Players form (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

It was posted on the match day thread about our past record at Shrewsbury. Historical results though are meaningless tbf. A new crop of players and a different league has no bearing on the past. They are just anomalies.
What is not an anomaly are the players form. It could be argued only Thomas comes out all guns blazing week in week out. Maybe, just maybe that's a sign the players are worried about their jobs?
As SISU continue their actions a no Ricoh deal threatens the very life of the football club's existence, and is it any wonder some players have lost the heart? The exception being Thomas for obvious reasons.
This is not the premier league where if you continue to play well there will be other clubs coming in for you. This is the lower depths of the league with many players unable to secure clubs. I would think only Bayliss would attract interest from suitors should the club fold putting others at risk to their footballing career.
But there has been good progress from last year, a Wembley triumph and promotion, the club is on the right track. It's a dark cloud lying over the club though. I expect MR's to ignore the tempestuous goings on and get the players heads up and start leading us into a play off position. That would be the best outcome for the club and the players regardless of SISU.

Nick

Administrator
The form was bad even before? The same problems are there?

They were masked with a few wins but underlying issues were still there, then when we started losing it was "we have just won X games", then it was cup games don't count etc.

oucho

Feels like this is about the 17th or so thread asking this question.

The situation hasn't changed in over a year. All the players were aware of this. This situation was present during the run where we won 5 on the bounce.

mark_ccfc

I don't think this is down to the troubles either. People are always looking to blame it on this when things are going badly. Just the normal ups and downs of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread