Pubs and plan for Sunderland (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

What are you all doing then?

Stopping the weekend?

Where is everyone drinking?

steveo1987

Gutted I can't go after my knee replacement as a weekend in Newcastle looked great.I suppose it's keep your wits about you and stay safe.

Tommo72

Get up there early and set up observation points....

Everyone to meet in ‘The Final Stand’ at 11am, Stone Island clobber ironed to perfection and Gazelles ready to run ‘em. I’ve got a crew of 150 ready to set up Jimmy Hill flags and posters in the city centre from 9.30am...

johnb

I will be taking the train as usual to away games this season. Take the 7.27am train from Cov , arrive Newcastle 11.29am, shoe in a Wetherspoons breakfast. Mosey about Newcastle for a while before catching a train or Metro to Sunderland. After the game buy some tins then back by train same day. As ever on my travels to away games this season I am asked on average about six times “ what’s going on at Coventry then ? “ , taking me about ten minutes each time to explain and after about the fifth time it begins to do my head in. Such is life of a Sky Blues supporter these days!

Nick

Administrator
I remember being out in Newcastle once, there was a nightclub under the hotel.

About 4 brawls and geordie dancer in there, what a place. None of that posh Tiger Tiger nonsense.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I remember being out in Newcastle once, there was a nightclub under the hotel.

About 4 brawls and geordie dancer in there, what a place. None of that posh Tiger Tiger nonsense.
I've been to Newcastle four times and on each occasion have seen a brawl breakout in daylight. Strange place. However, I will be heading up first thing Saturday morning and staying in Newcastle after the game. Hoping some other City fans will be doing similar so we can create a bit of an atmosphere before/after kick off.

Covstu

we used to park up at the bowling alley which is about 10 mins away. There was a bout 100 cov fans in their the last time, not bowling!

CJ_covblaze

We’re only going for the day. Just seen that some of the Metro is shut this weekend which might inconvenience a good number of home and away fans.

SKYBLUES90

We’re only going for the day. Just seen that some of the Metro is shut this weekend which might inconvenience a good number of home and away fans.

Yep, line is closed from Newcastle to Brockley so will be bus replacements which take over an hour.

Attachments

• B03A0C83-A2F8-4FBD-80DA-78EDE618E543.png
    B03A0C83-A2F8-4FBD-80DA-78EDE618E543.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 22

SkyBlueDom26

Get up there early and set up observation points....

Everyone to meet in ‘The Final Stand’ at 11am, Stone Island clobber ironed to perfection and Gazelles ready to run ‘em. I’ve got a crew of 150 ready to set up Jimmy Hill flags and posters in the city centre from 9.30am...

You're famous on their forum for this one:smuggrin:

christonabike

Went to Newcastle a few times following the City. Went to a night club called the “Boat” which was a boat and had a revolving dance floor and Sheila’s dancing in cages with next to fook all on.
Happy days! Mind you the first game was the last season before the ground was rebuilt so you had to piss against the rear of the stand as a toilet and the next time was the first game at the posh new stadium we got beat both times lol.

CovInEssex

Did anyone go on a Tuesday night about 10 years ago? Think we got thumped but can't remember the score, I was only about 15

Frank Sidebottom

That's annoying... staying in Newcastle Friday and Saturday. Ah well train it is. Was hoping to go to the harbour view pub but probably just find somewhere near the station.

fernandopartridge

Trains about £5 return
departs at 20 minutes to the hour every hour
returns just before half past every hour.
Sunderland station 20 minute walk from the ground.
Cheers, I hadn't thought about the train for some reason. Might be able to get the 1340 but it'll be tight

Tommo72

Not sure if this has been posted but I’m told it’s a decent crack and close to the ground...

I was eleven in 87

So are the majority of City fans going to this Wheatsheaf pub then?
I’m going up there with the missus but I’ve never been to Sunderland before and don’t want to be walking everywhere looking for the Cov fans?

Users who are viewing this thread