Pressley wants striker Tom Eaves.... (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Was in the paper yesterday saying Tom Eaves from Bolton (currently on loan at Shrewsbury) is a target for City.
pressley wants him to join in summer when his contract is up...

Can't see it posted anywhere else here, apologies if i have missed it.

malkitccfc

if i'm correct in thinking, he's their tall striker. We played Shrewsbury in March and he looked terrible.

Paddy9239

Had a decent reputation a few years ago. Massive striker, good for holding the ball up, works if you have a decent midfield and support striker.

KersleyDigs

He is. I'm assuming Pressley is looking at him as a link player. He did well for Shrewsbury in his first loan spell (6 goals in 10). This second spell, not so good......

Terry Gibson's perm

So it all starts again are next years season tickets on sale? Usual stuff linked with loads of players and then not able to offer a deal that can beat Barnet! Then a statement from the management saying we can't offer better terms than these big clubs. It happens at every club as they want to sell season tickets.

coop

Fuck me they better say we are signing Messi and Ronaldo to try and sell season tickets sisu are a bunch of jokers

Skyblueweeman

Regardless of previous form, I'm confident in SP and his team getting more out of anyone that comes in...they've done well in the majority of cases.

WM

Astute

Regardless of previous form, I'm confident in SP and his team getting more out of anyone that comes in...they've done well in the majority of cases.

WM

Certainly not done very well with defenders or strikers that have been brought in. Leon Clarke was the last decent one to have paid off.....and we all know how that ended. And how many defenders/strikers have been brought in during that time?

NorthernWisdom

WM

Manset, Norwich loanee, Dutch geezer, Delfonsou hardly a stellar record of strikers.

Ecclestone, the jury out on?

Dagnall the closest we've had to a 'success' and he's not exactly lit fires at Orient since to say we missed out on a striking god.

Skyblueweeman

NW/Astute, Fair points...in hindsight, I was probably aluding more to the fact that he's managed to get slightly more out of some our existing players...Wilson, Moussa, Baker, Clarke (when he was here) as opposed to those who came in.

So actually, forget my first point. Idiot :facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

Based on his performance at Sixfields I can only hope that he doesn't..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Smith

Based on his performance at Sixfields I can only hope that he doesn't..

Is it possible he was having an off day?

RoboCCFC90

Is it possible he was having an off day?

I suppose that's always possible, but to miss a header from five yards means one or two things, either a) It wasn't your day, b ) Your totally shit, from what I have seen I'd plumb for b.

James Smith

I suppose that's always possible, but to miss a header from five yards means one or two things, either a) It wasn't your day, b ) Your totally shit, from what I have seen I'd plumb for b.

Okay that's put a bit more flesh on the bones if you'll pardon the expression.

RoboCCFC90

Oh now come on Robo, you've bigged up every signing Pressley has made, don't tell me you're losing faith ;)

Not at all ;) In Mr Pressley's decision I will trust, I must admit I haven't seen a great deal from Tom Eaves so maybe I shouldn't judge so much but from what I have seen, he is shite.

RoboCCFC90

Okay that's put a bit more flesh on the bones if you'll pardon the expression.

I shouldn't see reason why I'd be offended by your expression. Your excused :)

wingy

NW/Astute, Fair points...in hindsight, I was probably aluding more to the fact that he's managed to get slightly more out of some our existing players...Wilson, Moussa, Baker, Clarke (when he was here) as opposed to those who came in.

So actually, forget my first point. Idiot :facepalm:

TBF apart from Wilson they did pretty OK under Robins as well

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, Pressley's done an excellent job as a whole, but his transfer dealings leave room for conern however low his budget, especially when it comes to forwards.

And that's not even including the Swansea blokewho buggered off after a day or two, or the Arsenal bloke...

wingy

Yeah, Pressley's done an excellent job as a whole, but his transfer dealings leave room for conern however low his budget, especially when it comes to forwards.

And that's not even including the Swansea blokewho buggered off after a day or two, or the Arsenal bloke...

Reading that old thread yesterday prior to his arrival that seemed to be the view from the Falkirk end .

thelookout

I personally think that pressley's recruitment of players has been to put it bluntly,shocking. He appears to be a bit of a headless chicken in_the transfer market.

C- from me, needs to improve for next season.

Hobo

Players Pressley has brought in, or tried to, seem more miss than hit.

The failure of loan players perhaps underlines his dislike of the system. The Swansea player and the Arsenal experience are perhaps good examples. Do they really want to be here, do they care about results enough?

He has financial restraints, but we are league one. So not unusual to be wheeling and dealing in the free transfer/ out of contract market. We are probably not that competitive with wages though.

The fact he has moved to bolster the scouting network says something.

NortonSkyBlue

I personally think that pressley's recruitment of players has been to put it bluntly,shocking. He appears to be a bit of a headless chicken in_the transfer market.

I would agree with that assessment of his managerial talents and for me has been lucky that the off field issues have deflected away from the results and worrying lack of nous in the transfer market. I think that in NORMAL times he would have come under far more scrutiny but he hasn't rocked the SISU boat and that has scored him points with them I am sure.

That said he hasn't rocked my world either...........He is not the messiah, he is a very mediocre manager IMO.

Hobo

I wonder what folk would think if Kris Boyd ended up here in the summer?

It doesn't matter who comes, it is wether they perform. I have seen many great names arrive only to disappoint. I have also been scratching my head with other fans saying "who?" Only to soon discover a new hero.

wingy

It seems to mirror the huge Influx under Thorne only to see most ejected ,maybe It's an approach from above him ,like a technical directors influence so to speak.

Sutty

The best part of Pressley's time has been that several players (Thomas, both Clarkes, Wilson, Fleck) improved considerably after a full pre-season with Pressley and his staff. We were under embargo for the whole of pre-season last year, so his signings all had to adapt 'on the job' somewhat.

That's not to mention the fact that most of his signings have been either low cost punts (Slager, Manset) or rushed loan signings to fill holes in the squad.

His signings have indeed been mostly underwhelming but there are mitigating factors in my opinion. Hopefully this time he'll be able to get a few players in to work with for a month or so before the season starts rather than pitching them straight in.

savosdad

Banned
I dont think pressley has any idea or inclination at spotting any talent looking at the rabble and cock ups hes made its fucking defenders we need wake up nob head

Terry Gibson's perm

What is Waggott's role in the signings does Pressley go to him and he does the deal or is Waggott going to Pressley saying I can get this player on low wages or free here you are.

Users who are viewing this thread