Random Transfer Story of The Day! (1 Viewer)

From Sky Sports -

Done Deal:
Confirmation of a story brought to you by skysports.com earlier in the day, and Brentford have signed Harry Forrester on a two-year contract after he turned down the chance to join Dutch champions Ajax.

WTF????

Ernie Machin

Very odd, Frank De Boer seemed impressed with him. Obviously didn't fancy playing reserve football in a foreign country. Mind you, living in Amsterdam would be enough for me. Perhaps it was money related, Ajax have tightened their purse strings of late, they were in serious financial trouble.

some of these young lads need to get abroad asap, last successful english players abroad were Beckham, McManaman,Ince and Owen (although his success was limited)

dont quite understand the phobia of english players, playing abroad.

Ernie Machin

You'd be surprised. They gave some silly money away to young lads who never made it, so they probably offered very little this time round. He would have played in the reserves and maybe got into the squad towards the end of the season.

That said, I'd take the risk of making my name at a four time European Cup winner over bleddy Brentford. If they were offering him a contract, they must have seen something. Definitely looks like he's been a bit of a chicken.

Covstu

agree, it would in invaluable experience for him even playing as backup for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread