Potential good news re Armstrong? (1 Viewer)

Robccfc87

Newcastle have recalled striker Toney from Barnsley to cover over xmas period ( plus I think Cisse is injured), could this mean they are happy for us to keep AA for season as surely they wouldn't be wanting too many young lads just sat on their bench for rest of the season? Or am I being optimistic?!

skybluesam66

there is a 24 hour recall on armstrong
that said mclaren is looking at him ideally for next season (but not ruling out bringing him back if needs must)

mechaishida

Just thinking ahead, the broader picture, I hope he regains his form otherwise the whole hoo-ha with AA will be a damp squib.

Too much expected of him, I fear, maybe that's what's affected his form recently. He'll come good again, I just wouldn't want the lad to feel the weight of expectation. He's 18, and confidence is crucial to his game.

Otis

Just thinking ahead, the broader picture, I hope he regains his form otherwise the whole hoo-ha with AA will be a damp squib.

Too much expected of him, I fear, maybe that's what's affected his form recently. He'll come good again, I just wouldn't want the lad to feel the weight of expectation. He's 18, and confidence is crucial to his game.

I don't expect anything from him at all, apart from 25 goals plus to his name this season for us.

mechaishida

I don't expect anything from him at all, apart from 25 goals plus to his name this season for us.

Very droll, sir. :D

You get my point though; he just seems a tad flat at the minute, still, one or two goals in the next 3 games should give him a lift.

rupert_bear

I hope Armstrong stays I really do but I think we are beginning to struggle a bit up front, not enough shots at goal and have become imo a bit predictable, playing the out and out lone striker is bloody tough and AA is in his first full season I wouldn't be surprised if TM brought another perhaps more experienced striker in

D

Deleted member 4439

Newcastle United boss Steve McClaren has given his strongest indication yet that Adam Armstrong will be allowed to stay at Coventry City for the remainder of the season.

The 18-year-old has been in terrific form during his spell at the Ricoh Arena, netting 13 goals in 19 appearances – taking him right to the very top of the League One scoring charts.

Despite the groin injury which Papiss Cisse picked up against Aston Villa last week placing the Senegal striker’s involvement during the hectic festive schedule into severe doubt, Armstrong is not yet likely to be recalled, claims McClaren.

Though the Magpies head coach says he won’t rule anything out, he would prefer to integrate Armstrong into the first team from the start of next season instead.

Ivan Toney has been recalled from his loan spell at Barnsley in the wake of Cisse’s injury, but Armstrong looks like staying put at the Sky Blues for now.

Asked about Armstrong, McClaren: “Once we find out about Papiss then we’ll be able to go from there.

“At the present moment, Adam is staying in Coventry and is doing very well. We believe he is developing.

“We are probably talking about Adam for next season, but don’t rule anything out.

“We’re assessing Papiss at the moment. He’s had one scan, but he needs a second opinion on another.

“The severity, and how long he’ll be out for, we still don’t know.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...wcastle-united-recall-adam-armstrong-10642974

Users who are viewing this thread