Radio Commentary - Shocking? (1 Viewer)

Bluegirl

:(
Its Adam Dent commentating...Ive just been bitching about him on the IC site.
He wants to keep his gob shut
BG :evil:

Nick

Administrator
Re: vs Scunthorpe (01.03.2008)

Yep. He seems to chat a bit of rubbish! He is a Wolves fan though.

Bluegirl

Re: vs Scunthorpe (01.03.2008)

he just said 'What a goal' when Scunny scored
and then....."The away team are making a substitution" :eek:
Bog off we dont want that kind of commentary on our local radio station thankyou !!!
Grrrrrr :evil:

Nick

Administrator
He doesn't seem to know much about players and always stutters and stumbles to figure out who is who.

Just said he has seen Simpson warming up and then said "You could say, so what?"

J

JuanDan petrolman

lets start a petition to kick this fool of the radio, along with the plastic paddy Nob Brolly

Bluegirl

Brolly is a legend in his own lunchtime
I remember going to see him in Calvary years ago...OMG did he fancy himself :|
BG

Bluegirl

:eek:
No - Im not a fan... :p
He swans around corporate at the Ricoh like he's hosting his own party.
His bro watches the games from my balcony and is a really nice guy.
BG

C

COV & VILLA

all the local media that covers the sky blues r pretty rubbish.
bbc cov & warks - rubbish, geoff foster is the only 1 who actually seems 2 support the club & hav half a brain
coventry telegraph - this is like one of those tabloyd papers aimed @ morons. i wish we had a proper paper.
midlands today - not as bad as central but thats not saying much
central - cuz i like villa i don't mind cuz its the unofficiall AVFC tv channel but 4 cov stuff it's a joke.
coventry observer - better than the telgraph but they did do a peace supporting kevin kyle so it makes u wonder wot planet there reporter is on
coventry times - free version of coventry telegraph so no comment needed

if u ask me its a good thing we have online forums & supporters websites cuz they r the only place that u get any sense & truth & honesty. some peeps r a bit mentalist but there is a lot of passion & insitefulness. things can b said that the established media wouldn't dare 2 say 4 fear of losing there privledges & freebies. if i was ranson i would ban the cov telegraph & bbc cov & warks.

x

PearlJammer

You know, sometimes it can do us good to have an outside perspective on our team.

As much as we all love "our Geoff", the guy is super-reluctant to criticise the club or the players. If somebody calls in to the show and has a rant about Player X, Geoff will simply say "he didn't have the best game, did he?" or "He has had better performances this season". At least with Dent, we get it straight and we get it candid. On top of that, we can be assured that his opinion is relatively objective (though I disagree with a lot of comments implying that he doesn't care about the club). It might not make easy listening, but sometimes that is exactly what we need...whether we like it or not.

FWIW, I think the entire sports section is a dog-and-pony operation. Neither Clive nor Geoff are good commentators. Andy Turner rarely contributes anything insightful. And even something that should be simple to do, like a phone-in, has become a tedious affair. Having an intelligent, articulate, perceptive, hip-shooter like Dent is GOOD for our club, even if he can be difficult to listen to for a lot of you. I still pine for the days of Gurney and Dent in the commentary box, or even Phil Mercer (if any of you can remember that far back!)

The only other decent pundit I've heard on the BBC C&W airwaves is Dave Phillips. So I'd love to see him get more involved in the media set-up around the city.

Bluegirl

Oh I hate Dave Philips too
He is so full of himself......
I dont mind an unbiased commentary but he spent all his time critisising us and bigging up Scunny.....at the end of the day I could work out for myself that we were playing badly I didnt need him to rub it in every few minutes!
BG

jagman

Out of the famous four Eakin, Foster, Turner and Dent who do the inter-active show Adam Dent is by far the best. He knows his football and tells it like it is and does not wear sky-blue specs and is not afraid to say what he thinks.
Like Pearljammer i to thiink Rob Gurney was the best commentator we have had the ideal team would be Gurney and Dent.

J

JuanDan petrolman

id like to see the killer combination of john sillet and jimmy hill on the old wireless

Nick

Administrator
PearlJammer said:
You know, sometimes it can do us good to have an outside perspective on our team.

As much as we all love "our Geoff", the guy is super-reluctant to criticise the club or the players. If somebody calls in to the show and has a rant about Player X, Geoff will simply say "he didn't have the best game, did he?" or "He has had better performances this season". At least with Dent, we get it straight and we get it candid. On top of that, we can be assured that his opinion is relatively objective (though I disagree with a lot of comments implying that he doesn't care about the club). It might not make easy listening, but sometimes that is exactly what we need...whether we like it or not.

FWIW, I think the entire sports section is a dog-and-pony operation. Neither Clive nor Geoff are good commentators. Andy Turner rarely contributes anything insightful. And even something that should be simple to do, like a phone-in, has become a tedious affair. Having an intelligent, articulate, perceptive, hip-shooter like Dent is GOOD for our club, even if he can be difficult to listen to for a lot of you. I still pine for the days of Gurney and Dent in the commentary box, or even Phil Mercer (if any of you can remember that far back!)

The only other decent pundit I've heard on the BBC C&W airwaves is Dave Phillips. So I'd love to see him get more involved in the media set-up around the city.

I agree about an outside look on the team and it is not about the negative comments that really annoys me as I love negativity as long as it is constructive.

Would you catch Andy Gray saying "Oh they are bringing him on, he is useless anyway" or something on Sky?

He would be negative and say something with a reason like "His finishing has been terrible lately" or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread