Postponements & Loan Players (1 Viewer)

edgy

When do our loan players go back to there parent clubs?

Let's say the season is postponed. We're still playing games into June potentially without Walsh, O'Hare, McCallum & Giles. Could we cope losing those four?

fanzz

they will 100% want to play till the season ends, what a fantastic time to be on loan at Coventry City football club they wont want to miss the remaining games lets hope the situation gets sorted out

edgy

They may want to play. But parent clubs may well become very protective of their assets.

Grendel

They may want to play. But parent clubs may well become very protective of their assets.

I don’t see what difference a few weeks make - I assume they’d be available for play off finals wouldn’t they? The season is unlikely to stretch much beyond that anyway

Nick

Administrator

Exactly! What happens if some of their first teamers have coronavirus and they want their players back?

I can see this fucking us over.

edgy

I don’t see what difference a few weeks make - I assume they’d be available for play off finals wouldn’t they? The season is unlikely to stretch much beyond that anyway

That depends on whether you think a few weeks suspension will achieve anything. This virus wont disappear in a month. It's still be here in April. Then what postpone again? and again?

As posted in the other thread, realistically the only way this season get completed is if it's played behind closed doors or the season gets extended well into the summer and beyond.

larry_david

Exactly! What happens if some of their first teamers have coronavirus and they want their players back?

So they self isolate for 1-2 weeks and then continue. What happens if all 4 of Bristol city's midfielders get injured in a massive training ground tackle, are they recalling Walsh? No.

And if their players got it then they would have to sell isolate so why bring Walsh in to that? The panicking on here is ridiculous

edgy

So they self isolate for 1-2 weeks and then continue. What happens if all 4 of Bristol city's midfielders get injured in a massive training ground tackle, are they recalling Walsh? No.

And if their players got it then they would have to sell isolate so why bring Walsh in to that? The panicking on here is ridiculous

The panic is rife because as each hour passes, it's looking more and more likely that we arn't getting promoted this season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Depending on how long it goes on, perhaps next season could be null and void and the time used to complete this one? Teams are always complaining about too many games.

Other option is to postpone the Euros for a year so the top tier clubs to finish this season and start next season with a rest on time. For us (where internationals won't matter) I'd suggest a year without the cup cometitions (or at leaast the likes of Checkatrade and League Cup) to give us more matchdays next year so we can start next season late and catch up over the year.

ccfcway

Allen can replace o’hare
Mason can replace mcallum
Don’t need to replace Giles,
Shipley can replace walsh.

still leaves Westbrooke, Jones and pask can play CM.

more than good enough players to get us through the last few games if it happens

wingy

Think the only way this becomes an issue is if the response between the different leagues becomes fractured.

Magwitch

The season has been suspended and when it re-starts it will be as it was when the suspension began, they are hoping to start again June/July I wouldn’t bank on that but let’s see.

Users who are viewing this thread