Playing SISU at their own game (1 Viewer)

joemercersaces

What is the legality, I wonder, of season ticket holders who have direct debits, cancelling them on the basis that they no longer want the product? We surely don't owe them for matches not yet played and could defend any attempt to recover the outstanding balance on the grounds that their actions seriously undermine our confidence in their acting in the best interests of our club. I presume they'd take us to small claims but as above what do we really owe? If a lot of us did this it might have a significant effect. Yes it would affect the team but the alternative appeasement option seems only likely to guarantee supporting a pub team. Some on here have legal knowledge, would be worth weighing it up.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Brace yourself for the "what's the point" replies .

skyblue1991

What is the legality, I wonder, of season ticket holders who have direct debits, cancelling them on the basis that they no longer want the product? We surely don't owe them for matches not yet played and could defend any attempt to recover the outstanding balance on the grounds that their actions seriously undermine our confidence in their acting in the best interests of our club. I presume they'd take us to small claims but as above what do we really owe? If a lot of us did this it might have a significant effect. Yes it would affect the team but the alternative appeasement option seems only likely to guarantee supporting a pub team. Some on here have legal knowledge, would be worth weighing it up.
What's the point?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

skybluejelly

i think you will find you have signed a credit agreement with a separate firm...its a bit like trying to cancel a phone contract..just because you don't like the phone

skyblueelephant76

The DD payment scheme was done through a finance company and works like a loan. I would imagine that the club may already have the money, anyone stopping would be chased by the finance company and ruin their credit rating. Not a good idea.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...Well that's that then.

Ashdown

I think SISU conned the fans all round with the ST's again, even more this time around. They jacked the prices up on this pretence that a bigger take up would reap discounts and then didn't get a team together for the first two months of the season. During this 'lightbulb' moment they also increased the single ticket prices by up to 30% in some areas ! The lying shits have been found out now and their reliance on us all being sheeplike has unfolded and crowds have plummeted . Fuck 'em the incompetent crooks !

torchomatic

Do it and tell us what happens.

Liquid Gold

Yes!

We should buy Bury and run them into the ground. I've got £2.46 and some anti-psychotics I'm not using, that's a start.

ajsccfc

Already looked into it (more for cancelling than particular spite), the customer is the only one who loses out.

Kingokings204

Well I'll look into it certainly. Won't be buying 3 season tickets and a car park pass next year that's for sure. Been going since 1969 but there comes a point where you can't stand by any more. The 'manager' selling Ryton is that point for me.

And that's the point isn't it. Everyone has their "point". It has been proved. Some had their point with Northampton and some had their point at wasps getting the Ricoh and some will have their point with the budget and then selling ryton. There will literally be no one left. It was 5300 ST this year was it? I bet it won't pass 3000 if sisu stay. And even less than that should we be relegated. Worth a ponder I would say.

georgehudson

any truth in the rumour about CA setting up the ticketmaster thing,
when his best mate is the guru @ ticketmaster,
just something i overheard

Nick

Administrator
Ticketmaster would have been the logical step anyway, it is what Wasps use so it already knows the Ricoh and plenty of other teams use it.

It would probably be more outrageous if it was a small ticket system his mate ran that he went with.

Bruce the Boot

We have used ticket master as a club before when we was at Highfield Rd , so not new to the club , outrageous charges then too .

ccfcway

they have your money.

It would make more of an impact if unhappy season ticket holders queued up at the ticket office before the televised sheff utd game and missed the start of it due to each asking for their money back. a queue of people at the ticket office when the game is on would attract a lot of attention

Nick

Administrator
they have your money.

It would make more of an impact if unhappy season ticket holders queued up at the ticket office before the televised sheff utd game and missed the start of it due to each asking for their money back. a queue of people at the ticket office when the game is on would attract a lot of attention

It wouldn't because the cameras would be inside. People would just get told to email somewhere anyway.

Chipfat

If ST holders want to prove a point, send your ST to the FL with a return envelope, stating until sisu go they can keep it. They care about failing attendances and non completion of fixtures nothing else, which is why sisu are still here.

Its a tough decision but the FL need more than a few complaints and petition alone.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Well I'll look into it certainly. Won't be buying 3 season tickets and a car park pass next year that's for sure. Been going since 1969 but there comes a point where you can't stand by any more. The 'manager' selling Ryton is that point for me.
Simply one of the best messages I've read in a long time. I've had a season ticket since 1975 and I feel exactly the same. I'm proud of the badge and the history but i'm beginning to feel that CCFC is synonymous with SISU and I can't support that type of organisation any more and so will not renew next year. If Mark Venus is "selling" the idea of a housing plan then the club can , after over 40 years of support , go to hell.

Warwickhunt

If ST holders want to prove a point, send your ST to the FL with a return envelope, stating until sisu go they can keep it. They care about failing attendances and non completion of fixtures nothing else, which is why sisu are still here.

Its a tough decision but the FL need more than a few complaints and petition alone.
the season tickets are included in the figures whether you go or not

Grendel

I'll carry on supporting a team that needs supporting thanks.

Who the fuck are you to tell people what are tough decisions?

Tough decisions are supporting teams in adversity. Easy decisions are pretending taking the moral high ground then bitching they can't get a ticket for a big cup game.

Outrageous statement from you, I'm afraid.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'll carry on supporting a team that needs supporting thanks.

Who the fuck are you to tell people what are tough decisions?

Tough decisions are supporting teams in adversity. Easy decisions are pretending taking the moral high ground then bitching they can't get a ticket for a big cup game.

Outrageous statement from you, I'm afraid.
I've had a season ticket since 1975. You could say that I have supported the club through all of its adversity. I can take the moral high ground any time I like. I'm a what you might call, hardcore supporter. If I think after all these years the club is a disgrace, it is. If I feel the time is right for a boycott, I will do so. Tough decisions are making the decision that is right for each individual based on their own knowledge and their own moral compass. I don't need to slag off anyone whose plan of action is different to mine.

stevefloyd

We all want SISU gone but I don't think we can bully them out or even starve them out, the club HAVE to sell players to survive if you want to be part of the sell a player embargo fund so be it but please don't expect everyone else to follow suit and then be bullied because you think you have the right to dictate to everybody else

shmmeee

i think you will find you have signed a credit agreement with a separate firm...its a bit like trying to cancel a phone contract..just because you don't like the phone

Except you can cancel a phone contract for a whole host of reasons, including poor service.

I think the problem is that you basically took out a loan and bought a season ticket with it. If it was like a gym membership where you had an agreement to keep paying for a year you could start claiming the product wasn't up to scratch or whatever.

You might be better off trying to sue the club for a refund on your ST, but good luck with that.

Here's a crazy idea: if you enjoy watching us, go. If you don't, don't.

shmmeee

We all want SISU gone but I don't think we can bully them out or even starve them out, the club HAVE to sell players to survive if you want to be part of the sell a player embargo fund so be it but please don't expect everyone else to follow suit and then be bullied because you think you have the right to dictate to everybody else

Well be selling anyway, we don't break even. Be honest, other than Stevenson who is likely to command a fee? Bigi is out of contract in a year, maybe Willis. These are all academy kids anyway. We hit rock bottom in terms of player assets some time ago. Well hot rock bottom in terms of other assets when we sell Ryton.

skyblueelephant76

Well be selling anyway, we don't break even. Be honest, other than Stevenson who is likely to command a fee? Bigi is out of contract in a year, maybe Willis. These are all academy kids anyway. We hit rock bottom in terms of player assets some time ago. Well hot rock bottom in terms of other assets when we sell Ryton.

Players that would command a fee:

Stevenson
Willis
Jones
Harries
Turnbull
RCC
Sordell (if he can keep up his scoring form)

Realistically we need one good sale a year or Wilson to have a good season and get sold onto for a big fee.

Covcraig@bury

--...what did you not understand? NOPM this is the only way to get shut of these parasites.. SISU could have been gone if people keeper their hard earned in Thierry pockets ....

stevefloyd

NOPM is a kind of bite your nose off to spite your face type argument...it hurts the team and then fuels all this crap about NOPM... either support the team or stop making shitty excuses for not going..... Do you think I want to give SISU any of my money...not likely but I go because I have supported this club for 50 years

Sterling Archer

Wasn't there a chap on here who said he was going to demand a refund because we hadn't signed the players he wanted us to sign or some other nonsense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread