Plus ça Change: The High Court Damning Of Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Great article. Few little misunderstandings in there like the opening sentence with the high court in London?

Overall An in depth and accurate article which hopefully the football league and football world will see.

Quick question with the 590k? And admin/liquidation? It hasn't been paid and still being liquidated by PA , if this is still the case come August 9th? We surely will be docked points.

Any answers?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Where's our PETE and the other acolytes on there white horses charging to the defence of SISU? Or is it the fact that the law of the land and a senior judge has candidly revealed SISU as to what they are and what we all suspected. The silence is deafening. As to the 590k I think that will be the next mill stone around Pressely's neck, don't pay it and another points deduction will be on its way, unless of course they decide to sue the League for breach of contract. One would of thought that any one who has a modicum of business acumen would not continue to flog a dead horse in the way Ms Seppala is, its only going to cause her more harm in the future. They say their is always a positive to a negative but I just cant see where she and her cronies are getting one from the currant situation they themselves have created. NOPM

stupot07

I do find it interesting that it doesn't include anything around financial mismanagement and financial mess/year on year losses, which the judge said left the club in parlous position..

Even david conn included some of that...

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

I do find it interesting that it doesn't include anything around financial mismanagement and financial mess/year on year losses, which the judge said left the club in parlous position..

Even david conn included some of that...

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I'd say that omission Paints In their favour .:)

joemercersaces

I am a little bemused by the suggestion, also repeated elsewhere, that SISU desperately attempted to return the club to the premier league. It has been separately asserted that they spent around 40/50 million on this failed quest. Well it didn't seem like it at the time! Didn't Ranson accuse them of the very opposite in selling Fox and Dann.

Grendel

I am a little bemused by the suggestion, also repeated elsewhere, that SISU desperately attempted to return the club to the premier league. It has been separately asserted that they spent around 40/50 million on this failed quest. Well it didn't seem like it at the time! Didn't Ranson accuse them of the very opposite in selling Fox and Dann.

I think you'll find their problems started when they allowed a clueless, useless prick like ranson to spend the money in the first place.

CCFC PimpRail

That wouldn't narrow it down from a whole list of loss-making football teams...

Anyone who reads those years of history condensed into that article and still supports Sisu ought to see their doctor to get checked out for Stockholm syndrome.

stupot07

That wouldn't narrow it down from a whole list of loss-making football teams...

Anyone who reads those years of history condensed into that article and still supports Sisu ought to see their doctor to get checked out for Stockholm syndrome.

I don't support sisu, and I haven't got Stockholm syndrome. It's about context. Piling in money (not as much as some owners) to fund losses year in year out, lack of sustainable plan (judges words) leads to the only option (get the Ricoh and revenues). We should have slashed out wage bill earlier, and we should have bought back our half of ACL or at the very least renegotiated a lower rent at the beginning.

Virtually all football team lose money, it's wrong and would be allowed to happen in any other industry.

Last edited:

Grendel

I don't support sisu, and I haven't got Stockholm syndrome.

I think it has replaced "sisu apologist" by the ignorant majority on here.

CCFC PimpRail

I don't support sisu, and I haven't got Stockholm syndrome. It's about context. Piling in money (not as much as some owners) to fund losses year in year out, lack of sustainable plan (judges words) leads to the only option (get the Ricoh and revenues). We should have slashed out wage bill earlier, and we should have bought back our half of ACL or at the very least renegotiated a lower rent at the beginning.

Virtually all football team lose money, it's wrong and would be allowed to happen in any other industry.

If so many teams loose money, and about a third or so rent their grounds, why is CCFC unique in its position of trying to distress it's landlord and failing miserably at it...?

(I suppose you're going to tell me ccfc ought to be paying a Donny Rovers rent for a stadium that'd suit a respectable premiership team...).

Grendel

If so many teams loose money, and about a third or so rent their grounds, why is CCFC unique in its position of trying to distress it's landlord and failing miserably at it...?

(I suppose you're going to tell me ccfc ought to be paying a Donny Rovers rent for a stadium that'd suit a respectable premiership team...).

No the Swansea rent would be fine thanks.

Astute

Why not Man City? They are also called the sky blues. They also play in the same country as us.

Grendel

Why not Man City? They are also called the sky blues. They also play in the same country as us.

Sometimes I wonder if you support the club at all.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But the errors you cite are of SISU's making, yet much of what you offer gives them a sympathy they're not deserved of. If you follow your thought process, you suggest mismanagement gives rise to the 'only option' - that being the Ricoh - and they move the club out of town to achieve that. Successive judges have concluded such.

If you profess to be a fan, I can't understand how you can't decry that in absolute terms. But you don't. I'm not being judgemental, I just cannot follow your logic

Moff

If you profess to be a fan, I can't understand how you can't decry that in absolute terms. But you don't. I'm not being judgemental, I just cannot follow your logic

MMM, I honestly believe you are a better person than dropping to the 'if you profess to be a fan' line. Its far too commonly used trying to tar someone as a lesser fan than all the supposed 'super fans' on here, so I hope you dont start falling into that trap.

