Player ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure there was anybody who came out of it with much credit. Only really mcnulty and maybe Kelly / Doyle for the first half.

Greggs

Jodi Jones gets worse every week. Spent more time with his hands on hips, fastest he moved was in the last minute to make sure he got to take the free kick. Plays for himself and not the team. Needs dropping or selling.

Otis

I'm not sure there was anybody who came out of it with much credit. Only really mcnulty and maybe Kelly / Doyle for the first half.
I thought McDonald and Willis handled their strikers pretty well. It was down the flanks we struggled.

Burge - 6 (would need to see the goal again though. It was hardly a rocket, so not sure if he could have done better)

Grimmer 5

Willis 6.5

McDonald 6.5

Haynes 5

Vincenti 6

Doyle 5

Kelly 6

Jones 3

Ponticelli 5.5

McNulty 6.5

torchomatic

I thought McNulty was the stand out first half and was unlucky not to get a goal. they were all pretty useless second half.

Grendel

Burge 6
Grimmer 5
Willis 5
McDonald 4
Haynes 3
Doyle 4
Kelly 4
Vincenti 3
Jones 4 (the notion he was worse than vincenti is laughable)
McNulty 6
Ponticelli 4

Biamou 4

Otis

Burge 6
Grimmer 5
Willis 5
McDonald 4
Haynes 3
Doyle 4
Kelly 4
Vincenti 3
Jones 4 (the notion he was worse than vincenti is laughable)
McNulty 6
Ponticelli 4

Biamou 4
Jones WAS worse than Vincenti. Vincenti came close to scoring and won a number of headers. Jones did nothing all game.

stupot07

Burge 8
Grimmer 4
Willis 5
McDonald 5
Haynes 5
Doyle 5
Kelly 5
Vincenti 4
McNulty 6
Ponticelli 5
Jones 3

Biamou 6
Davies 6

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the rumpo kid

Credit where credits due. They weren't a bad team. Stronger going forward and good enough against weak city front line . 3 good chances for us i n the first 15 mins . there keeper did well . but as for Jones , he showed today why we should capitalise on him in January. He won't make it any higher than this division . sell him and buy there centre forward , he had a great game ax did there guy on the left. . still we didn't deserve to lose

Londonccfcfan

Burge 6....need to see goal again....seemed like a limp left hand.
Grimmer 5
Willis 6
Rod 6
Haynes 4. ....was awful did not link well at all with Jones, and kicked everything into touch.
Doyle 6
Kelly 6
Jones 2......that was worst seen him play....didn't want the ball...didn't look interested. Should have been substituted for Shipley at end of first half.
Vincent's 5.....Won a few good defensive headers ! Apart from that nothing.
JP...4.....8/10.....getting into good goal scoring position. Spurned two decent chances.
..............0/10......Cannot hold the ball up....has no strength.
McNulty 5.5.....made good runs...not spotted by anyone, worked hard. Should have shot when clean through on 10th minute.

Davies...5
Biamou..5.....held ball up well, showed what we missed.

Robins 5.....marked down as Jones should have been taken off.

Gazolba

No-one giving Robins a rating?
He picked the team and tactics and decided the subs.

mark82

Jones WAS worse than Vincenti. Vincenti came close to scoring and won a number of headers. Jones did nothing all game.

I'm with Grendel on this one. Vincenti was worse. Jones wasn't as good as he can be but still at least offered some sort of threat.

Otis

I'm with Grendel on this one. Vincenti was worse. Jones wasn't as good as he can be but still at least offered some sort of threat.
Vincenti could have scored and was a whisker away from doing so. I would call that offering some sort of threat, albeit it was just the one occasion.

mark82

Vincenti could have scored and was a whisker away from doing so. I would call that offering some sort of threat, albeit it was just the one occasion.

He just frustrates me massively. Looks so out of control. Lost the ball a lot. Prefer Biamou.

I don't remember the chance to be honest.

Otis

He just frustrates me massively. Looks so out of control. Lost the ball a lot. Prefer Biamou.

I don't remember the chance to be honest.
Think it was a whipped in cross from Haynes, Vincenti dived in , in the 6 yard box and it just missed him. Second half.

PVA

Think it was a whipped in cross from Haynes, Vincenti dived in , in the 6 yard box and it just missed him. Second half.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he didn't 'nearly score' - he missed the ball completely. You don't get much further from scoring than missing the ball, let alone calling it 'nearly' scoring!

He was terrible today and offered nothing, as he does most weeks.

A quick winger is priority in January.

Grendel

I think you were at another game - I can’t even recall that!

Otis

I think you were at another game - I can’t even recall that!
Definitely happened. Vincenti and their defender both ended up in a heap in the 6 yard box. Would guess it was about 10-15 mins into the second half.

Grendel

Otis

Vincenti? What did he do well? Can you recall this chance?
Someone must have seen it. Otherwise I am going insane.

I'm not convinced it was Haynes put the ball over, but someone did, from the left into the 6 yard box.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Someone must have seen it. Otherwise I am going insane.

