POOR MANAGEMENT (1 Viewer)

wince

Lets be clear ,not saying sack the manager or taxi ect but Saturday when we got back too 2-2 the subs were wrong , we don't see what goes on in training but we lost all momentum when the subs were made , that said , that should have changed the thinking for team selection for tonight and a stronger team should have been picked to keep us in this cup ., This cup should have ben used for fitness, blooding players ect ., Just think having listened to Robins interview he has try to spin a yarn that it was great for the club tonight , when I don't think anyone can use the concentrating on the league as a positive when you are trying to keep 20 plus players happy , Many good things from Robins however think he has got the two cup games wrong

Johhny Blue

Lets be clear ,not saying sack the manager or taxi ect but Saturday when we got back too 2-2 the subs were wrong , we don't see what goes on in training but we lost all momentum when the subs were made , that said , that should have changed the thinking for team selection for tonight and a stronger team should have been picked to keep us in this cup ., This cup should have ben used for fitness, blooding players ect ., Just think having listened to Robins interview he has try to spin a yarn that it was great for the club tonight , when I don't think anyone can use the concentrating on the league as a positive when you are trying to keep 20 plus players happy , Many good things from Robins however think he has got the two cup games wrong
Pick a stronger team or blood players. Pick one or the other FFS

Mucca Mad Boys

What subs would you have made for the Walsall game? We bought on Chaplin, Bayliss and Jones — Brown, Grimmer and Bakayoko were unused. The subs didn’t work, but cut the manager for making positive substitutions. Context is everything too, we would’ve played totally differently had we brought it level in a league game.

As for tonight, we didn’t play a single first teamer who wasn’t coming back from an injury. The rest were all U23 players. Get a grip pal, no one cares about the Checkatrade unless you get to the final.

Two low stakes games which in the bigger picture, don’t matter. An FA Cup run would’ve been nice but given that we would’ve drawn Sunderland, it’s another needlessly tough cup tie.

Save ridiculous threads like this for when we lose a few league games consecutively. You sound like a right wally making a thread titled ‘POOR MANAGEMENT’ when we’re 7th in the league...

oucho

5 wins in a row and a real feel good feeling at the club on the back of our first promotion in 40 years, yet one league defeat and one in the Checkatrade brings the moaners out. Did you expect us to never lose again?

CanadianCCFC

5 wins in a row and a real feel good feeling at the club on the back of our first promotion in 40 years, yet one FA Cup defeat and one in the Checkatrade brings the moaners out. Did you expect us to never lose again?
Fixed it for u

clint van damme

He's a first division manager not Carlos Ancellotti, he's going to make mistakes.
The subs may have been wrong Saturday but Robins subs have been very good in general this season and have been involved in us winning games late.
As for last nights team selection, it's the old conundrum, if he picks say Willis and he gets a bad injury everyone's up in arms saying why did he pick him!
Disappointed to have gone out of both cups but as long as the league momentum continues I'll be happy.

steve82

Bollocks to subs didn’t work.... the players introduced didn’t work against Walsall!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Covstu

We were setup wrong at Walsall and deserved what we got but equally we were missing a key defender and probably expecting them to be a little more physical that they were.

Don't think he was bothered about last night hence not playing a strong team, what's disappointing is that not many players last night showed that they could break through into the first team apart from a few flashes of skill. Jones needs more work, Shipley wasn't at the races again and OB looked dodgy between the sticks again.. we have a fairly large squad but apart from the starting 11 (maybe 13 players) he doesn't have much to play with.

BackRoomRummermill

Going out of the cups may be a BIG blessing in disguise , unless your a band wagon Charlie who only ever does cup run later stages like Wembley . In my eyes we are 6 unbeaten and at the right end of the table , good management in my eyes

fellatio_Martinez

giphy.gif

Mucca Mad Boys

Bollocks to subs didn’t work.... the players introduced didn’t work against Walsall!

Everyone would’ve made at least 2 of the 3 subs Robins made that game. Some would’ve brought on Bakayoko...

... I’ll leave it the professionals who actually know what they’re doing.

Greggs

5 wins in a row and a real feel good feeling at the club on the back of our first promotion in 40 years, yet one league defeat and one in the Checkatrade brings the moaners out. Did you expect us to never lose again?
I totally agree with you. But, it's nice to finally have a winning mentality at the club, we've been losers for far too long!

steve82

Everyone would’ve made at least 2 of the 3 subs Robins made that game. Some would’ve brought on Bakayoko...

... I’ll leave it the professionals who actually know what they’re doing.

The issue was with what came on unfortunately, not who didn’t or went off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

The issue was with what came on unfortunately, not who didn’t or went off.

In fairness to Robins, you can’t argue against the reasoning of his substitutions in this game. We were clearly trying to get the winner and Bayliss in particular struggled to get up to speed on the ball and was caught out a few times — that’s on him.

It’s probably safe to assume that we would’ve managed the Walsall game differently had it been a league game. To come back from 2-0 down in alwague game you’d at least be a bit more conservative in going for the win. Since it was a Cup game, we were probably a bit too aggressive in our subs which perhaps disrupted us.

wince

Is the clock ticking again ffs
Lets be clear ,not saying sack the manager or taxi ect but Saturday when we got back too 2-2 the subs were wrong , When we got back to 2=2 Saturday we were all over Walsall, in my opinion there was no need to make any subs at that time and both oggo and Thomas were doing fine , had we been 2 -0 down at that stage of the game then jones and bayliss were absolutely the right choice, but we were in the ascendency so it was in my opinion a mistake, having gone out of that cup I also think it was a mistake to sacrifice the second one, No knee jerk from me just a football opinion, we have lost revenue and valuable competitive game time , just a football comment don't really think there is a right or wrong answer as its all just opinions

usskyblue

Lets be clear ,not saying sack the manager or taxi ect but Saturday when we got back too 2-2 the subs were wrong , When we got back to 2=2 Saturday we were all over Walsall, in my opinion there was no need to make any subs at that time and both oggo and Thomas were doing fine , had we been 2 -0 down at that stage of the game then jones and bayliss were absolutely the right choice, but we were in the ascendency so it was in my opinion a mistake, having gone out of that cup I also think it was a mistake to sacrifice the second one, No knee jerk from me just a football opinion, we have lost revenue and valuable competitive game time , just a football comment don't really think there is a right or wrong answer as its all just opinions

We gotcha m8...

giphy.gif

Sick Boy

Looking forward to Saturday and probably my last away game until towards the end of the season if not next, we have to win, surely?!

Warwickhunt

Rather us lose on the Tin Pot trophy to get rid of the Manager of the Month Hoodoo!

skybluesam66

Poor Management or a Genius
Look at his record in 2 spells here

Behind JH and George and John - The next most successful manager in our history across 2 spells
If he gets us to the Championship - Given the era and the issues he has had both time, I would argue up there with the others

Poor Manager or just a very naughty boy?

Users who are viewing this thread