Pressley Back in the Game (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Ha, didn't Thorn go there after us too?

I thought he was going to be a Premier League manager?

matesx

harsh lads harsh

he steered us through some of our darkest days

matesx

He kept us up from -10 whilst in the wilderness in Northampton

for that he deserves credit

after that....

covcity4life

alwsys talked a good game. i backed him

but now i realise what its like to have a manager who talks a good game AND backs it up!

TONY MOWBRAYS SKY BLUE ARMY

higgs

High press low press changed dna from top to bottom no scouting network he talked the talk alright

King of the Lesbians

He kept us up from -10 whilst in the wilderness in Northampton

for that he deserves credit

I always wonder how much of this was down to Pressley and how much may have been down to us actually playing in Northampton.
Anybody care to remind me of any tactical changes he made to change a game?
CBA to trawl through the match threads...

Kingokings204

2 sides to every coin.

1 side he played with the then players some great football and kept us up -10 points.

The other side of the same coin, he lost the plot and tactically outplayed in every match and oversaw some dark days, I remember Worcester and reda yellow pee.

I think he had ccfc interests at heart but just wasn't simply good enough.

Hobo

2 sides to every coin.

1 side he played with the then players some great football and kept us up -10 points.

The other side of the same coin, he lost the plot and tactically outplayed in every match and oversaw some dark days, I remember Worcester and reda yellow pee.

I think he had ccfc interests at heart but just wasn't simply good enough.

Yes I think that is fair, he genuinely gave it his best shot, started well and then when things started going against him (like inheriting no scouting system) his lack of experience and lack of man management skills showed through and he lost his way.

NorthernWisdom

Yes I think that is fair, he genuinely gave it his best shot, started well and then when things started going against him (like inheriting no scouting system) his lack of experience and lack of man management skills showed through and he lost his way.

Worth noting he's still young enough to learn from that too.

I wish him well.His first full season was cracking first half despite all the carnage. Easy to forget he was feted then even more than Mowbray is now.

Hobo

Worth noting he's still young enough to learn from that too.

I wish him well.His first full season was cracking first half despite all the carnage. Easy to forget he was feted then even more than Mowbray is now.

Yes I think he has the intelligence to learn and determination to bounce back. You don't gain experience by having it easy.

christonabike

Arse biscuits..did well under the cosh at Northampton, some say he should of told Fisher to fook off and refused, did a sterling job but games with one or two shots on target or even shots showed what a bad manager he became. If it wasnt for TM last season with a pile of shit players we would off dropped off the radar. Wish him well but make sure the door doesnt hit you on the way out.

simonregis

I bthink SP can hold his head up high. He never left us or betrayed us like a few others I can think of. It was our club that let him down. Top man.

BackRoomRummermill

At our darkest hour he helped us, I have nothing against him. He learnt more here than he ever lost leaving the club.

people should grow up and let him move on in peace.

Mcbean

Those of you who missed those games at Northampton for a period he could do no wrong - with Callum and Clarke scoring goals for fun - Connor Thomas even looked like a midfielder and Christie was a predator on the right wing - good luck to him - he ran out of Sky Blue luck - we needed those 10 points

lifeskyblue

He gave his all. Kept us up against the odds. In the end a little out of his depth. But good luck to him. I think he will do well in future. And he was a decent and honest guy...lot in football could learn that lesson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblue025

Nowhere near as bad a some people go on about. Despite starting on -10 we had a chance of making the play offs until our marvellous board sold Clarke. Wilson then dislocates a shoulder and we are another bang average team. Wilson then gets sold the next season and its a struggle. Happens time and again, you sell your goalscorers and teams turns to shit. Happend to Rogers at Lverpool, sold Sanchez went from 2nd to nowhere. Happened to Strachan at City, sold McAllister and Keane we get relegated. Spurs sell Bale they go from Champions League places to UEFA. We keep going on about having a 20 goal a season striker yet we had 2 under Pressley and both were sold. They don't go on trees and every team wants them. Elvis is another average manager. He got lucky he had 2 quality strikers when he arrived and he made the best of them. Once they went the budget was cut again and he wasn't given the money to reinvest in the team and he was limited. Mowbray looks above average at the minute and long may it continue.

SkyBlue_Bear83

At the end of the day he was clueless, the Northampton team he inherited. The only players he added were Webster, Manset and Urqhart.
Credit goes to him for getting the best attacking quartet in the division to score goals, still couldn't get them to defend and he replaces them with some of the worse players in Coventry history.

He terminated contracts of Baker and Adams who were stand out performers in that period till January time in favour of players like Pugh.

His transfer dealings were possibly the worse of any manager I've seen and his bizarre decision to go with wingbacks after losing Christie and bombing out Adams was insane at best.

His man mangement was disgraceful and there are too many examples of this to even start with.

The negatives far outweighed the positives.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Boss, I just pissed in that cup like you asked me to. That brown stuff you just drank wasn't coffee.

And then Pressley face was like this

f1512c1e7f6857ce591487b98e6f84b9.png

Evo1883

Should have been sacked 5 months prior in the october or november.
i can't thank him for keeping up a side that was good enough to reach the playoffs anyway despite the 10 points deduction .
last season at the ricoh was my worst as a coventry supporter with some of the worst most boring football i have witnessed in my lifetime , i even contemplated simply not turning up as it was awful .
not only that but he refused to acknowledge that it was going tits up and kept up a ridiculous front whilst backing his players to the hilt , players that clearly had lost interest in him and his methods .
awful manager

Adge

"Meke no misteke-players will be banished from this fitbah clup" when in reality it should have been Pressley who was shown the door after the Worcestor debacle. To be fair, done his best and had the club at heart but was out of his depth in the end and couldn't turn it round.

Users who are viewing this thread