Premier league, FA and EFL statement (1 Viewer)

rob9872

New statement seems to miss the point for me. What’s hard with suspending things for a few weeks. The competition is being seriously flawed

Gary Neville said with a few weeks off, the players would need to keep training stay fit and have a warm up match. Suggested 3 weeks off would not give the players more than a day or two and still likely have issues later on resulting in even more fixture pile up later in the season.

SBAndy

Think you’ve just got to keep it running as best as possible. May sound a bit mad, but there’s too much risk of fixture buildup, especially given there’s the Euros in the summer as it stands.

CJ_covblaze

Think you’ve just got to keep it running as best as possible. May sound a bit mad, but there’s too much risk of fixture buildup, especially given there’s the Euros in the summer as it stands.

Another one off. QPR v Wycombe. With regards to the Euros after yesterday’s announcement I’m expecting some big changes to the locations. Doubt it’ll effect the dates but you never know.

Magwitch

Another one off. QPR v Wycombe. With regards to the Euros after yesterday’s announcement I’m expecting some big changes to the locations. Doubt it’ll effect the dates but you never know.
That has happened Tottenham’s match v Fulham was rearranged at very short notice after their scheduled game at Villa was cancelled due to COVID.

AOM

The format of this years Euros being played across different European capitals sounds like a recipe for disaster

chiefdave

That has happened Tottenham’s match v Fulham was rearranged at very short notice after their scheduled game at Villa was cancelled due to COVID.
With no fans travelling should be able to schedule games in at pretty short notice if needed.

Terry Gibson's perm

The format of this years Euros being played across different European capitals sounds like a recipe for disaster

The euros spread about was a stupid idea at the time and now looks ludicrous, if they don’t see sense and put it into one place then it shouldn’t be allowed to happen. It could easily be stopped by governments if they want to.

CJ_covblaze

The euros spread about was a stupid idea at the time and now looks ludicrous, if they don’t see sense and put it into one place then it shouldn’t be allowed to happen. It could easily be stopped by governments if they want to.

It was a stupid idea in the first place but even more so for the rearranged tournament this year when we're in the middle of a global pandemic. Yesterday's update to UEFA's T&Cs not only effectively puts us over a barrel when it comes to our rights as ticket holders but also certainly points to it not taking place in some of the 12 cities and possibly in one or two countries.

skyblue1991

I'm not convinced the rearranged Euro 2020 and Olympics 2020 will go ahead this year either...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm not convinced the rearranged Euro 2020 and Olympics 2020 will go ahead this year either...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I was listening to something on the Olympics and it’s easier to leave it on and cancel later than try to restart it. Japan will not even be approving the vaccine for a while yet as they are still testing it. I imagine when Japan start doing the vaccine it will be done quickly though.

SBT

Huh, I thought the spread-out Euro 2020 was a cracking idea. Must’ve just been me.

CJ_covblaze

Huh, I thought the spread-out Euro 2020 was a cracking idea. Must’ve just been me.

Take our group for example. The group stage takes place in England and Scotland. The 2 or 3 teams that qualify for the R16 will then play in Spain, Hungary, Denmark, Scotland or Ireland. If/when they win that game the next game is in either Azerbaijan, Russia, Germany or Italy. It’s bad enough for the teams but for the fans it’s worse. I enjoy travelling as much as the next man but trying to plan that is a nightmare. I’m hoping what I’m expecting to happen will, the format is scrapped and it’ll be moved to one or maybe two neighbouring countries. I’d even take the whole lot being here, Wales and Scotland and I never thought I’d say that.

Users who are viewing this thread