Hope you accept my honest critique.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

MMM, I honestly believe you are a better person than dropping to the 'if you profess to be a fan' line. Its far too commonly used trying to tar someone as a lesser fan than all the supposed 'super fans' on here, so I hope you dont start falling into that trap.

Hope you accept my honest critique.

No. Honestly. Point taken. Maybe I chose the wrong words and I withdraw them if they cause offense.

I just can't get my head around it. On one hand saying SISU 'need' the income as a function of their own maladministration. Knowing they have moved the club in order to make financial redress, and not decrying it in absolute terms. How can a fan do that? It's the most destructive and divisive thing to happen to the club in over a century. And for what? Because a hedge fund got things wrong?

Wording any better? I just don't, don't understand it?!?

stupot07

Oh mmm dear boy, it would be awfully kind of you to take a peregrination of a short cliff, that would be marvellous dear boy, tootlepip

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Oh mmm dear boy, it would be awfully kind of you to take a peregrination of a short cliff, that would be marvellous dear boy, tootlepip

Side-splitting japery. You should do kids parties. Problem being, such sarcasm instead of trying to address the question seems to indicate you dont want to face up to the answer

Spionkop

Yeah, there's a bit of history being rewritten with that notion that Sisu were going for the Premier League. First Division in old money. As someone said, that was very quickly nipped in the bud with the hasty sales of Fox and Dann. And other strange moves.
Much as I detest Sisu and all they stand for, I would give them credit if due. It simply wasn't the case at the time.
They had it to build on with the brief flurry of Dennis Wise, but they backtracked.

stupot07

Yeah, there's a bit of history being rewritten with that notion that Sisu were going for the Premier League. First Division in old money. As someone said, that was very quickly nipped in the bud with the hasty sales of Fox and Dann. And other strange moves.
Much as I detest Sisu and all they stand for, I would give them credit if due. It simply wasn't the case at the time.
They had it to build on with the brief flurry of Dennis Wise, but they backtracked.

Whats Dennis Wise got to do with anything? He left in May 2006 19 months before sisu arrived in December 2007.....

SkyblueBazza

Another excellent article from 200%, reviewing the outcome and consequences of the Judicial Review.
Plus ça Change: The High Court Damning Of Coventry City http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=26346

My main issue with this and many other reports & articles keep saying the Club/CCFC - when what they should be saying at the very least is Otium. Or maybe Otium under the guise of CCFC, or even Joy Seppala the controller of Otium who act under the guise of the Club/CCFC.

My reasoning is because WE are the Club. The owners & controllers could move on tomorrow...we & CCFC would (bar liquidation) still be here! The manager, even the players could all leave tomorrow...others could be recruited. Fans cannot be recruited, they attend of their own free will for the love of their Club.

PUSB

stupot07

Side-splitting japery. You should do kids parties. Problem being, such sarcasm instead of trying to address the question seems to indicate you dont want to face up to the answer

I'm learning from the master...

1) I do not support the Northampton move. I had a season ticket at the Ricoh, I don't go to Sixfields.

2) regardless who our owner is, we need a model of low/peppercorn rent and access to matchday revenue

3) the rent was far too high, and ACL and the club should have addressed that earlier. Notwithstanding ray Ranson's shortsightedness of not sorting it out at the beginning, ACL have known we've been on the verge of insolvency since, well since before we started the the build, yet we're happy to keep the huge rent up.

4) the club are making annual losses not sisu. This is about the club's finances, not sisu's.

5) if the club and he Ricoh are united in some form (even if by both being owned/leasehold not freehold by 1 company) then there's far more likely that sisu will fuck off.

That is my logic whether you agree with it or not.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm learning from the master...

1) I do not support the Northampton move. I had a season ticket at the Ricoh, I don't go to Sixfields.

2) regardless who our owner is, we need a model of low/peppercorn rent and access to matchday revenue

3) the rent was far too high, and ACL and the club should have addressed that earlier. Notwithstanding ray Ranson's shortsightedness of not sorting it out at the beginning, ACL have known we've been on the verge of insolvency since, well since before we started the the build, yet we're happy to keep the huge rent up.

4) the club are making annual losses not sisu. This is about the club's finances, not sisu's.

5) if the club and he Ricoh are united in some form (even if by both being owned/leasehold not freehold by 1 company) then there's far more likely that sisu will fuck off.

That is my logic whether you agree with it or not.

Everyone on here knows your stance. But you can't, or won't answer address the central point. You seemingly now begrudgingly accept SISU's stance was aimed at Ricoh ownership. Still go on about rent beside it being irrelevant, as successive judges have found. But what about taking a club our of its own town to prove a point? To earn a buck. That's atypical even in the mad, mad world of football. I see platitudes above. I've read placitudes from you for months. But not the condemnation it deserves. Even now, when challenged...

stupot07

Everyone on here knows your stance. But you can't, or won't answer address the central point. You seemingly now begrudgingly accept SISU's stance was aimed at Ricoh ownership. Still go on about rent beside it being irrelevant, as successive judges have found. But what about taking a club our of its own town to prove a point? To earn a buck. That's atypical even in the mad, mad world of football. I see platitudes above. I've read placitudes from you for months. But not the condemnation it deserves. Even now, when challenged...

