Problems which need sorting (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We need to sort out the fact that if we play 1 up top they are not isolated.
Also how we attack as hoofing it up does not work.
And maybe you could say a selection issue for goal keeper if Ben Wilson keeps up his form.
What else do you guys think and what solutions could there be?

Esoterica

We need to sort out the fact that if we play 1 up top they are not isolated.
Also how we attack as hoofing it up does not work.
And maybe you could say a selection issue for goal keeper if Ben Wilson keeps up his form.
What else do you guys think and what solutions could there be?
The first two points are related. The back 4 or 5 sit deep, the 2 defensive midfielders are close to them to receive the easy ball and then there's no easy progressive pass into an attacking midfielder's feet because they are 35 yards away with little or no support, so we go long or into a channel.

To make that formation work coherently, the backline needs to play 10 to 15 yards higher and the fullbacks and DMs need to break the lines more as we build play.

That it isn't happening, especially in the first half of games, is by design though, so we can debate it all we like but Robins is purposely sending the team out to play that way currently. We also don't really have the players needed to magic something out of nothing. If you're going to play that defensively, ideally you'd want a big lump like Kazim-Richards up there to hold it up and then pace or direct ball carriers running off him. O'Hare is the closest we have and it's why he's looked most effective.

Astute

If you had a striker scoring goals would you replace him with another striker coming back from injury?

It is all down to Wilson. Keep up the form keep the Jersey. Tough on Marosi but the squad needs to know that if they play well they can keep their place. I shit myself when he came on as sub. But have loved what I have seen since. He deserves to keep his place.

rob9872

Unfortunately it's the balance between being more solid with an extra man in midfield versus being more offensive. In the first 10 games we let in 23. A clear change was needed so we had to sacrifice some attacking threat and shore things up.

Since then we've looked a bit more predictable and less entertaining but only conceded 2 goals in 4 games and collected 6 points. I think we'll use a number of formations, systems and players as the season progresses depending on form, who's available and the opposition. Providing we pick up enough points I don't mind how we get them this season and then look to consolidate that next term

superskyblue

Completely lost our pattern of play since switching to 4 at the back. We were so much more fluid against Norwich compared to Birmingham, Derby or Cardiff games.

Astute

Completely lost our pattern of play since switching to 4 at the back. We were so much more fluid against Norwich compared to Birmingham, Derby or Cardiff games.
Norwich are in trouble with the amount of injuries they have. I can see them falling away from the top of the table.

Hutch11

Dear Mr Robins
The good and most knowledgeable folk on SBT have decided that
1, Jordan Shipley is shit so please don't select him again.
2, we've stopped letting in so many goals and quite frankly we're not entertained, please revert to the basketball style football we know and love
3, the general consensus of opinion is that we play better with wing backs so therefore don't change from that system again.
4, you must sign at least 4 new players in January, 3 wingers and a centre forward that's going to score 30+ plus goals
5, don't bother driving or using public transport , we have a taxi especially arranged.

There you go , so if you can do all that we'd be most appreciative.
There's a good fellow.

The chaps at SBT

Magwitch

The reason we are starting one up top is of our two main strikers one is injured sounds like this Godden injury could be a long term so draft in another pacy forward in January a loan will do.

pastythegreat

Why is Ben Wilson staying on form and causing a selection issue a problem?
Why wouldn't he? If he keeps up his current form between now and Marosi's return and Marosi STILL walks straight back in, what sort of a message does that send out?
It says to me that regardless of how well Wilson is playing or how bad Marosi is playing, Marosi is our No1 and will play.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

superskyblue

Why wouldn't he? If he keeps up his current form between now and Marosi's return and Marosi STILL walks straight back in, what sort of a message does that send out?
It says to me that regardless of how well Wilson is playing or how bad Marosi is playing, Marosi is our No1 and will play.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I guess Marosi's view would be he didn't do anything wrong before he got assaulted, so why doesn't he deserve to walk back in to the shirt he's successfully owned for 50odd games just because someone else has been good for 5 games?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I guess Marosi's view would be he didn't do anything wrong before he got assaulted, so why doesn't he deserve to walk back in to the shirt he's successfully owned for 50odd games just because someone else has been good for 5 games?
If there is a player in form why shouldnt they start

Users who are viewing this thread