+2*
Points66+11*
*One away game left to play

I think that is progress.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
hard to argue otherwise fp but I am sure some will

ajsccfc

It's definitely progress, just tempered by that hot and cold form. If our final position came as a more even spread of results I think everyone would have been delighted with the season, but even with the slump I'm more optimistic about the coming season than I can remember for a long time.

Ashdown

2015/16
Change from 2014/15
Home Wins
+6
Home Draws
Home Losses
Home Goals Scored
+16
Home Goals Conceded
Away Wins
-1*
Away Draws
-1*
Away Losses
+1
Away Goals Scored
0*
Away Goals Conceded
-2*
Defeats from Scoring First
-3*
Wins from Scoring First
+3*
Wins from Conceding First
+2*
+11*

Can't argue with the stats but it was the collapse after Xmas for 3 months that is fresh in the mind for everyone. The football became appalling, we stopped scoring and looked like we could lose every game. The two freak results against Crewe and Bury also gave a favourable slant to the stats. I think what galls people the most is that we have failed to compete against clubs like Walsall and Burton when not so long ago they were our feeder clubs ! Plus when we had the chance after Xmas to invest and strengthen with genuine improvement, we brought in a handful of cheap, unproven extras and sold our most marketable player.

skybluelee

Its anybody's guess what might happen next season. Replicate the first half of the season we go up automatically, replicate the 2nd and we finish bottom.

Hobo

It is process. Yes the after Christmas form was horrendous and went on longer than anyone could imagine. Totally frustrating. A slight upturn in form in the last few games.

He needs to kick on now with some backing from the owners and the fans. Not saying promotion but we need progress again.

malkitccfc

thing is in this division, one season to the next means absolutely nothing but it's certainly progress when you look at the stats like that. What was the game we lost when we scored first? It's annoying me but I can't remember

pw362

thing is in this division, one season to the next means absolutely nothing but it's certainly progress when you look at the stats like that. What was the game we lost when we scored first? It's annoying me but I can't remember

Shrewsbury away

johnwillomagic

As someone pointed out statistically you have to view this season as an improvement but stats can be misleading.
TM had a great opportunity this year, due to players contracts expiring he was able to let a lot of the deadwood go and almost
started with a clean slate. He bought in most of our squad this season and made some poor poor signings in New Year.

The best stat/point of the entire threead was made by someone who said stats do not mean a thing one season
to the next in League one as due to the nature you have to virtually rebuild your entire squad year to year.

For next season for instance from this squad think we will lose/have lost already
Cole, Bigi, Armstrong, Murphy, Maddison, Henderson, Hunt, Ramage, Lorentzon, MAF, Tudguy, C.Thomas & Fleck.

so a whole team gone basically - that's why stats do not mean shit one season to the next as you are not
measuring from a stable base.

TM is going to largely have to start again.....

fernandopartridge

2015/16
Change from 2014/15
Home Wins
+6
Home Draws
Home Losses
Home Goals Scored
+16
Home Goals Conceded
Away Wins
-1*
Away Draws
-1*
Away Losses
+1
Away Goals Scored
0*
Away Goals Conceded
-2*
Defeats from Scoring First
-3*
Wins from Scoring First
+3*
Wins from Conceding First
+2*
Points66+11*

Away goals scored now an improvement on last season. Forgot to list clean sheets as a stat. That has likely improved too.

Macca

The season was like surrendering a 3-0 lead at home, ending up 3-3 and your annoying mate saying "you would have taken a point at the start".
No bearing on next season, we know nothing at this point. When its about the loans every year is a new start

Users who are viewing this thread