Put him out of his misery......... (1 Viewer)

Blind_Faith

And send Reece Brown back to UTD, done nothing for us except make mistakes and cost us goals, needs to have along chat with his Brother to find out how to be a top class defender :jerkit:

Grendel

I didn't go so can only go by the commentary but it sounds once again that Barton's poor passing and inability to retain possession cost the team a couple of goals. This is more of an issue - he has had a part to play in a lot of goals conceded to date.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I didn't go so can only go by the commentary but it sounds once again that Barton's poor passing and inability to retain possession cost the team a couple of goals. This is more of an issue - he has had a part to play in a lot of goals conceded to date.
Didn't sound like that tto me, I remember Bailey giving the ball away and Arsenal breaking on the counter to score. Think that was the 3rd or 4th goal. I was only listening to commentary also

Nonleagueherewecome

I think somebody has a new hate figure...

Paxman II

brown was nothing more than awful! Out of position time and time again, lost his man , at fault 3 times seriously and can't tackle when needed. Also fails to play to the whistle....what was he raising his arm for 1st goal? Should have followed his man and made a tackleof some kind, any kind. :facepalm:

skybluedaze

Not making excuses for him but he is still young and learning his trade. He's also been thrown into a struggling side with no confidence and played against some of the best players in the world. It doesn't sound like he'll make the grade at Man U, but might be an effective lower league player given time. All that said, Robins knows the club can't afford to have passengers anymore, so maybe he should go back to old trafford. Although fergie may persuade him otherwise given how well they know each other. I personally think we need more experienced defenders at this level that might not have the most ability with the ball but will run through a brick wall and stop any striker in his tracks. Just until the team stabilises.

Nonleagueherewecome

Can't...send....him...back :facepalm:

RichieGunns

CAN'T SEND HIM BACK!!!!!

Not until January and only if there is a Claus in his contract that allows them to. If not we have him till the end of the season...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

*Sigh*

I feel much better now lol Glad I got that off my chest...! :D

covcity4life

thought he was ok bar that dumbass mistake for penalty

if he can improve he can play a part but yeah he is a worry.

Mucca Mad Boys

I didn't go so can only go by the commentary but it sounds once again that Barton's poor passing and inability to retain possession cost the team a couple of goals. This is more of an issue - he has had apart to play in a lot of goals conceded to date.

I was there, and I remember the only player in mdifield to play terribly was McSheff (too selfish and hasn't got itno more), Barton and Bailey together were a good pair, then when it went 2-0 it fell apart because our mistakes were pounced on.

Brown, Elliott and McSheff were our worst players.

Astute

I was there, and I remember the only player in mdifield to play terribly was McSheff (too selfish and hasn't got itno more), Barton and Bailey together were a good pair, then when it went 2-0 it fell apart because our mistakes were pounced on.

Brown, Elliott and McSheff were our worst players.

Sheffers was poor in the 1st half but made up for it in the 2nd half. Everyone around me agreed with this. But he was poor playing against which players in the 1st half?

Mucca Mad Boys

Sheffers was poor in the 1st half but made up for it in the 2nd half. Everyone around me agreed with this. But he was poor playing against which players in the 1st half?

I disagree, I thought he was too selfish, tried to be the hero too often and it didn't work.

He got into to decent positions but on the whole, made the wrong decisions e.g. that time when he tried to smash it in from a ridiculous angle but should've squared it.

I have to say though, I do dislike him, over rated.

ashbyjan

In the past I have always tried to see some redeeming feature in a player or what it is that the manager sees that us mere fans cannot - even Leon Barnett I could see a glimmer of a good player but in Brown I fail to see anything that makes me think he will ever be a decent central defender. He lacks positional sense, doesn't time tackles, gets on the wrong side of the striker, isn't aggressive, isn't good in the air, lacks anything resembling courage - Robins please just send him back to Utd. In fact its interesting that despite United having a crisis in the centre back department with injuries they are still not asking for this guy back - must say something about how high Fergie rates him.

As for Sheff he was decent in his first spell here, did well at Brum for a couple of seasons and has slowly declined ever since and now is just a passenger in most games. If he made up for his lack of pace, bravery and poor first touch with workrate he could be forgiven but he is lazy. His constant bull about loving his home town club etc - if true please break sweat occasionally for the Sky Blue shirt you claim to love so much.

wingy

I disagree, I thought he was too selfish, tried to be the hero too often and it didn't work.

He got into to decent positions but on the whole, made the wrong decisions e.g. that time when he tried to smash it in from a ridiculous angle but should've squared it.

I have to say though, I do dislike him, over rated.

But he scored one against Reading at home from an even tighter angle ,and everyone said it was a fluke ,the guy can't win.Having said that I'm with the majority ,He's lost it and not good enough for what we need.

Users who are viewing this thread