PWKH on CWR? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently was on earlier, anybody hear what he had to say?

SonofErnie

Mostly talked about the sale to Wasps. They offered cash and SISU attached multiple conditions making the decision an easy one.

Nick

Administrator
Even though they had said previously they would never sell their shares to CCFC / SISU and it was always going to be Wasps?

Sounds like another interview somebody can spin shite.

shmmeee

Can we stop this nonsense about them being a charity, they made donations totaling £89k last year from income of £1.4m. The Charity spends the majority of its income on running a bar.

What makes you say that? It’s not what the Commission believes anyway:

28FD11CF-7923-4E54-BD78-83154010CECE.jpeg

Captain Dart

Disapointed to see that.
Even worse pkwh pays himself £65k (note right near the end of report.)

better days

£65k more than Fisher got from Otium, in the last accounts ;)
Fisher must be paid by one of the other companies under SISU's control
That would make sense
Imagine the stick he'd get if his salary was shown in the accounts
Especially if it's a significant amount

Captain Dart

£65k more than Fisher got from Otium, in the last accounts ;)
We haven't seen Otium accounts yet.
But he and Laura Deering deffo got nothing for being directors of SBS&L.

Captain Dart

I looked not too long ago and thry were not there! When did they pop up.

Edit: I was checking on companys house web site where they have not appeared. The official site has published them and this is first I heard about it. Story and link...

NEWS: Coventry City FC and its parent company publish latest set of accounts

No time to look today hope osb gets his thoughts down before too long.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Pretty much covered what I want to say previously. Nothing much to add. Otium is the only trading part of the sbs&l group

dazed&confused

Can we stop this nonsense about them being a charity, they made donations totaling £89k last year from income of £1.4m. The Charity spends the majority of its income on running a bar.

Thanks for posting the link to the AHCT year to 5 April 2018 Consolidated Financial Statements.

I'm no fan of charities and all their admin costs, but I do think you were being a bit disingenuous to only quote that gross income figure of £1.4m, while ignoring the very significant and pretty relevant trading subsidiary costs of £847k (you don't make a lot of money running a bar: ~£106k, apparently).

A fairer - but still damning - summary might be: 'Given that running a bar isn't particularly profitable, it's fortunate that the AHCT revenues where boosted by net investment & other income of ~£438k; but after taking into account non-direct charitable activity & governance costs of ~£105k (boo), the AHCT was left with a total surplus of ~£439k in the year of which only ~£89k was actually donated to charitable causes, with the balance of ~£350k being carried forward for future use'.

NorthernWisdom

A fairer - but still damning - summary might be: 'Given that running a bar isn't particularly profitable, it's fortunate that the AHCT revenues where boosted by net investment & other income of ~£438k; but after taking into account non-direct charitable activity & governance costs of ~£105k (boo), the AHCT was left with a total surplus of ~£439k in the year of which only ~£89k was actually donated to charitable causes, with the balance of ~£350k being carried forward for future use'.
Catchy.

fernandopartridge

Thanks for posting the link to the AHCT year to 5 April 2018 Consolidated Financial Statements.

I'm no fan of charities and all their admin costs, but I do think you were being a bit disingenuous to only quote that gross income figure of £1.4m, while ignoring the very significant and pretty relevant trading subsidiary costs of £847k (you don't make a lot of money running a bar: ~£106k, apparently).

Thanks for that. Like I said £89k

Nick

Administrator
And I saw that one of the supposed conditions were that AEHC were to assist with CCFC-related charitable programmes (or something along those lines). What was so offensive about that?

It is just a bullshit excuse he reels off for PR, he had no intention of dealing with CCFC from the start. It was always going to be Wasps.

chiefdave

And I saw that one of the supposed conditions were that AEHC were to assist with CCFC-related charitable programmes (or something along those lines). What was so offensive about that?
That’s correct. Another condition was to be given access to the same information that had already been supplied to Wasps to verify the business was as healthy as was being claimed. I would suggest that’s not an unreasonable request.

Shame the media never press him on these conditions and just let him reel off his excuses.

Nick

Administrator
That’s correct. Another condition was to be given access to the same information that had already been supplied to Wasps to verify the business was as healthy as was being claimed. I would suggest that’s not an unreasonable request.

Shame the media never press him on these conditions and just let him reel off his excuses.

Would have been better if they said:

"But the council officer said in court that you had no intention of doing a deal with CCFC and you tried to persuade them never to either. They also said you only wanted to sell to Wasps from the start. Is that true?"

Users who are viewing this thread