Pressley lost the plot? (1 Viewer)

block16

Was largely with Pressley until today, but this team sheet proves he's lost any direction. Looks to me like he's reverted back to 352 (unless players are out of position) with a changed captaincy. He stripped Baker of the captaincy the moment Reda came in which seemed to lead to baker leaving. He seems to have fell out with Reda for not playing which has hardly been Reda's fault. Reda and nouble have been our best players so far and to fall out with them is poor man management. SP has been making some very odd decisions of late hope he's got it right today if not I think the writings in the wall.

Evo1883

Bit early , tbis thread normally starts around 4.45 pm , il come back then

lewys33

I think the captaincy change is a good one. How can somebody be a captain if they are not playing for 50% of your games?

Does raise other questions mind. Was Reda involved in the dressing room spat?

ccfcway

i think the manager desrves a bit of credit for todays win

the problem is, he himself has said it a promotion challenge this year. An away win at colchester should be a slight ripple of applause.

you are simply not going to get promoted with an average of 2 shots on target in 3 hours

percy

the problem is, he himself has said it a promotion challenge this year. An away win at colchester should be a slight ripple of applause.

you are simply not going to get promoted with an average of 2 shots on target in 3 hours

i appreciate what your saying but hes had a lot of due criticism lately. however, after our win today i think he deserves credit and hopefully we might have turned a corner with our first away win

ccfcway

lets hope so.

Lets hope this thread is reposted in May when we win the play off final.

Nothing would give me greater satisfaction !

Sadly, i dont think it will be

Gazolba

Nobody can complain about a 0-1 away win but its only one game and we still had only 2 shots on target. Long way to go yet. A lot depends on what happens if and when the loanees leave, and who, if anyone, we get in.

stupot07

Nobody can complain about a 0-1 away win but its only one game and we still had only 2 shots on target. Long way to go yet. A lot depends on what happens if and when the loanees leave, and who, if anyone, we get in.

Agreed. Linnell was trying to stir it up as something more than 1 game and the start of something big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Agreed. Linnell was trying to stir it up as something more than 1 game and the start of something big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It's big for us upwards and onwards no looking back now PUSB

percy

how is that possible with 2 shots on target ?

quite possible chances arent just measured with shots on target. you must have been to tons of games where players have pulled a shot or blazed over when they should have scored. i think this is what he means

letsallsingtogether

quite possible chances arent just measured with shots on target. you must have been to tons of games where players have pulled a shot or blazed over when they should have scored. i think this is what he means

I think that's how all games should be measured we'd be top now.:)

SkyBlue_Bear83

i think the manager desrves a bit of credit for todays win

Agreed he changed things, took risks with Reda playing at LB, Haynes in midfield and giving O'Brien the captaincy and tbf it seemed to work. So I agree give him credit today as no doubt I would have been the first one slamming him for those changes had we lost.

It's gonna take more than one result though for Pressley to turn it around, after the Peterborough match people thought he had it turned around and singing his praises and that quickly turned out to be false with the defeat in the cup.

skybluefred

What on earth does Pressley think he's doing, taking a team all the way to Colchester and having
the audacity to win the game without conceding a goal.
He'll have to go now there is just no excuse any more.:sarcasm:

RoboCCFC90

how is that possible with 2 shots on target ?

I wouldn't say that the stats were an accurate description of the game..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep reading about us only having 2 shots on target... Was I at a different game?
We had two shots on target for the goal (Swanson shot parried by the goalkeeper to Madine who scored). Haynes had a shot tipped round the post and we had another 2 shots blocked that were going in. That's 5 I can remember but there may have been more..

ccfcway

Keep reading about us only having 2 shots on target... Was I at a different game?
We had two shots on target for the goal (Swanson shot parried by the goalkeeper to Madine who scored). Haynes had a shot tipped round the post and we had another 2 shots blocked that were going in. That's 5 I can remember but there may have been more..

yer, it was 2

Users who are viewing this thread