Points of View (1 Viewer)

Tank Top

What is your point of view on the following?

1/a We had a bad day at the office, but earned a draw
1/b Only bad finishing by Preston kept us in the game.

2/a We should have started with Carl Baker
2/b we were right to field an unchanged side

3/a WE are not a one man band McGoldrick is not vital.
3/b If McGoldrick doesn't score we don't win.

4/a SISU should take the deal on offer
4/bSISU should be allowed to set the rent.

5/a 12,000 was a good gate on SAt before Christmas
5/b..Gate was poor, given our currrent good run.

6/a.. Funds will made availiable for players in Jan
6/b No chance, we are skint as usual.

Thanks for looking.....Tank top..

Otis

2/a We should have started with Carl Baker. You play your best team. None of this don't change a winning side malarkey!

3/b If McGoldrick doesn't score we don't win. Pretty much accurate.

4/a SISU should take the deal on offer. For now, yes.

5/a 12,000 was a good gate on Sat before Christmas

6/b No chance, we are skint as usual. Absolutely no chance of funds being made available. We will look to sell and bring loans in, in my opinion.

Bugsy

1a, 2b, 3 we are not 1 man team, but we either need to sing mcg or get a decent replacement. 4a, 5a, 6 i think robins will get to bring in a few,, ( i hope) .

ohitsaidwalker king power

What is your point of view on the following?

2/a We should have started with Carl Baker.. hindsight being a wonderful thing.

3/a WE are not a one man band but signing McGoldrick is vital.

5/a 12,000 was a good gate on SAt before Christmas in this Division

stupot07

1/a and 1/b are both right.

3/b If McGoldrick doesn't score we don't win.

4/c Sisu and ACL should sit down and come to an agreement which is mutually benefit.

6/c limited fund will be made available once we off load some players.

Otis

hi
Lol beat Donny 4-1 away but baker must start no matter what?

Ridiculous

Not ridiculous. You play your best side. You think if Messi was suspended for one game and they won without him that he wouldn't be back in for the next game? This never change a winning team is absolute bollocks. Very much depends on who you are playing and the style of the opposition and how important the missing player(s) is/are. Of course Baker should have been back in. Especially against a very physical Preston side. Barton was very much not the player we needed in that 11 yesterday.
Was very surprised when I heard the line up yesterday

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

covboy9

1/b simple fact we play good football but we lack height in the side and we panic under pressure, Preston are tailor made to beat us so a point is good result, when teams play us at our own game we are very good but the long ball really exposes Woods lack of pace, classic example vs Col U on the face of it was a dominant performance but in reality as soon as oppo started playing up and under football we looked vunerable. The home form is worrying, i think teams know how we set up to play, think Robins can maybe change it a bit for surprise, im not talking about personel but tactics, just cos we have 2 strikers on does'nt mean we have to hoof it we are better than that, Baker shouldn't have been benched. No worries with our away form we are perfectly set up on the road

Black6Osprey

1/b Only bad finishing by Preston kept us in the game. - Both are true

2/a We should have started with Carl Baker - Should have started with Baker

3/b If McGoldrick doesn't score we don't win. - He is very important but I wouldn't go that far but when he plays bad the team plays bad

4/a SISU should take the deal on offer - Take the deal its the equivalent of signing Barton

5/a 12,000 was a good gate on SAt before Christmas - I think it was the second highest gate after the Sheff Utd game so it was as much as I would expect considering

6/a.. Funds will made availiable for players in Jan - A bit of both. We have budget so if Robins gets rid he can bring in. I dont think extra funds as such will be made available.

Paxman II

Yeah think Baker should have started. The team was messed up with Barton on and Mousa on the left. It didn't work so well. But that's hindsight. Preston knew what tactics to play and stop us playing the ball around and frustrated our players. They could have won it yes but equally Fleck should have nicked it anyway! A draw was fair. We must learn to break down teams that play this type of game. We took the lead and should have gone for the jugular after that but we seemed lethargic almost in doing so...maybe a tiny bit of complacency creeeping in which must be eradicated before Boxing Day.
I'll take a win Boxing Day and a draw yesterday. Hope the players take it seriously and don't eat too much Xmas pudding and sherry!

coundonskyblue

1/a We had a bad day at the office, but earned a draw (But our poor home form is starting to be a concern)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Yeah think Baker should have started. The team was messed up with Barton on and Mousa on the left. It didn't work so well. But that's hindsight. Preston knew what tactics to play and stop us playing the ball around and frustrated our players. They could have won it yes but equally Fleck should have nicked it anyway! A draw was fair. We must learn to break down teams that play this type of game. We took the lead and should have gone for the jugular after that but we seemed lethargic almost in doing so...maybe a tiny bit of complacency creeeping in which must be eradicated before Boxing Day.
I'll take a win Boxing Day and a draw yesterday. Hope the players take it seriously and don't eat too much Xmas pudding and sherry!

Pax me ol' mate.. bit confused here... Mouse on the left?.. Fleck?
.................................................. ............................................. That Sherry you mention.. have you been on it already?:D

Baginton

Baker was left out because of the needless bokking he collected, he was suspended and rightly started on the bench, great management, punishment for foolish behaviour, maybe next time Baker will reflect on whats just happened and not grab goalies needlessly!!!

Moussa was not the right man to cover Baker, thats the only issue I have.

now let it go.

North York’s Blue

Paxman II

That should read Elliott of course. I'll be glad when some of these guys leave in January when the squad is trimmed down. Way too many faces to keep up with.

In fact just a few leaving will give us plenty to spend on one replacement for McGoldrick if that is required?

Otis

We need to ship out, Elliot, Hussey, ROD, Malaga for starters. Would say McDonald looks likely to go too, as he simply isn't getting a look in.

Covstu

2/b we were right to field an unchanged side - difficult one this given the last result!!

3/b If McGoldrick doesn't score we don't win. - this guy is the key from being an average team to a title challenging team. If not him, someone else (who we don't have in the squad currently)

4/c They sit down with ACL and thrash out a mutually suitable agreement - There has to be a middle ground which suits ACL and SISU however a deal was signed so they should honour previous payments.

6/b No chance, we are skint as usual. - we will dabble in the loan market only, Robins has already stated that we need to free up salaries from Malaga et al before we can commit to other players so don't understand Joy's statement about more investment unless they are banking on the £1.1M rent money being not paid and reinvested (not holding my breath!!)

Users who are viewing this thread