clemy07

10 July 2010 VF Gaflenz 0–2 Coventry City Austria
14 July 2010 Nuneaton Town 0–0 Coventry City
17 July 2010 Hinckley United 0–0 Coventry City
21 July 2010 Northampton Town 0–1 Coventry City
24 July 2010 Walsall 0–2 Coventry City
27 July 2010 Shrewsbury Town 0–0 Coventry City
31 July 2010 Coventry City 1–1 West Bromwich Albion

An unbeaten pre season and yet we finished 18Th in the league. When will people stop reading into pre season results? Man City have lost to Oldham, Al Hilal and drew with Kendal Town. I reckon they will be challenging for the Premier League title again though!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
but it isnt the results that many are bothered about .............. it is the level of performance, something that after Saturday AT was concerned about too, and something he will be even more concerned about tonight....... 18 days and 3 games left to get it right, as yet we have a squad but no team, players but no acceptable level of group performance...... friendlies are supposed to be a progression, after 5 of them/ a months training/ practice matches there should be some improvement from where they started. Not much positive evidence of progression so far

Jimmy's Chin

10 July 2010 VF Gaflenz 0–2 Coventry City Austria
14 July 2010 Nuneaton Town 0–0 Coventry City
17 July 2010 Hinckley United 0–0 Coventry City
21 July 2010 Northampton Town 0–1 Coventry City
24 July 2010 Walsall 0–2 Coventry City
27 July 2010 Shrewsbury Town 0–0 Coventry City
31 July 2010 Coventry City 1–1 West Bromwich Albion

An unbeaten pre season and yet we finished 18Th in the league. When will people stop reading into pre season results? Man City have lost to Oldham, Al Hilal and drew with Kendal Town. I reckon they will be challenging for the Premier League title again though!!

I was just about to use the same facts. Last year we only lost one pre-season game and that gave us a great indication of a successful season approaching didn't it!

pusbccfc

We have signed so many new players compared to previous seasons.
We have 2 french lads who are in a new country.
Looking at the line up its quite different to last years!

Give it a few weeks and we should hit form.
If not drop the new and keep the team we had.
Imo a team with the likes of Clarke, Thomas, Murphy,Cody Baker,Sheff are good enough for a top 10 finish!
If flecks got a bad attitude then he should be dropped asap and told how it is!

clemy07

but it isnt the results that many are bothered about .............. it is the level of performance, something that after Saturday AT was concerned about too, and something he will be even more concerned about tonight....... 18 days and 3 games left to get it right, as yet we have a squad but no team, players but no acceptable level of group performance...... friendlies are supposed to be a progression, after 5 of them/ a months training/ practice matches there should be some improvement from where they started. Not much positive evidence of progression so far
I agree with what you say but also, how many times have our best 11 started a game? It's a new team and will take a couple of games to gel. I think that our next couple of friendly games will see a similar if not same starting 11 and things will start to improve. My main issue is negative, fickle as always Coventry fans. Let's at least see how we start the season and see where we are come the festive season. PUSB!!!

Ashdown

I'm concerned now, you can keep writing them off as friendlies but this was I suspect Thorns preferred 11...........it seems they were shocking and our so called reserves capitulated to Nuneaton FFS, when oh when will we start addressing the problem of scoring goals because it is obvious that we are yet again pathetic in that department...........Cody, R'OD, Ball, Elliot, Jeffers etc etc..........what a bag of bollux, that lot is !!

sky blue john

Last close season we had even though small a settled squad. Yes we lost Westwood and King.
This season has been a rebuild with lesser quality players brought in.
It takes more than a few friendlies to get a new team to gel together.

skybluegod

I'm concerned now, you can keep writing them off as friendlies but this was I suspect Thorns preferred 11...........it seems they were shocking and our so called reserves capitulated to Nuneaton FFS, when oh when will we start addressing the problem of scoring goals because it is obvious that we are yet again pathetic in that department...........Cody, R'OD, Ball, Elliot, Jeffers etc etc..........what a bag of bollux, that lot is !!

just in case you hadn't noticed we're in league 1 as thorn said it is hard to find strikers, name good strikers in this league very few beavon? i cant think of many i would put cody up there.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not sure we actually know what the best 11 is right now..... yes it will take time to gel properly but it all seems pretty muddled right now

plus they dont just turn up and play...... they should be spending hours practising elements of the, developing and building standards..... clearly something is not right at the moment. Hope you are right that they turn the corner quickly but for everyones sake they need to get off to a good start in the league ..... there is a lot depending on it

sky blue john

Addressing the problem of goals cost money which Sisu don't have !!

Sky Blues

Doesn't help if, as reported, Cody is played on the wing though does it?

Grendel

sky blue john

not sure we actually know what the best 11 is right now..... yes it will take time to gel properly but it all seems pretty muddled right now

plus they dont just turn up and play...... they should be spending hours practising elements of the, developing and building standards..... clearly something is not right at the moment. Hope you are right that they turn the corner quickly but for everyones sake they need to get off to a good start in the league ..... there is a lot depending on it

If our in house training matches are saturdays team against tonights, this is telling me our whole squad is below the required level to currently survive in league one, never mind the deluded on here thinking top 6 or automatic !!!

clemy07

If our in house training matches are saturdays team against tonights, this is telling me our whole squad is below the required level to currently survive in league one, never mind the deluded on here thinking top 6 or automatic !!!
So in your non deluded mind, where do you see us finishing? And which teams will finish top 6? Just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread