Pompey troubles (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Well this is what the financial fair play rules are for, to stop irresponsible owners running the club for their own pleasure, then bailing out & leaving it in a terrible financial plight.

They are still in the early days of implementation, but the new restrictions should stabilise matters by 2018.

I still think that the huge difference between premiership and championship budgets is extremely difficult to manage and it is too tempting for a club that drops from the top to go for it & try to get back before the parachute money runs out.

skybluearmy88

Living in oxford, I get south today as my local news on bbc. There main focus this lunchtime was on pompey being handed a winding up order. They said that no one could park in the clubs car park as the land is owned by there previous owner. They also stated that selling players was not an option as the money would have to be used to pay sell on clauses and pay other clubs for what they still owe them from previous transfers which would leave them no money to pay off there tax debt. And they have till 20th Feb to find an owner and get there debts cleared.

Essexrobbie

As much as I want to stay up, I want to do itproperly and not because someone got a point deduction.

And how does wishing a points deduction on someone makes us any different to Sunderland fans?
Well said, personally I would rather see us go down than stay up at the expense of a club going to the wall....even Sunderland.... as I'm sure the vast majority of their support don't reflect the views of the knuckle heads that wish our demise.

mark82

Well said, personally I would rather see us go down than stay up at the expense of a club going to the wall....even Sunderland.... as I'm sure the vast majority of their support don't reflect the views of the knuckle heads that wish our demise.

I wouldn't want to see them go bust, but lose 10 points and then get saved would suit just fine.

Ccfcsj

I wonder if they'd take into account that this would be the second time they went into Administration and deduct more than 10 points?

SuperFred

couldn't care less about pompey, if it means we have a better chance of staying up then i hope they go into admin. i'm sure they'd say the same if it was the other way round

Skybluestu

If wanting the fa to implement punishments on a side that has broken rules on more than one occasion makes me a 'knuckle head' then so be it. If you would rather the rules not be implemented and our beloved city relegated unfairly then I can only assume that you have some kind of mental condition.... Either that or your a Portsmouth fan!!!! Get a grip. Nobody WANTS teams to go bust or have points deducted, but if they have broken the rules then punishments MUST be handed out

Essexrobbie

If wanting the fa to implement punishments on a side that has broken rules on more than one occasion makes me a 'knuckle head' then so be it. If you would rather the rules not be implemented and our beloved city relegated unfairly then I can only assume that you have some kind of mental condition.... Either that or your a Portsmouth fan!!!! Get a grip. Nobody WANTS teams to go bust or have points deducted, but if they have broken the rules then punishments MUST be handed out

I am neither a Portsmouth fan nor have a mental condition, and I have certificate to prove it! Quite how you derived the opinion that I was referring to you or your comment as being a 'knuckle head', and not the Sunderland post that hope we go out of business completely, is I'm afraid beyond me. Of cause the FA should punish for eregularities but surely nobody wants a club to go out of existence completely at the expense of another's surviving relegation.

Skybluestu

I am neither a Portsmouth fan nor have a mental condition, and I have certificate to prove it! Quite how you derived the opinion that I was referring to you or your comment as being a 'knuckle head', and not the Sunderland post that hope we go out of business completely, is I'm afraid beyond me. Of cause the FA should punish for eregularities but surely nobody wants a club to go out of existence completely at the expense of another's surviving relegation.
My mistake. However if you read my other posts I have never said I want the to go bust.... Point deduction will do fine!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread