Poker (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Recently started playing texas hold em, and found to be not too bad at it.

Was just wondering if anyone on here likes the game or plays professionally?

rob9872

If you can teach me the rules I'll have a bash

RegTheDonk

Hold 'Em is good, its pretty easy to pick up. Been playing for a few years on-line (sky poker). Its a good way of keeping your brain sharp, working out the hands and what the odds are of winning, and having some friendly (and not so friendly) banter with other players. I'm a reasonable player but there are some pretty good players out there who know when to fold, when to raise, and can be pretty good at reading other people's cards, which 'aint bad seeings how body language isn't a factor!

Having said that, a percentage of the time IMHO its the luck of the deal and which cards are revealed as you play (flop, turn and river).

Usually play the cheap sit-and-go tables, six players 60p double or nothing, which can last up to an hour of fun depending on how you do, and you stand a half decent chance of coming in the top half and doubling up.

Quite enjoy the Bounty Hunter tournaments, they can be a great laugh as they're a bit more ruthless. Unfortunatley, its a bit more money, starts about £2 to buy in but you can break even if you knock out a couple of people and, if you're lucky, you can make £20-30 with bounties and finishing high. These can last a few hours if you do well.

I ENJOY IT AND PLAY FOR THE FUN, NOT TO TRY AND MAKE MONEY. Thats a crucial point to me, so I'm prepared to shell out £20 a month for buy-ins (which is cheaper than a night out at the pub). Usually, that will last or I may come out ahead and I'll either re-bank it or buy in to some more expensive games, to test myself against better players. If I run out, I wait until next month...have heard a few stories about people getting addicted and shelling out more than they can afford.

Suggest you give PKR a go, as they have a "play money" practice room so you can see how the game works. Or try some Facebook apps, to see if you like it. Only down side is because its free, you get some people shoving all their chips in with shit hands.

Users who are viewing this thread