I refer you to point 1) I do not support the move to Northampton. Again I had a season ticket for years and I do not go to Northampton. Please show me where I am accepting of the fecking move to Northampton?

Just because I can see why sisu (from their point of view) would reject KCIC's rent offer doesn't mean I think Northampton is a barrel of laughs.

It is shit, the whole thing is shit, sisu are shit.

And I don't care what the judges say, I still blame all side, this could've and should've been sorted ages ago. Sisu are the most to blame.

The rent isn't irrelevant, it's a part of the whole thing along with the access to revenues. It might not be 100%, but it certainly isn't irrelevant. Are you suggesting it wasn't too higher? Are you suggesting that rent and revenues isn't important for our future and becoming more sustainable? Are you suggesting that new owners will coming and carry on with the high rent no revenue model?

You won't change my view on that, and I won't change your view on it. But don't you dare give me the "I don't believe a your a fan" bollocks.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I refer you to point 1) I do not support the move to Northampton. Again I had a season ticket for years and I do not go to Northampton. Please show me where I am accepting of the fecking move to Northampton?

Just because I can see why sisu (from their point of view) would reject KCIC's rent offer doesn't mean I think Northampton is a barrel of laughs.

And I don't care what the judges say, I still blame all side, this could've and should've been sorted ages ago. Sisu are the most to blame.

The rent isn't irrelevant, it's a part of the whole thing along with the access to revenues. It might not be 100%, but it certainly isn't irrelevant. Are you suggesting it wasn't too higher? Are you suggesting that rent and revenues isn't important for our future and becoming more sustainable? Are you suggesting that new owners will coming and carry on with the high rent no revenue model?

You won't change my view on that, and I won't change your view on it. But don't you dare give me the "I don't believe a your a fan" bollocks.

If you care to read above, the bit on or around when you just decided to be sarcastic, you'd see I withdrew that comment. So don't hark back to it like I didn't have the grace to do so.

What you have never done, and most who read this site regularly will know, is to condemn SISU for - almost uniquely in the game of football - taking the team out of its own city to gain the financial reward you now acknowledge. You just haven't. I don't need to go beyond that as you haven't. Whether that makes you a true fan, a better fan, a worse fan, I couldn't care. You just haven't

shmmeee

None of that addresses the issue of us not playing in Coventry.

Are we better off financially right now?

You keep having an argument no one is having, we all want the club to be sustainable, we just don't think holding it to ransom is cricket (or indeed an effective way of getting extra revenue as opposed to pissing it up the wall on legal fees and low crowds).

As an aside: this is also the club's reasoning "revenues revenues revenues" but never addressing the lower revenues right now compared to even the old rent deal, let alone a renegotiated one. It's all people should be asking them. I see Godiva and Grendel pull the same subterfuge, what we need long term and what we need right now are two separate things and can be dealt with as such.

Last edited:

Tank Top

Another excellent article from 200%, reviewing the outcome and consequences of the Judicial Review.
Plus ça Change: The High Court Damning Of Coventry City http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=26346

I feel totally vindicated in the many posts I have sent to this, and other places during the last few years, I now hope that "SiSSU"
or whatever Alias its using this week, suffer the same level of destruction, that they have ruthlessly bestowed on our Football Club
And its Ravaged, disrespected Supporters.

Sky Blue Kid

I feel totally vindicated in the many posts I have sent to this, and other places during the last few years, I now hope that "SiSSU" or whatever Alias its using this week, suffer the same level of destruction, that they have ruthlessly bestowed on our Football Club And its Ravaged, disrespected Supporters.
Well said TT, and so you should feel vindicated mate, Some of us knew from Day 1 what SISU were going to do. It gives me no pleasure at all to reiterate what you've already said, but, reiterate it should be............PS..NICK after being accused by you yesterday, I'm STILL waiting for a response from you to my question!!!

sky blue john

It makes me laugh how some people on here use the new owners argument to want to keep Sisu at the helm !!
Some seem to believe that if we got new owners and returned to the Ricoh that automatically the rent would be 1.3million. Come on guys that deal is long dead !!!!

Grendel

It makes me laugh how some people on here use the new owners argument to want to keep Sisu at the helm !!
Some seem to believe that if we got new owners and returned to the Ricoh that automatically the rent would be 1.3million. Come on guys that deal is long dead !!!!

It won't matter if its £400,000 - unless the revenues are offered as part of the package along with shares in the management company (for free) no one will want the club.

sky blue john

It won't matter if its £400,000 - unless the revenues are offered as part of the package along with shares in the management company (for free) no one will want the club.

So you admit then that the 1.3million a year rent is long dead ?

bigfatronssba

Opinion once again presented as fact.

Users who are viewing this thread