Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody fancy it? Nobody really stood out today

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’m probably gonna get slaughtered for posting such ‘high’ marks after a defeat. We started first seven or so minutes better than I can ever remember us starting. We then had a calamitous fifteen minutes that lost us the game, but it wasn’t as doom and gloom as some made out. Ther

Burge - 5 was slow coming off his line for second, from where I was thought he could do more with 3rd and kicking was poor
Sterling - 5 wasn’t good by any stretch but I have no idea why some people were frothing at the mouth about his performance. Some fans treat him like he’s the opposition.
Willis - 5 badly at fault for first goal
Hyam - 7 need to watch the goals back, don’t think he can be blamed and thought he won everything in the air and was composed on the ball.
Brown - 6 thought he played fairly well
Thomas - 6 Ryan Kent all over. Always threatening, very rarely delivering. Does some things so well and others so poorly.
Kelly - 3 thought he was awful today. Clearly not fit
Doyle - 5. Poor game and would have scored lower but he didn’t shy away
Shipley - 5 few nice passes exchanged with Chaplin but way to soft in the tackle and careless in possession at times
JCH - 4 after a great performance last week, it wasn’t good today. Nothing stuck, link up play wasn’t good.
Chaplin - 6 always trying to make something happen. Took his (possibly) offside goal well.
Andreu - 7 made a massive difference when he came on and created several chances in a short period.
Thompson - 4 doesn’t look like a right back, very strange sub from Robins, not sure why Davies didn’t come on and Willis went right back
Bakayoko - NA can’t score him given lack of game time. Also very weird decision from Robins who should have made changes earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Willis was at fault for the first but Sterling will get the abuse.

Robins slaughtered Sterling in a few brief words in his interview

Bristol sky blue

Burge 5
Sterling 4
Brown 7
Hyam 6
Willis 6
Doyle 5
Kelly 6
Thomas 7
JCH 5
Chaplin 6
Shipley 4

(Thompson 5, Andreu / Bakayoko not enough time to judge)

Thought Brown caused them a few problems down the left 2nd half & that Thomas was our most lively player today.

Bristol sky blue

I agree with you that Willis was at fault for the first: he ducked to avoid the ball but he didn't get a shout from Hyam behind him (I don't think). Don't think he slipped, seemed deliberate.
We could have had a couple of pens against us for handball today too: could have been worse!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

100% . I wasn’t sure if some of the absolute mongs around me had somehow got mistaken identity by the fact they were saying ‘he’s foooookin shit’ like the first time he touched the ball. I’ve never experienced such a negative outlook on a player for so little. He hasn’t been great, but he’s nowhere near as bad as some of our knuckle draggers make out he is

Grendel

100% . I wasn’t sure if some of the absolute mongs around me had somehow got mistaken identity by the fact they were saying ‘he’s foooookin shit’ like the first time he touched the ball. I’ve never experienced such a negative outlook on a player for so little. He hasn’t been great, but he’s nowhere near as bad as some of our knuckle draggers make out he is

Weren’t you slagging Bakayoko before he’d kicked a ball?

Nick

Administrator
Robins slaughtered Sterling in a few brief words in his interview

Same as he did Bakayoka against Blackpool? It deflects away from how he had absolutely no idea what to do when they scored to get back in the game.

Willis fucked up for the first one, worse than Sterling's

luwalla

I’m probably gonna get slaughtered for posting such ‘high’ marks after a defeat. We started first seven or so minutes better than I can ever remember us starting. We then had a calamitous fifteen minutes that lost us the game, but it wasn’t as doom and gloom as some made out. Ther

Burge - 5 was slow coming off his line for second, from where I was thought he could do more with 3rd and kicking was poor
Sterling - 5 wasn’t good by any stretch but I have no idea why some people were frothing at the mouth about his performance. Some fans treat him like he’s the opposition.
Willis - 5 badly at fault for first goal
Hyam - 7 need to watch the goals back, don’t think he can be blamed and thought he won everything in the air and was composed on the ball.
Brown - 6 thought he played fairly well
Thomas - 6 Ryan Kent all over. Always threatening, very rarely delivering. Does some things so well and others so poorly.
Kelly - 3 thought he was awful today. Clearly not fit
Doyle - 5. Poor game and would have scored lower but he didn’t shy away
Shipley - 5 few nice passes exchanged with Chaplin but way to soft in the tackle and careless in possession at times
JCH - 4 after a great performance last week, it wasn’t good today. Nothing stuck, link up play wasn’t good.
Chaplin - 6 always trying to make something happen. Took his (possibly) offside goal well.
Andreu - 7 made a massive difference when he came on and created several chances in a short period.
Thompson - 4 doesn’t look like a right back, very strange sub from Robins, not sure why Davies didn’t come on and Willis went right back
Bakayoko - NA can’t score him given lack of game time. Also very weird decision from Robins who should have made changes earlier

