Proschwitz (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
What is the point of this individual, completely useless on the field for us, for those who say he has some nice touches etc then fine, so has Barton, Fleck and others but the game is about goals and we are not scoring them from our midfield or from our strikers.
He is masquerading as a striker but doesn't look like he could score more than 5 a year, even if we had a strong attacking line up.

5 minutes up front last night from Reda and he won more headers and put himself about more and worried the defence.

Sorry, but this man is a joke of a player, I think I would rather have Clive Platt back or even John Gayle. He cannot even hold off his man, same as Nouble, they need to grow some an man up to hold that front line.

Otis

Willis was a lot worse

Willis should only ever play full back again in times of dire need and if he ever does, TM should instruct him to not venture past the half way line. EVER!

Good defender, absolutely rubbish going forwards.

I thought Proschwitz worked hard last night, but he's a bit too lightweight I feel and not only doesn't he have the physical strength, he lacks pace and he has also shown a tendency to snatch at shots when inside the box.

He's good at holding the ball up, but then he's also not very good at all in the air. He also tends to end up on the floor a lot. Marcus Hall last night described him as a bit awkward and clumsy.

I didn't think he was useless last night by a long chalk and overall I think he did okay, but I can't see the point of us offering him a contract based on what we have seen thus far.

Otis

Marcus hall also said that Madison doesn't go down for free kicks

I don't think he did, did he, Nick?

I thought he said that when he goes down after being fouled, he just gets up and gets on with it.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he did, did he, Nick?

I thought he said that when he goes down after being fouled, he just gets up and gets on with it.

He said it twice about him, first time I think it was that he doesn't go down he tries to carry on. Later on he said something like he gets kicked but carries on.

skybluesam66

i thought proschwitz did ok last night - 3 worse were nouble (lazy)/willis (poor)/barton (lightweight) who all need to look at themselves after that display

Otis

He said it twice about him, first time I think it was that he doesn't go down he tries to carry on. Later on he said something like he gets kicked but carries on.

I took that, that he meant he doesn't milk it and just gets up, rather than he doesn't go down for free kicks. We all know he does go down easily. I tok that as Marcus saying that after he goes down he just tries to carry on. Dusts himself down and gets back up again.

stupot07

Personally I thought Proschwitz played well last night. Yeah, missed a few chances, but at least he got into goal scoring areas unlike his striker partner. Worked his knackers off, held the ball up well and tried to link play, always made himself available, decent feet for a big man. His best game for us. I think if he scores one he does have the capability to go on a bit of a run.

He was easily a 7/10 and was borderline MOTM with Reda for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Personally I thought Proschwitz played well last night. Yeah, missed a few chances, but at least he got into goal scoring areas unlike his striker partner. Worked his knackers off, held the ball up well and tried to link play, always made himself available, decent feet for a big man. His best game for us. I think if he scores one he does have the capability to go on a bit of a run.

He was easily a 7/10 and was borderline MOTM with Reda for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We should have played Maddison from the start and dropped Nouble. I always liked him, but have now come to the conclusion that the guy is pretty much on auto-pilot all the time.

Thing that baffled me last night was the balls we put in the air to Nouble and Proschwitz. We hardly won a single header all night.

rupert_bear

The priority for next season has to be two strikers neither Nouble or Proshwitz are anywhere near good enough, there is a fit Samuel who I suppose we could try and loan again but I would much prefer our own signed and sealed players,

Gynnsthetonic

I like the way Mowbray keeps the same team even when a player puts in a below average performance, you cannot hope to a successful team and consistency by keep on dropping players for one bad performance, get another loan in then drop him. Roll on next season under Mowbray!

stupot07

I like the way Mowbray keeps the same team even when a player puts in a below average performance, you cannot hope to a successful team and consistency by keep on dropping players for one bad performance, get another loan in then drop him. Roll on next season under Mowbray!

The loan windows closed........

Otis

The loan windows closed........

Do think he could have dropped Nouble and played Maddison, but besides that, there weren't that many options available to Mowbray.

SkyBlue_Bear83

i thought proschwitz did ok last night - 3 worse were nouble (lazy)/willis (poor)/barton (lightweight) who all need to look at themselves after that display

Nouble worked hard last night just lacked quality and composure, kept working right to the end which is why he was able to deliver his one decent ball of the evening right onto redas head in the 90th minute

skyblue14

The priority for next season has to be two strikers neither Nouble or Proshwitz are anywhere near good enough, there is a fit Samuel who I suppose we could try and loan again but I would much prefer our own signed and sealed players,

I think a player like Samuel who can run in behind plus Maddison would be a good combination as long as we try to play on the ground more and cut down on poor crossing from the fullbacks.

Greggs

I like that fact he makes life hard for the centre half marking him. Traditional old number 9, just needs a goal to spur him on.

italiahorse

You say that you like the way he keeps the same team and then say get someone in and drop him ??

Great_Expectations

He's improving each match, not necessarily a match winner, but does offer something. I am reserving some judgement until I have seen him up front with a small, mobile, pacey forward a la Samuel. Nouble is tough and frustrating to work with as a strike partner, he drifts out to the wing, is rarely near his partner, fails to release the ball and when he does beat a man his crossing (barring the goal last night) is poor.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought that he was good last night and seems to be improving each game as his match sharpness comes back, if he was available in the summer I think we could sign far worse players, I am not sure I would want Nouble back though he just doesn't offer any threat in front of goal .

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's good on the ball but useless off it.

He's often not, Noubles technical ability often lets him down and more often than not he lacks quality and composure in the final third, see him lashing over with his left foot twice in the last two games. His biggest strengths are his physicality, running at people and his unpredictability. When he gets ahead of steam running at you it's sort of like Yaya in the respect he is very difficult to stop.
Problem is he's not really an out an out striker an I'm not sure he has a position, not really a winger , maybe more of a number 10/ second striker?

CCFC88

Have I missed something with Turgott? Scored against P'boro and was reard with 10 frantic minutes against LO and not been in the squad since.

We were crying out for some natural width on the right wing, Barton and O'Brien made their way out there every so often but both were constantly drifting inside.

Its no wonder Willis looks poor going forward, he has no support what soever in the same way Nouble and Stokes try to on the left to reasonable effect

skybluesam66

Have I missed something with Turgott? Scored against P'boro and was reard with 10 frantic minutes against LO and not been in the squad since.

We were crying out for some natural width on the right wing, Barton and O'Brien made their way out there every so often but both were constantly drifting inside.

Its no wonder Willis looks poor going forward, he has no support what soever in the same way Nouble and Stokes try to on the left to reasonable effect

phoned in sick from london (supposed sickness and diarrhoea) = mowbray wasnt convinced, and not been near the team since

Nick

Administrator
phoned in sick from london (supposed sickness and diarrhoea) = mowbray wasnt convinced, and not been near the team since

You would think he would be living / staying up here while on loan.

Surely travelling so much would impact performances, it is draining.

Houdi

Proschwitz worked quite hard, but simply never looks like scoring, not an ideal trait for your centre forward. We already possess about 5-6 regulars who fit that criteria without your main striker, being another one. It's like playing a goal keeper who can't catch, but has other footballing attributes.
As others have said Willis is simply not a full back, and at times barely looks like a footballer. Yes he is strong, committed and reasonably quick, but his first touch, crossing and general passing are at times lamentable.
At times last night we played some nice controlled play and totally dominated the game, but the fact we had to rely on our centre half to rescue us a point in injury time is a real worry. Lose Saturday as is quite likely and with 2 of the bottom 4 playing each other, we could be right back in it by Saturday night.
Although I thought Fleck had a good game last night, industrious and always looking to probe forward, he never scores. Barton is neither a real creative or physical presence,again has zero goal threat.
Whilst O'Brian at least offers a goal threat at times, still runs around like a headless chicken, and gives the ball away on countless occasions, always looks one wild challenge away from a red card. Nouble is capable of moments of brilliance interspersed with long periods of absolute garbage, the worry is can you truly rely on him now when it really matters. Maddison looks like the one player of real quality, however it is a lot to ask for such a young and inexperienced player.

Otis

Proschwitz worked quite hard, but simply never looks like scoring, not an ideal trait for your centre forward. We already possess about 5-6 regulars who fit that criteria without your main striker, being another one. It's like playing a goal keeper who can't catch, but has other footballing attributes.
As others have said Willis is simply not a full back, and at times barely looks like a footballer. Yes he is strong, committed and reasonably quick, but his first touch, crossing and general passing are at times lamentable.
At times last night we played some nice controlled play and totally dominated the game, but the fact we had to rely on our centre half to rescue us a point in injury time is a real worry. Lose Saturday as is quite likely and with 2 of the bottom 4 playing each other, we could be right back in it by Saturday night.
Although I thought Fleck had a good game last night, industrious and always looking to probe forward, he never scores. Barton is neither a real creative or physical presence,again has zero goal threat.
Whilst O'Brian at least offers a goal threat at times, still runs around like a headless chicken, and gives the ball away on countless occasions, always looks one wild challenge away from a red card. Nouble is capable of moments of brilliance interspersed with long periods of absolute garbage, the worry is can you truly rely on him now when it really matters. Maddison looks like the one player of real quality, however it is a lot to ask for such a young and inexperienced player.

It is a problem with him. It is still very early days, but he doesn't look like he's going to score does he. Well, he hasn't thus far. He tends to snatch at shots I feel.

I would like to see him with Maddison though and drop Nouble. I have been one of Nouble's fans, but the last few matches he has disappointed and he's very much hit and miss.

As for 2 of the bottom 2 playing, if they draw and we lose, we would still be 3 points ahead of both and if either win, we will still be 4 points ahead of the other team.

Hobo

I wouldn't bother with Proschwitz or Nouble after the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread