Pre season 21/22 (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

XI away at Nuneaton.

A Coventry City XI will face Nuneaton Borough FC for a pre-season friendly in August.

The Sky Blues side will travel to Borough's Liberty Way stadium on Tuesday 3rd August.

Kick-off will be 7:45pm.

Cheltenham away

Cheltenham are also set to face Coventry City at home ahead of the new League One campaign, which kicks off on Saturday, August 7.

shmmeee

What do people think about a CBS Arena friendly? I kinda feel we should be away all pre season and have the first match back be the season opener.

chiefdave

Think its already been said it can't happen this season due to work on the pitch but that we will be able to play friendless there in future seasons.

Although unless we are playing someone massive what's the point? Better off playing somewhere like Nuneaton and it being full.

SBAndy

Think its already been said it can't happen this season due to work on the pitch but that we will be able to play friendless there in future seasons.

Although unless we are playing someone massive what's the point? Better off playing somewhere like Nuneaton and it being full.

The only reason I could think of is if there was a big pre-season match. I quite liked the setup at Rugby Town for the Liverpool u23s friendly a couple years back.

Edit: although the queues for a pint were ridiculous.

Greggs

What do people think about a CBS Arena friendly? I kinda feel we should be away all pre season and have the first match back be the season opener.
good question mate! Would perhaps be a good idea for a few test runs before the big day, let people get it out of their system so we're not all like lunatics come the first day of the season.

Frostie

The only reason I could think of is if there was a big pre-season match. I quite liked the setup at Rugby Town for the Liverpool u23s friendly a couple years back.

Edit: although the queues for a pint were ridiculous.

Sadly that's always the case when they have any kind of reasonable crowd, must miss out on potentially thousands of £s. Such an easily solved problem too. The owners have put an awful lot of money into the club but do make some odd decisions at times.

SlowerThanPlatt

Mansfield away:

Coventry City will travel to Mansfield Town for a pre-season friendly in July.

Mark Robins' side will travel to the One Call Stadium on Tuesday 27th July, with a 7pm kick-off for the friendly fixture against the League Two side.

Currently:

27th July - Mansfield
3rd August - Nuneaton (XI)
TBC - Cheltenham

Marty

I know all restrictions should be lifted by this point but are they likely to put any extra measures in place like making it all ticketed or home fans only?

SlowerThanPlatt

The Cheltenham game has now been confirmed as well as Leamington, which is a first team game. An XI will travel to Bedworth on 27th July.

10th July - Leamington
24th July - Cheltenham
27th July - Mansfield

matesx

Wonder what the situation will be with fans for the leamington game, great day out there couple of years ago

Only holds 2500 (i think)

Strange location in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Tickets be gold dust.

Users who are viewing this thread