Radio Coverage? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Does anybody know where I can listen to the games online? Only some of them are on the BBC website and the only radios I have are in my car or on my phone and my phone gets no signal in my room and I don't particularly want to drive around for 2 hours.

Just wondered if there were any other places people knew of that streamed the commentary as it has to be better than watching Sky Sports Soccer Tuesday!

torchomatic

What about any Burnley website?

Nick

Administrator
Good thinking! The only thing is hearing the Biasness of the commentator ha!

I will have a look on their local radio and have a listen.

Fingers crossed it will be on CWM though.

I_8_Doyle

I believe most games cannot be broadcast online because of the agreement between the Football League & the club websites and that Premium TV. You can listen to the game on there, but you pay for the service.

I_8_Doyle

It won't be on there either. FA Cup games are on the radio I think as they aren't governed by the football league.

lew

games are on the radion 98.4 fm BBC COVENTRY AND WARWICKSHIRE every week, home and away, cup game, league game.

Nick

Administrator
That is on the radio though, it does not stream on the internet :(

It will be on DAB though :)

I_8_Doyle

Yes but the issue was listening to them online. If you use the BBC online radio system they cut it off before kick off.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Blimey SBWeeman! Talk about dredging up the past! This thread will have it's 7th birthday soon! :D :D :D :D :D

covmark

hummmm debating about buying a radio but jumped straight into going sixfields...

shooting-stars-handbags-ooooh-o_zpsa83daa7a.gif

Skyblueweeman

Blimey SBWeeman! Talk about dredging up the past! This thread will have it's 7th birthday soon! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm away with work at the moment and was bored last night in the hotel so wondered what the 1st ever thread was. The first was locked (some game thread) and this was the next. Once I read it, I just had to find out if Nick ever did get his DAB radio!! :)

slyblue57

I live in Solihull and have a DAB radio but it wo nt tune into cwr or any cov radio stations just bloody birmingham stations. DAB radios are tuned into areas so if u live anywhere outside cov u wo nt be able to listen anyway. I d be happy to hear if anyone can and how
pusb

skybluejelly

I live in Solihull and have a DAB radio but it wo nt tune into cwr or any cov radio stations just bloody birmingham stations. DAB radios are tuned into areas so if u live anywhere outside cov u wo nt be able to listen anyway. I d be happy to hear if anyone can and how
pusb

I think it depends on the radio ...I have 3 dab radios but can only get cwr on one of them ... Which is fine as I obviously only have one on at a time

wingy

obviously didn't clock the age of his thread earlier ,but like the smart TV's ,how about an App like Tune in or other.

Wheelfass

pusb
I go to Devon about three times a year and can listen to BBC CWR even in areas without free wi-fi by tethering my Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile phone to my Ipad and selecting CWR from the Radio player App. The Ipad then connects to the internet on 3G which is fast enough to listen to the broadcasts. You can listen to the Friday night phone-in and also the post match phone-in but sadly any match commentary isn't allowed because of licensing laws. However, BBC Sports provide a full live text coverage and I think that is possible the best on offer. Unless you subscribe to Sky Blue Player of course.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

FFS Nick...come on man...tell us?!

We need to know...DID YOU GET A DAB RADIO?

All talk of stadium ownership, playing formation and sh*tty little buzzy flying things with wings can wait until we know the answer....???

ccfcway

to cheer things up a bit. The week after this thread was created, in the League we played Leicester. The week after, we played Burnley, 3 weeks after, we played QPR

You don't see them about much now do you

Houchens Head

Never did :( got sky blues player instead

Does this mean this thread is now closed? Can't we keep it going like the "Portsmouth, what on earth..." thread? :claping hands:

Houchens Head

Not sure if I have mentioned it before, I know a good site to find things cheap. Of course I bought a DAB Radio from here - http://www.finditforless.co.uk/search/dab-radio

It was amazing, great price and I got a million pound cashback ;) ;)

:thinking about:Sounds a great site Nick. It just needs a really good advert on someones posts. :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread