Pompey v Bristol (1 Viewer)

Otis

This Saturday. Absolutely massive.

Pompey have to win. Bristol win that and Pompey will be 11 points behind them. Forest are 9 points clear.

Was thinking a Pompey win would be great as we need to catch Bristol. Now not so sure, and am thinking a draw would be best for us.

The one thing that would be good about Bristol winning (if we can also win of course), would be that, that would surely be it for Pompey. They would be cast iron certs for the drop and would just be about too far behind.

Think if they lost on Saturday that we would see a demoralised Portsmouth turn up the following week at the Ricoh.

It's a tough call, but I think a draw could be the best outcome .....especially if we can somehow beat Watford.

A win for Pompey might just turn their season.

:thinking about::thinking about:

What does everyone else think?

tippex9

Draw 1st, Pompey win 2nd, power failure 3rd....

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm pretty sure the best result for us would be a Pompey win-keeping Bristol firmly entrenched in the mire is what we need. Brizzle extending the points gap is worse than Portsmouth getting a few points nearer to it-you'd think Bristol are seeing it as their big chance to pull away from the bottom 3. The mentality you get from Portsmouth is very much one of a side that's playing without pressure; they nearly went out of existence a matter of weeks ago anyway.
Of course, this is all academic if we lose at Vicarage Road.

Otis

I'm pretty sure the best result for us would be a Pompey win-keeping Bristol firmly entrenched in the mire is what we need. Brizzle extending the points gap is worse than Portsmouth getting a few points nearer to it-you'd think Bristol are seeing it as their big chance to pull away from the bottom 3. The mentality you get from Portsmouth is very much one of a side that's playing without pressure; they nearly went out of existence a matter of weeks ago anyway.
Of course, this is all academic if we lose at Vicarage Road.

Well we certainly don't want a draw there and us to lose, or indeed a Bristol win coupled with a City defeat. I think if Bristol win and we lose that would be very, very significant to our chances.

Sub

draw would be best i think but brizzel will win and then pompey will sink us by beating us and dragging us down :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

If Bristol won and we lost we'd be close to the point of no return in all honesty-a win at Watford is vital in any of those situations. Either to close the gap on Brizzle, or to fall no further behind.

skybluelee

I would go as far to say if we lose this Saturday (and we probably will) and Bristol win then that will be game over. We'll probably be 7 points away from safety and have Cardiff away next up.

Anything but a Bristol win will be best for us, probably a draw best of all, because as Otis said a Pompey win might re-ignite their season and we all know where they are playing next Saturday.

Covstu

we need a pompey win as we need to keep bristol at arms reach! i hope we can get a draw and pull back a point on them but i cannot see brizzle losing this one.

hughescov

Let's be honest, regardless if we lose we will all be on here next week figuring out new points totals. How many points from the last few games, how many to get to safety, still got a chance, still got no chance etc etc. I would love Cov to stay up but it feels like a terminal illness, we know we're going to go down in the next month or so but we don't know exactly when and we are all praying that somehow we don't go down and escape from this!!

CovLis86

We cant be thinking of anything other than points. Dont think how a win 'may' affect a teams form.

A win for Pompey would be the best result, they are potentially as good as down, we need to be catching teams, and Bristol is one of those, so we dont want them to gain any points.

If pompey win and we beat them when we play them, they have made no ground on us, but we have potentially caught up 3 points on Bristol.

Users who are viewing this thread