Preston Game moved due to FAcup (1 Viewer)

Astute

Friday/Monday is hardly different to playing Saturday/Tuesday which we do on a regular basis, so not sure what the problem is or why we would be unhappy.
Maidstone are playing Saturday/Monday, I can understand why they would complain about that. Longish trip back from Taunton on Saturday evening too.
Must be close to 4 hours on a coach. But they can relax and sleep if they need.

The hard part is 2 games in just over 2 days. Evens out us having a game on average every 3 days. It's just like us. It's great having a good cup run but you have to suffer the consequences.

skybluericoh

In the good old days, Christmas Day and the return fixture was Boxing Day. Was usually a local derby, but they just got on with it.
could argue they were not the finely honed athletes they are now…

SBbucks

Must be close to 4 hours on a coach. But they can relax and sleep if they need.

The hard part is 2 games in just over 2 days. Evens out us having a game on average every 3 days. It's just like us. It's great having a good cup run but you have to suffer the consequences.

The point being that Maidstone have far more to complain about than we do.

pusbccfc

In the good old days, Christmas Day and the return fixture was Boxing Day. Was usually a local derby, but they just got on with it.
could argue they were not the finely honed athletes they are now…

Have you ever compared a football match from the 60s to now? People could play with injuries because the standard was so much weaker.

wingy

I think I’d rather be surrounded by a few coke heads rather than 100’s of blokes in flat caps blowing pipe smoke in my face!
Trouble is you wouldn't be aware of the danger if you were there, what's the harm anyway we all have to go sometime, although that's a question that the system seems to be locking up your options.

LastGarrison

Trouble is you wouldn't be aware of the danger if you were there, what's the harm anyway we all have to go sometime, although that's a question that the system seems to be locking up your options.
Do you write the questions for cryptic crosswords?

Users who are viewing this thread