Please move the camera gantry ! (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Watched a recording from SKY of our match last night. No wonder fans without tickets were spitting fire. The angle from the old 'Tesco stand' is appalling, for much of the coverage it looked like we had struggled to get a crowd there. It can't be a major feat of engineering to get that swapped round to give us some credit !?

Ashdown

Well bang a load of Ricoh logo's over the other side then. The place looked like the shots of those two centre blocks at Wembley when all the corporates have nipped upstairs for a canapé.

Watched a recording from SKY of our match last night. No wonder fans without tickets were spitting fire. The angle from the old 'Tesco stand' is appalling, for much of the coverage it looked like we had struggled to get a crowd there. It can't be a major feat of engineering to get that swapped round to give us some credit !?

Totally agree Ashdown. Every time we are on TV the major feature is the stand with no fans a huge press box and a big wall.

H

Huckerby

100% agree. Think its one of those annoying things that won't happen though

RegTheDonk

Don't know if this is the same at the Ricoh, but a lot of stadiums used to put in fixed lines from the main camera platforms, making it easier for the broadcasters to plug in their kit to their ob trucks. Perhaps this is also a factor.

dongonzalos

Completely agree people always tell me when they see us on sky that we have no fans.
It needs to be on the opposite end

shmmeee

What gantry? They were in the middle of blocks of seats! How on earth a stadium that opened less than 10 years ago doesn't have suitable positions for TV cameras I don't know. Never remember that many seats being taken up by cameras before.

Maybe the camera gantries are extra? We seem to have struck the Ryan Air of stadium rental deals.

Baginton

did anyone see the gantry in block 25, half way up purpose built for this game

took up about twenty seats and majorly blocked several spectators views behind it, I wouldnt have been happy.

shmmeee

did anyone see the gantry in block 25, half way up purpose built for this game

took up about twenty seats and majorly blocked several spectators views behind it, I wouldnt have been happy.

That's the one, was just across the aisle from me, apparently I got on telly though so not all bad :D

LilleSkyBlue

Totally agree with the OP. Tried to show friends how the stadium was packed but all you saw three-quarters of the time was that white wall and empty seats. Not the first time either, it's very frustrating.

Gint11

Yeah some Gills fans watching on TV commented that they thought it was a sell out but didn't look it. I was thinking 'What'? 27+ and then some Gills fans who went said it was nearly full. So obviously now its because of the view from where the Camera was

Covstu

See what you mean but this happens everywhere and you really think they are going to redesign this given we are lodgers??? Nah!!

Nick

Administrator
Would need a fair bit of building work to move it, also it would take up some of the corporate space wouldn't it and be slap bang in the middle?

Not sure how it could be done?

shmmeee

Would need a fair bit of building work to move it, also it would take up some of the corporate space wouldn't it and be slap bang in the middle?

Not sure how it could be done?

Eh?

They're temporary structures built on top of seats. Surely the cost is the same regardless of where they're put?

TheOldFive

The whole of that Pharmacy Stand is a nightmare. Some solutions: -
1) Untaken Corporate / Prawn seating to be issued FREE to local children's or old folks homes or other deserving charities. Fill the space.
2) Rip out that ridiculously OTT press area - the hacks coped with some planks on a back row at Sixfields why the hell massively overspec their facilities at the Ricoh? Boils my piss that one most of all.
3) Put the cameras in the Pharmacy stand Directors area and a box (I assume one is held by a non-contributing party like Otium or the Council for their use, they can give it up on TV games).
4) Logo out the back of the Tesco Stand in "Ricoh" if necessary and put flags up - the set up of the flags from that stand at the Olympics was excellent, looked great.
5) Get some innovation in masking the empty seat areas for future games eg in the Telegraph above LL. What about those big shirts that used to be in the centre circle? How about some similarly done classy graphic efforts of great moments in our history, or a mural covering of the Coventry skyline?

6) Speaking more generally about the experience in the ground I'm sure that Mrs Garlick still has lots of ideas harvested from her forums that could be introduced at the Ricoh to enhance the match day experience. Someone ask her. If she's still talking to anyone...

Best of all of course lets sell the bloody place out more often. Don't bother watching footy on TV, save your pennies for going to games eh?

Users who are viewing this thread