Pro-SISU / Anti-SISU (1 Viewer)

dadgad

When AB was sacked, SISU wanted to appoint Mark Robins as manager

I heard Ranson wanted MR but was overruled by SISU.....who went for the cheaper option.....not because they listened to the fans.
Even if they did it was STILL their decision.........and STILL their decision to keep him when it became clear he's actually just a scout......and STILL their decision to allow him to plan and start this season.
It was Clough who said that Boards and Chairmen know sweet FA about football.......about as much as you, TA.:jerkit:

dongonzalos

No it does not. It only does if the company required to pay it is the weaker party. That is the unanswered question. Do ACL need Coventry city? If its yes than absolutely this contract can be broken.

On that logic the whole business world would collapse. No one would ever trust anyone and no contracts would ever be signed?

TommyAtkins

Whereas if you go back and read the actual reporting, it becomes clear that SISU prioritised Robins as the main target.

It was only because of the lame, whinging bitches who wanted Thorn that SISU felt coerced.

"If SISU dont appoint Thorn, I am handing back my season ticket" blah blah

Clough, being a master PR guru, knew never to admit the truth - which is - fans are stupid.

Grendel

I heard Ranson wanted MR but was overruled by SISU.....who went for the cheaper option.....not because they listened to the fans.
Even if they did it was STILL their decision.........and STILL their decision to keep him when it became clear he's actually just a scout......and STILL their decision to allow him to plan and start this season.
It was Clough who said that Boards and Chairmen know sweet FA about football.......about as much as you, TA.:jerkit:

Er...Thorn was an interim replacement and Delieu appointed him as manager.

TA is spot on and you as ever are wrong.

Mucca Mad Boys

AT was the clear favourite for the job after his caretaker stint, he deserved a shot after seemingly turning us around.

... Just he ended up having so many flaws and contradictions as a manager that became obvious as the season dragged on last season. :mad:

ajsccfc

I remember the talk at the time that Ranson wanted Robins in over whoever was in charge at the time. I was completely against it, who's Robins? Just one of Ray's old pals I bet, not a football manager.

I think I dismissed Messi and a Ariel Ortega tribute act at one point too. This is the only reason I can think of that I'm not in the murky world of football recruitment.

Mucca Mad Boys

Whoever denies that AT was a legitimate contender for the managerial position is wrong. Shall I bump some threads!?

He was a cheaper option, BUT, he also was a clear fans' choice and other teams wanted him apparently, SISU would be criticised had they not appointed AT and we were where we are now. AT was a good choice at the time IMO, as I said before, his flaws and contradictions (in tactics etc.) became clear when he was in a full-time role.

dadgad

Clough, being a master PR guru, knew never to admit the truth - which is - fans are stupid.

Grendel is stupid that's true.....but the fact is SISU (represented by Doolally) appointed AT........not the fans.
That is a fact.
SISU have belatedly realised that they have to take responsibility for the running of the club.
They call the shots.......the buck stops with them.

Grendel

Grendel is stupid that's true.....but the fact is SISU (represented by Doolally) appointed AT........not the fans.
That is a fact.
SISU have belatedly realised that they have to take responsibility for the running of the club.
They call the shots.......the buck stops with them.

Did you not rate AT as manager Dagdad?

MichaelCCFC

Grendel, I enjoyed your posts on threads last week but "contracts are there to be broken" - really? And not knowing how many games we are from Wembley???

Last night was what being a City fan is really about. Brilliant game, never say die attitude from the players, SBA fantastic and united, not bickering about how much rent to pay. Acl-sisu need to match off the pitch what Robin's is making happen on it

MichaelCCFC

"When AB was sacked, SISU wanted to appoint Mark Robins as manager but it was pressure from the fans that led to Thorn being given the job."

Tommy, interesting point - how did you find this out?

dongonzalos

If Richard Shaw had won a couple and drew a couple.
I am pretty sure I know what would have happened whatever the fans said.

Sky Blue Kid

SISU have only ever gone for the cheaper option with anything, and everything. The exception in their tenure of CCFC being the appointment of Mark Robins.
AT had a great start as manager, and in fairness to him, the results in those last 10 games of the season saved us from relegation.
But!...His lack of Tactics and man management, became abundantly clear 4-5 games into the following season. I don't even rate him as a Scout. For every 1 good player scouted, 4 were average at best.
Back to last night's game....A good fighting spirit, and excellent tactical substitutions at the right time(AT wouldn't have had a clue)

dongonzalos

If SISU were so certain they wanted MR as far back as then.
The moment they considering sacking AT.
They would have privately sounded out MR.

One day AT would be out the next day MR would be in.

They sacked AT on the back of a bad result to Bury. It was a very emotional reaction they were not prepared for.

They then carried out a drawn out recruitment process.
Hoping Shaw would do the business.

Improve his contract slightly job done.

His shocking performance forced their hand.

We are now not sure if they wanted ince or Mr as first choice.

We now have MR.

To suggest they wanted MR nearly two years ago.
And the fans blocked
Since then he has only improved in stock yet
We went through all that recent farce to get him.

That just is not logical

Users who are viewing this thread