Profit from Olympics (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Man U made an estimated £2m from the Olympics.

I don't know if there was a central pot that was divvied out to all football locations or it was based on ticket receipts, either way, ACL are probably less concerned about their current tenants than previously...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8247680/Red-Devils-reduce-gross-debt

"It also seems United pocketed around £2million as a result of Old Trafford being an Olympic venue given a 13.3% rise in matchday revenue to £19.6million."

wingy

Depends if ACl took a fixed fee per match or purely ticket sales,either way I'd guess somewhere between £500k-£700K.

skyblueman

Whatever it was I expect it has certainly helped the recent cash-flow of ACL so would have helped this year for sure.. perhaps this is allowing them to be more lenient with the club over the rent in the short term

pusbccfc

Depends if ACl took a fixed fee per match or purely ticket sales,either way I'd guess somewhere between £500k-£700K.

The attendances at Old Trafford weren't that much higher than the Ricoh at some games, wasn't one only like 18k at Old Trafford!

fernandopartridge

The attendances at Old Trafford weren't that much higher than the Ricoh at some games, wasn't one only like 18k at Old Trafford!

26k there for the game I went to. Admittedly it was USA vs Canada women, but a decent game.

Think GB played there once which they got a big gate for, otherwise broadly similar to Cov.

Users who are viewing this thread