question... if sisu sold up tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

and the new owners were unable to reach an agreement with ACL/CCC over using the Ricoh, would you follow the team to northHampton/a another ground while the new owners built a new ground?

italiahorse

and the new owners were unable to reach an agreement with ACL/CCC over using the Ricoh, would you follow the team to northHampton/a another ground while the new owners built a new ground?

If any owners including SISU couldn't agree a deal they are incompetent.
Zero rent plus match costs is a great deal.

Astute

The council/Higgs would be delighted to have to deal with anyone but SISUE. We all know they have been bullshitting us. So the odds are they have done the same with ACL. It went from the rent being too high to being all about the pie money.

M&B Stand

Sisu employee. Is that the best you can do?
Don't you want the club to have the revenues it generates?

italiahorse

It would be nice, but don't they need to have invested in the catering facilities to be entitled to the profits? If I was the caterers I would negotiate a % deal as it seems a win win situation. Unless they agreed to buy some of the Compass contract but that's not what SISU have done as yet.

shmmeee

Do you want them to be given charity?

Should ACL pay to have them there?

If the ground's too big to afford to play there that's one thing, but I've never heard Fisher make that argument. If they owned the ground they'd have to pay for all this stuff too. The only reason they don't at Sixfields is because it's a groundshare and all the facilities are in place anyway.

M&B Stand

It would be nice, but don't they need to have invested in the catering facilities to be entitled to the profits? If I was the caterers I would negotiate a % deal as it seems a win win situation. Unless they agreed to buy some of the Compass contract but that's not what SISU have done as yet.

Yeah of course sisu should buy the catering contract. Can't help thinking you're looking at it from an ACL point of view. As a city fan, do you not want a better deal for the club than the stadium management company?

italiahorse

Yeah of course sisu should buy the catering contract. Can't help thinking you're looking at it from an ACL point of view. As a city fan, do you not want a better deal for the club than the stadium management company?

Like SISU's stadium management company?

skybluericoh

If a new owner came in, not yet another SISU off shoot, I would support the club, that support would last as long as they treated my support as wanted and respected. If they made me feel in away the same way as SISU have done, I.E 'not interested in my view, feelings or my club as an asset to the City and community, with a great history spending over 125 years' then that new owner would also be in my NOPM club. If there were contractual reasons that they could not move back straight away I'd get an ST provided I was satirised that they were doing all they could to get us back to Cov, If then it became evident that SISU were always doing the right thing for the club and ACL were really the bad boys I'd have I Love SISU tattooed across my butt, and follow the club to wherever the new owners put them. Can't see it somehow.

skybluericoh

so what additional revenue would sisu get from building their own ground?

The rent from the football club? Interest from the Debt? they would also get car parking and pies, but I just think there has to be more to it than Pies and Coffee!!

chiefdave

With any new owner planning not to play at the Ricoh and build a new ground I would want to know the same thing I want to know from SISU. That is how is it a financial benefit to CCFC over a return to the Ricoh, even if that return to the Ricoh was not as owners. I would want to know why they were prepared to pay millions for a new stadium outside the city without submitting a bid to purchase the Ricoh or make any attempt to build the new ground in the city.

If there is a genuine business case for CCFC not retuning to the Ricoh and instead building a new stadium why have SISU not thought to share it with us. Prove that it is in the clubs interest and they might get more of the fan base supporting their actions.

torchomatic

People would find something else to complain about, I would imagine.

Spionkop

Originally Posted by Colin1883 View Post

"....and the new owners were unable to reach an agreement with ACL/CCC over using the Ricoh, would you follow the team to northHampton/a another ground while the new owners built a new ground?"

Not me either

martcov

Everyone ( every fan ) wants the club to get the revenue it generates. Just that, some think the revenue might end up in the Cayman Isles..... and not be used for acheiving sporting success.

Noggin

I don't belive for a second new owners wouldn't be able to reach an agreement with acl. Acl might not have acted perfectly but this 100% wouldn't have happened without sisu and they are completely to blame for it not being sorted.

skybluefred

'Services charges' replacing rent and ACL/Compass keeping the catering profits. Yep, sounds a great deal.

Compass paid £5m for the catering rights when CCFC sold them. Stands to reason they would keep the catering profits.
It might be possible that they would sell them back to CCFC for a similar amount.

skybluetony176

People would find something else to complain about, I would imagine.

too right, we're football fans and that's what we do. moan at every bad pass, moan at every tackle, moan at every refs decision against us, moan at substitutions, moan about who is and who shouldn't be starting, moan about tactics, moan about goals conceded, moan missing dead cert goals, moan about diving etc etc. and no one will ever stop that.

the problem as i see it, is that we have more to moan about off field than on field and that's just wrong. thank you sisu.

Flying Fokker

Everyone ( every fan ) wants the club to get the revenue it generates. Just that, some think the revenue might end up in the Cayman Isles..... and not be used for acheiving sporting success.

When did that happen in the past? Every owner takes money out of the club unless a rich benefactor comes along.

Users who are viewing this thread