Pressley off this weekend to watch more crap signings (1 Viewer)

city old boy

Where will he be going do you think Premier League or Championship no chance it's got to be FA Cup or Non league.
More rubbish nobody wants:jerkit:

Grendel

Where will he be going do you think Premier League or Championship no chance it's got to be FA Cup or Non league.
More rubbish nobody wants:jerkit:

I've heard he's watching you.

torchomatic

I guess with the massive 7K support we get at "home" matches we can pick and choose just who we want.

city old boy

All i can say is there must be a lot of bad pitches in our league apart from Crewe and Colchester as there the only two we've won on all year and Crewe's must have got worst since March as we lost this season

pusbccfc

As long as they're scottish, he'll sign them.

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh I forgot it's not Pessley's fault it's the pitch

That excuse will soon be gone when they lay the new pitch, but no doubt then it will be that they have cut the grass in lines instead of circles or the grass is to green.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The pitch is no excuse, both teams play on it for gods sake. Hopefully he is looking at a pacy right sided midfielder/winger than can beat a man alla Ryan Haynes and whip a decent ball in. With a new pitch at least we can exploit the width instead of playing side to side all the time. But then again didn't we let Marshall go in the summer :facepalm:

rupert_bear

Pressley has his preferred way of playing and to quote him he has had to tinker that due to the pitch, well there will be a new pitch, hopefully in a decent state and now he can play his preferred system and tactics with his players who he has brought in for that system.

wingy

It will be from the leagues below ,he said as much himself recently ,had enough of big time charlies from above our current position.

Ashdown

At least players from the Leagues below may at least see us as a step up and work their bits off as opposed to some of the players from the Champ who evidently just seek another easy pay day. We need individuals who still respect CCFC and want to improve our standing.

torchomatic

Ah, but maybe they don't have the "but we're a Premiership team" attitude that some on here seem to have.

Which is more than a lot in this division performing a lot better than we are AND we are now "cash flow positive" !

italiahorse

At least players from the Leagues below may at least see us as a step up and work their bits off as opposed to some of the players from the Champ who evidently just seek another easy pay day. We need individuals who still respect CCFC and want to improve our standing.

To install that into players they need a contract.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm so bored of all this non stop shite coming out of the club.

Pressley has now had nealy two years to "bring in the right players to play the Coventry way", and all bar a few can kick a ball forwards. How many more times will he have to "bring in the right players" before failure Fisher and wishy washy Waggott realise the bloke hasn't a clue what he is doing, and its all been a waste of time.

The owners and the management and the manager are absolulety a team made in heavan, they believe every word they say to each other, and that's why we have a bleak and torrid future in front of us

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

No denying his recruitment has been nothing short of appalling. Always thought we would struggle this year - the loss of 55-60 league goals from losing players and no points deduction (less of a "Coventry against the world" mentality now) are too big to overcome really. Hence why I stuck 20 quid on us to go down just before we sold Wilson!

LB87ccfc

Collins at Shrewsbury go and watch him Pressley and make an offer, he's a coventry fan and would love scoring for us, we would at least have a tryer then.

ajsccfc

I think the story at the time was that he was keen but we were farting about whereas Swindon had a solid offer already in place so it was the sensible decision for him rather than wait for our circus.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the story at the time was that he was keen but we were farting about whereas Swindon had a solid offer already in place so it was the sensible decision for him rather than wait for our circus.

I'm pretty we had embargo in place at the time which is why we didn't get him, I seem to remember Thorn saying we were ready to go bang, bang, bang when the embargo was lifted. David Syers was supposedly another one we missed due to embargo, went to Doncaster instead.

ajsccfc

Ah yeah embargo sounds right, he sensibly went there rather than hold out for the big bang.

Users who are viewing this thread