Kelly a 3 and sterling a 5 same as burge ???... Kelly closed the ball downquite well I thought and at least made a fewgood passes before he started to fade. Burge made 3 great saves second half ... sterling on the other had, absolute dog shite & contributed nothing. Constantly gave the ball away, hoofed it, and looked generally all over the place. Honestly I’d have taken him off before half time! I’d reverse his and Kelly’s scores

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Kelly a 3 and sterling a 5 same as burge ???... Kelly closed the ball downquite well I thought and at least made a fewgood passes before he started to fade. Burge made 3 great saves second half ... sterling on the other had, absolute dog shite. Constantly gave the ball away, hoofed it, and looked generally all over the place. Honestly I’d have taken him off before half time! I’d reverse his and Kelly’s scores

He really wasn’t that bad. You could say exactly the same about every other defender for the first 45 minutes but for some mental reason, Sterling is Satan. Kelly was poor, he’s coming back from fitness, bad day at the office, he’ll be back as normal soon

Nick

Administrator
Kelly a 3 and sterling a 5 same as burge ???... Kelly closed the ball downquite well I thought and at least made a fewgood passes before he started to fade. Burge made 3 great saves second half ... sterling on the other had, absolute dog shite. Constantly gave the ball away, hoofed it, and looked generally all over the place. Honestly I’d have taken him off before half time! I’d reverse his and Kelly’s scores
Kelly could have cost us about 3 more goals, didn't he give the foul away for one of them too by being behind the pace? Willis cost us the first goal as well.

luwalla

Kelly could have cost us about 3 more goals, didn't he give the foul away for one of them too by being behind the pace? Willis cost us the first goal as well.
And neither had as bad a game as sterling... he obviously has talent, and was maybe just an off day. But sterling was terrible

eastwoodsdustman

Sterling was awful. Looked ponderous on the ball. Slow getting to the ball. Slipped a few times and got caught the wrong side of his man a few times. Apart from that he has had a decent game today

luwalla

To be fair, I accept the point about the rest of the defence ... not a good display all round, lack of concentration and quality all round today

Old Warwickshire lad

Sterling was awful. Looked ponderous on the ball. Slow getting to the ball. Slipped a few times and got caught the wrong side of his man a few times. Apart from that he has had a decent game today
Unfortunately Sterling is constantly getting caught the wrong side of his man,and if Kelly is not yet fit he should not be selected.So you have to ask why he was thrown in to early.

eastwoodsdustman

As did Kelly, Willis did for their goal too
Willis got caught after Sterling went over unchallenged leaving him with some ground to make up to put in a challenge. Kelly got caught in possession a few times as did all of the midfield, This was more down to both teams tactics than individual errors.
Just seen the goals back on tv and think Sterling didn't track his man for the second either.

Londonccfcfan

Can't agree with Thomas 5. Thought he stood out for both effort and creativity.

Between him and Hyam for MoM for me.
I agree thought Thomas was only bright spark for us. Needs to work on final pass/shot...but he does first bit well..

I have to single out Sterling...who looks a fish out of water.

clint van damme

Yeah. Thought he'd turned a corner last week but back to square 1 today.

covcity4life

Burge 5
Sterling 4
Hyam 6
Willis 4
Brown 5
Doyle 4
Kelly 3
Shipley 4
Thomas 4
Chaplin 6
Jch 4

Thompson 5
Andreu 6
Bakayoko 5

Pete in Portugal

Burge 5
Sterling 3
Hyam 6
Willis 5
Brown 6
Doyle 5
Kelly 4
Shipley 4
Thomas 5
Chaplin 6
JCH 4

Thompson 5
Andreu 7
Bakayoko - not enough time to rate him. I thought he should have come on 10 mins earlier, given that we were 3-1 down and JCH was clearly struggling.

Warwickhunt

looked like Sterling missed the ball where as Willis was expcting him to cut it out and therefore it put Willis on the back foot

Users who are viewing this thread