Radio stations agree FA Cup, England deals (1 Viewer)

dutchman

TalkSport has joined fierce rival BBC Radio 5 Live as radio broadcast partner for the FA Cup and England internationals, after agreeing a joint deal with the Football Association.

The UTV Media-owned network has secured commercial radio rights to the FA Cup in the UK, and will cover the competition for the first time.

It has also secured global FA Cup rights for TalkSport International, which launches next month.

Starting in the 2012/13 season and running through to 2017/18, the two broadcasters will share radio rights to The FA Cup, the Community Shield and England internationals.

Listeners will be able to look forward to live coverage of qualification games for the 2014 and 2018 World Cups and the 2016 European Championships in France.

The deal will start with the Community Shield - the traditional English football curtain raiser - on August 12, with live coverage coming to analogue, digital and online radio via both stations.

Alongside the UK rights, TalkSport also gets full syndication rights to broadcast FA Cup matches and the Community Shield worldwide in any language using TalkSport International, its new global service that launches on August 18.

This follows the recent announcement of TalkSport's exclusive deal with the Premier League to broadcast live commentary of games outside the European Economic Area.

pusbccfc

Prefer talk sport all day!

AngryAnt

i prefer 5live, but that said the bbc have made some huge... errors... in their spending recently, i.e massively overspending on the olympics and cutting everything from F1 to Football.
5Live is/was a good station, but with this its just another nail in the coffin.

Plus, 5live has no ad breaks or stan collymore!

Tad

Who the heck chooses to hear Talk Sport? Sound like my idea of torture. They have Richard Keys and Andy Gray. Enough said!

Last edited:

Grendel

Who the heck chooses to hear Talk Sport? Sound ls like my idea of torture. They have Richard Keys and Andy Gray. Enough said!

They also have jackasses like Adrian Durham. You ask who listens to it? The same people who consider the Daily Star a quality newspaper.

stupot07

They also have jackasses like Adrian Durham. You ask who listens to it? The same people who consider the Daily Star a quality newspaper.

I can't stand Adrian Durham, just says the most obnoxious and controversial things he can. I sometimes listen to it on my way home so I can shout obscenities at him! But your right I can't stand the station.

Users who are viewing this thread