated them for the whole half (although they had their chances too). Deegan made the difference. Made it known he was there in the first few mins (that was never a yellow card) and gave the midfield options. Baker AND Bell were brilliant 2nd half. Baker ran at players, he didn't lose the ball, he made space and he let go of the ball at the right time. Bell made angles for players, gave them options and played the right balls. McSheffrey ran his heart out 2nd half, didn't stop running. And I've been the biggest critic of McShef this season but I could see the effort he was putting in and it was thoroughly appreciated (although he should have put that chance away)! Keogh - quality, Murphy - at least 3 quality saves, Wood - did unbelievably well at left back, Thomas - absolute qulaity, grew into that sitting role more and more as the game went on, Juke - I wouldn't say that chance was a sitter but should've done better (but how good was the play leading up to it!) and, I'm going to leave special mention to Christie here because he was my man of the match (sorry PVA, I don't know what you were watching there!) - defended brilliantly, attacked brilliantly and first and foremost, did the basics. You have any doubts about what you're doing, you get it out of play and you let other players get back in to position and help you. He did that. He didn't try and be clever which Wood and Hussey did in the first half and gave the ball away.

And here's the most amazing thing. When we scored, we didn't sit back instantly and invite pressure, we stayed fairly high up the pitch and kept pressure on them. I can't remember the last time we did that after scoring (although, it's a while since I remember us scoring)! And it was the least worried I've been for ages about us conceding in the last few minutes!

Not getting carried away, just very happy with today and the 2nd half performance... Oh, and we kept a clean sheet!!!

wingy

We watched the same game KG ,sat somewhere different yesterday ,near the posh seats and have to say the atmosphere second half was awesome ,and the momentum seemed to build throughout the second half,there was an incedent where wood dillied and dallied about fifteen into the second half ,where there were looks and words exchanged and it seemed like the colllective anger spurred them on and made them gel and more cohesive.

Lord_Nampil

Conor Thomas to me looks better in the holding Role than Clingan does! I think it was really important yesterday we won without 2 players who i think we should sell in January in Clingan and Craine! Id keep Juke no need to sell him till the end of the season, but id re invest any profit from Sammy and Craine with 2 wide players, a left back and another forward of some sort!

Yesterday i thought the 1st half was the worst iv seen us play actually in ages we looked totally confused and Gael seemed to just get in the way so it was like playing with 10 men!

Second half much better thought the whole team injected the desire and understanding of what it means to be a sky blues player!

Murphy, Keogh, Thomas, Bell, Baker, Macca, Wood, Deegan and Juke worked very hard in the second half and out of them i don't know who you would pick as man of the match! As or Thorn i still don't see him as the answer, yes the 2nd half was very good but what we saw in the first half shows he has a long way to go if he wants to remain as a manager at any level!

The Crowd was good yesterday too, considering where we are in the league to get just under 5,000 less than a normal boxing day isn't bad!!!

Tankie

An absolute bang on example of the Phrase "A game of two Halves"
I think we all agree, that the first half was Hopeless..To put it Kindly! but the second was played in the kind of spirit that is needed if we are to get out of this "Death Row" situation.
I think they all earned their money second half, with Keogh, just pinching the gold medal from David Bell, who after a lengthy absence put in a good solid eye catching performance.
there were others that caught the eye, Connor Thomas, the Goalie,..yes there will be other contenders, and this is good news, for it shows the team played well collectively, during an exciting second half.
Well done lads, but don't throw away the breathing aparatus,......."You've still got a mountain to climb"
Respect to all nominations........Tankie

PVA

Got into a few little arguments in here yesterday but just realised I didn't actually post my ratings!

Murphy - 7

Christie - 6 (That includes a plus one for the mazy run)
Keogh - 8
Wood - 7
Hussey - 6

Thomas - 8.5 - MOTM
Baker 7.5 - His best game in ages
Biggie - 4 - probably his worst performance in a cov shirt, just not his day
Bell - 7 - Best performance of the season

McSheff - 7.5 - Looked much better up top than he has in the whole, should have scored and also unlucky not to win a penalty
Juke - 7

Subs:
Cameron - 7
Deegan - 8 - Obviously the goal gets him brownie points, but his passing and link up play was very good
McPake - N/A

stupot07

Re: Baker - it was definitely a game of two halves. Baker along with Bigi was terrible first half. IMO thorn could have taken either of them off at half time. However second half he wad fantastic, he ran at players and was positive and played the right ball at the right time.

skybluegod

Re: Baker - it was definitely a game of two halves. Baker along with Bigi was terrible first half. IMO thorn could have taken either of them off at half time. However second half he wad fantastic, he ran at players and was positive and played the right ball at the right time.

i agree that either player could have gone off and that baker was much improved second half but his first touch wasn't great at the best of time's everything else was great from him IMO

ajsccfc

Does anyone else think that Deegan's introduced sense of urgency was the real difference? It seemed to make Baker, Bell and McSheffrey step up their efforts in particular and we looked to work a lot harder second half.

skybluegod

Does anyone else think that Deegan's introduced sense of urgency was the real difference? It seemed to make Baker, Bell and McSheffrey step up their efforts in particular and we looked to work a lot harder second half.

deegan was the reason we won thorn told him to go and be aggresive and tackle and it worked.

kg82

Yeah, McSheffrey said pretty much that in his after-match interview! In the first half our midfield was completely dominated - for most of them it didn't look like they knew where they were playing. 2nd half was completely different. Like you say, Deegan introduced a sense of urgency and seemed to spur the rest of the team on to the point where we were getting a lot of space in midfield and it was allowing Christie to bomb forward. Kilkenny ran the show for Bristol in the first half but second half Christie gave him so much trouble he had to be substituted and that was all pretty much down to Deegan just hassling!

And the atmosphere in the 2nd half was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread