players to bring in... (1 Viewer)

skybluejack10

so say we sell keogh for 1mil and we do get an exchange for one of their players as a part of the deal, like, as rumoured callum ball.
we'll then have the tall centre forward thorn's been after but would that be it or would we look for more aswell?
we need to seal the deal on another centre mid such as jennings but to go with the tall striker could we do with resigning nimely on loan to add a bit of [pace and flair to the side or maybe zavon hines on a free transfer?
I fancy the 4-1-2-1-2 formation:

---------------murphy----------------
clarke---edjenguele---malaga---hussey
-----------------Kilbane--------------
-----jeffers----------------mcsheffrey
----------------fleck-----------------
----------mcdonald---Tall CF---------

with the tall CF playing off mcdonald? and a pacy player like nimely etc on the bench or instead of mcdonald?
maybe thomas or jennings (if he signs) instead of kilbane

Nick

Administrator
Wouldn't Mcdonald play off the tall defender?

I agree about Jeffers, I would much rather Baker.

glamour76

Mine would be.

-----------------murphy-------------------
Clarke------Malaga ---wood------hussey
---------------Jennings-------------------
Fleck-----------Thomas-----------mcsheffery
---------------new cf----McDonald-----------

Bench
Dunn
New French cb
Baker
Deegan
Kilbane
Jeffers

Nick

Administrator
I don't see why people want to keep Kilbane on the bench :( Elliott doesn't even get a place on the bench?

skybluejack10

yes, was speaking to jeffers dad the other day and he said shaun loves playeng out wide and i think he deserves the chance to show what he's made of! against hinckley he looked class and if he can't find a place up front then out wide, he should beat baker for the position easily!
that lewis garner looked quality against hinckley too, they may be an afwul team but you can tell who will be good or not like with bigi last season against them. plus garner came from the manchester utd academy and can play on the wing or attacking midfield! got pace too which is why i don't think we need any wingers as we already have macca, baker, bell, jeffers, garner and will roberts :)

skybluejack10

Mine would be.

-----------------murphy-------------------
Clarke------Malaga ---wood------hussey
---------------Jennings-------------------
Fleck-----------Thomas-----------mcsheffery
---------------new cf----McDonald-----------

Bench
Dunn
New French cb
Baker
Deegan
Kilbane
Jeffers

i wouldnt play fleck out wide. i'd put elliott in instead of deegan

skybluejack10

kilbane has looked good pre season, can't believe the score last night!
i think fleck needs to lose some weight for sure!

S

SkyBlue Baker96

if we get jennings and keep to playing 4-1-2-1-2 , thorn's going to have a dilema on who to play just in front of the back four, Kilbane for his experience? , Jennings because of his tough tackling, good passing ability or thomas because of the same attributes as jennings possibly stronger. Then you have the choice of playing two up top, i'd stick with 4-2-3-1 , thomas on the bench to switch with kilbane , and keep Cody on his own, place elliot and one of the new strikers on the bench, this is what i'd have
Gk:Murphy
RB:Clarke
RCB:Malaga
LCB:Edjenguele
LB:Hussey
RDM:Jennings
LDM:Kilbane
RAM:Baker
CAM:Fleck
LAM:Macca
ST:Cody

Bench
Dunn
Wood
Willis
Thomas
Bell
Elliot
New CF

Last edited by a moderator:

covcity4life

fleck could just be a robust fella like rooney, although he looks overweight does he play like it? hes a strong lad which helped him grab his second vs brora

bulkoskyblue

not sure how people can say Malaga and Edjenguele should be first choice centre backs yet? We have only played Hinkley Brora and Ross County. I am hoping to see a bit more fight from Richard Wood this season, he should be our first choice CB, and is proven at this level. Nice to have options though at last, just a shame about Keogh going, inevitable tho i suppose.

glamour76

I don't see why people want to keep Kilbane on the bench :( Elliott doesn't even get a place on the bench?

Sorry nick, for some reason I keep forgetting about Elliot. Maybe he could be cody's partner? To be fair though, is Cody going to be fit for start of season? I have to say I'm a bit worried by the lads fitness

skybluegod

-----------------murphy-------------
clarke----malaga----Edjenguele/wood----hussey
----------thomas---------kilbane/jennings(if signs)
fleck---------------cody----------sheffers
----------------elliot/new striker--------

Subs:
Dunn
Wood/Edjenguele
willis
jennings/kilbane
bell/baker
ROD
elliot

skybluejack10

-----------------murphy-------------
clarke----malaga----Edjenguele/wood----hussey
----------thomas---------kilbane/jennings(if signs)
fleck---------------cody----------sheffers
----------------elliot/new striker--------

Subs:
Dunn
Wood/Edjenguele
willis
jennings/kilbane
bell/baker
ROD
elliot

i wouldnt't even put ROD on the bench tbh
and don't fancy fleck out wide either

skybluejack10

fleck could just be a robust fella like rooney, although he looks overweight does he play like it? hes a strong lad which helped him grab his second vs brora

Could be but i doubt it's just muscle because he just looked very short and chubby against hinckley. Got a very good touch, not the strongest though from what i've seen. looks to have a good vision and enjoy passing the ball about.
could play a vital role in keeping the ball along the ground for us this season and creating chances. Unlike sidewards sammy and "hoof addict" norwood!

kg82

Could be but i doubt it's just muscle because he just looked very short and chubby against hinckley. Got a very good touch, not the strongest though from what i've seen. looks to have a good vision and enjoy passing the ball about.
could play a vital role in keeping the ball along the ground for us this season and creating chances. Unlike sidewards sammy and "hoof addict" norwood!

Hoof addict Norwood?! Is that a joke I don't get?!

kg82

i mean because he tried to switch the play at every single opportunity rather than move forwards and bring players into the attack by passing it around building up the attack

Yeah, I still don't get it?! Switching play isn't hoofing it, as far as I know. And is a good way to stretch defences to build an attack from.

skyblue4ever

Think i would have,

.........................murphy..................

Clarke.....malage.......wood......hussey

......jennings(if signs).....kilbane........

Baker................fleck................mcsheff

..........................cody......................

kg82

Think i would have,

This would also be mine

skybluejack10

Think i would have,

i wouldn't play baker, i'd play jeffers, garner or roberts instead. anyone but baker!

kg82

i wouldn't play baker, i'd play jeffers, garner or roberts instead. anyone but baker!

Doesn't Roberts play on the left? I think you've got to start with experience, if it doesn't work then see what the kids can do but we saw last year what can happen when you just throw the youth in.

Users who are viewing this thread