Possible play off semi final dates May 2018 (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

The dates have been announced for the finals: But not for the play off Semi finals.

As Coventry fans we have watched numerous but probably havnt taken notice of the possible dates.
Going by previous seasons the set up is likely to be as follows. and in all likelihood be the following dates.

Final day of season : Saturday 5th May 1500hrs.

Probable dates for the 6 play off games will likely be:

1st leg - Friday 11th 7.30pm (Game a)
1st leg - Saturday 12th 12.30pm (Game b)
1st leg - Saturday 12th 5.30pm (Game c)
1st leg - Saturday 12th 7.30pm (game d)
1st leg - Sunday 13th 12.30pm (game e)
1st Leg- Sunday 13th 17.30 pm (game f)

2nd leg - Monday 14th 7.30pm (Game a)
2nd leg - Tuesday 15th 7.30pm (Game b)
2nd leg - Wednesday 16th 7.30pm (game c)
2nd leg - Wednesday 17th 7.30pm (game d)
2nd leg - Thursday 18th 7.30pm (game e)
2nd leg- Friday 19th 7.30pm (game f)

Championship play off final Saturday 26th May
League one Final - Sunday 27th May
League two Final - Monday 28th May

Please don't quote me on these dates or use these as reference purely hypothetical. I'm just making sure I have no work or events booked for those 8/9 days!!! Just in case we don't make automatics.

Hope its usefull none the less even if it gives you an idea.

pusbccfc

Best scenario would be F away at Notts County.

5000 at Notts County on a Sunday followed by a second leg sell out at the Ricoh on a Friday night.

Londonccfcfan

Problem is I think it's gonna be league two this year on Friday night and Monday night.

As Championship last game of season is on a Sunday.

no_loyalty

don't need to know dates as City will finish in 3rd spot. job done. wait n see.

I really hope so, the wife has spent most of my playoff fund on a holiday to Egypt

Grendel

I’m away that week and the weekend if the final and the last game Of the season so this is looking great

SkyBlueSoul

The dates have been announced for the finals: But not for the play off Semi finals.

2nd leg - Monday 14th 7.30pm (Game a)
2nd leg - Tuesday 15th 7.30pm (Game b)
2nd leg - Wednesday 16th 7.30pm (game c)
2nd leg - Wednesday 17th 7.30pm (game d)

2nd leg - Thursday 18th 7.30pm (game e)
2nd leg- Friday 19th 7.30pm (game f)

Championship play off final Saturday 26th May
League one Final - Sunday 27th May
League two Final - Monday 28th May
I know you said don't quote you on those dates but at I'm pretty sure both those Wednesdays will be the 16th ;) making it Thursday 17th, Friday 18th

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I fly back in from Portugal the day of the playoff final, landing 12.55pm at Luton. That could be one hell of dash to Wembley...

What airline is it? They usually allocate about 20 minutes longer than needed so it's possible you'll land slightly earlier than that. Don't bother taking hold luggage and then leg it straight out the airport. You'll make it if needs be!

Bumberclart

Id rather go up in the playoffs than finish 2nd or 3rd.
I went to a playoff final years ago with Huddersfield, and the release of emotion at the final whistle was incredible. Wembley last year was good, but a playoff is on a different scale.

Londonccfcfan

Financially no doubt the best way to go up.

Heard the team that loses championship play pff final gets to keep all gate reciepts from final.

Does this happen also in league 1 and 2 finals to soften the blow of non promotion.

Londonccfcfan

Revealed: Big Changes To National League Format - Pitchero Non-League

Really interesting set up in national
Lague play offs this year. Makes sense to me.

Should adopt this in our league.

Team finishing 4th and 5th play at home vs teams finishing 6th and 7th. Over 1 leg.

So that a scenario like last year where a team in 4th gets compensated or rewarded for finishing 15 points better off than team team in 7th.

Why should team in 7th have equal chance as team finishing 4th. Makes sense.

Ian1779

Revealed: Big Changes To National League Format - Pitchero Non-League

Really interesting set up in national
Lague play offs this year. Makes sense to me.

Should adopt this in our league.

Team finishing 4th and 5th play at home vs teams finishing 6th and 7th. Over 1 leg.

So that a scenario like last year where a team in 4th gets compensated or rewarded for finishing 15 points better off than team team in 7th.

Why should team in 7th have equal chance as team finishing 4th. Makes sense.

I like that 4th plays 7th - that's the right way to set up the games.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

What airline is it? They usually allocate about 20 minutes longer than needed so it's possible you'll land slightly earlier than that. Don't bother taking hold luggage and then leg it straight out the airport. You'll make it if needs be!

Sleazyjet. Yep not bothering with hold luggage, will just have to leg it through passport control and pray public transport holds up!

Users who are viewing this thread