I'm not convinced it was Haynes out the ball over, but someone did, from the left into the 6 yard box.

No you ate right. The ball came across and Vicente running in from the touchline to six yard line) was on goal side of defender and wasn’t strong enough to hold off the defender and both fell into each other and ball out for goal kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

No you ate right. The ball came across and Vicente running in from the touchline to six yard line) was on goal side of defender and wasn’t strong enough to hold off the defender and both fell into each other and ball out for goal kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yay!! Not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane....

Grendel

Yay!! Not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane, not insane....

But hardly a chance he just fell over!

Burge 7 - Some excellent positioning and surprisingly good kicking today too.
Grimmer 6 - Did not link well with Vincenti but a reasonable performance before being subbed.
Willis 6 - Played it too safe with route one defending but still can't be too critical.
McDonald 6 - Assured but unspectacular performance.
Haynes 5 - Did not link well with Jones. Still looks unconvincing in defence.
Doyle 6 - Busy but to little effect.
Kelly 6 - A marginally more dynamic performance than Doyle but still no real creativity.
Vincenti 5 - Harsh to judge him for his lack of creativity as he will only ever be a defensive wide man. His use of the right leaves the team looking unbalanced but thats not really his fault. Should win more headers and gives away lazy fouls. Actually thought he had a reasonable performance before dropping out of the game and rightfully being substituted.
McNulty 5 - Getting better ever week BUT the absolute epitome of a confidence player. Good first half. Seems to go missing for five minutes every time something doesn't quite go to plan. Hardly noticed him in the second half. If he can't sort his head out he hasn't got a future in the game.
Ponticelli 5 - Made some good moves and got into some good positions. Should've scored. Not really ready for first team football but acquitted himself well enough. Still the best we've got at the moment so worth persisting.
Jones 5 - Hugely frustrating. End product is lacking consistently. Over hyped. Not our best player. Still bags of potential but not good enough to build a team around. Might be worth considering dropping him for a game to remind him he's not indispensable.

Biamou 6 - Wins headers. Doesn't look like scoring. Like McNulty getting better. Like McNulty still not good enough.
Davies 6 - Did nothing wrong in his time on the pitch. Should offer more of a threat from set pieces though (goes for all our centre backs though!)

Otis

But hardly a chance he just fell over!
I said he could have scored. How come you are now saying he fell over, but don't even remember it?

Others are using the word 'chance,' but I would say it probably was. Could easily have scored there and when the ball came over I thought he WAS going to score.

I don't believe he 'fell over' I think he was sliding in to try and get on the end of the opportunity.

clint van damme

I can't agree with that. I've defended Vincenti but I thought he was very poor today. I do wonder if we're playing him in the right position to get the best out of him.

singers_pore

I think what this game has shown is that we are totally fucked up front. I was holding out a small hope that Ponti could be our main scorer but it doesn't look like he is strong enough at the moment.

McNulty and Biamou are very poor. Even when they are playing better than normal (e.g., McNulty in the first half today) I am yet to see a game where I think "Gosh, McNulty and Biamou are looking dangerous, I think we should score a few goals here."

The bottom line is that if we don't secure a goal scorer in January we will have zero chance of promotion. No doubt people like Otis will say I am being overly pessimistic. But he says that every season and he is wrong year after year.

Otis

I have to agree I don’t remember the Vincenti “chance”. Maybe it’s because if there was one I had zero expectation he would do anything with it, hence didn’t really miss anything.
I honestly thought he was going to score. Just needed the merest touch.

I love the way Grendel always tries to pick apart what people have said and it's usually comments with a degree of opinion and not certainty, but then find that what HE has said himself are usually way OTT and rather wild, i.e the 'stonewall' penalty that many don't believe was a penalty at all. Yep, could have been a pen, but 'stonewall?' And then the ridiculously over the top comment about Biamou's header, where Grendel was talking about it being so soft someone could have come back from the half way line to stop it going in, or words to that effect.

It's incredibly daft. Grendel is one with all the 'he's not good enough,' 'he's crap' and 'this was this,' while others say things like I don't believe it was a penalty, where there is room for debate, not just this is this because I say it is.

Laughable. Which is also what he said about anyone who came to the conclusion that Jones was worse than Vincenti and pretty much soon after, some others came to the exact same conclusion and rated Jones lower than Vincenti.

Otis

I can't agree with that. I've defended Vincenti but I thought he was very poor today. I do wonder if we're playing him in the right position to get the best out of him.
What did Jones do? At least Vincenti was winning some headers and had a couple of occasions where he helped the defence out. One incidence in the first half where their player was bringing the ball down inside the penalty are readying himself to shoot and Vincenti promptly came in and nicked the ball off his foot to prevent a goal bound attempt.

I don't think Vincenti did play well. I just thought he was average at best.

Otis

But he didn't ... because he is shit ... which is what a lot of people on here are trying to explain to you.
Have I argued that? I am just saying he did more than Jones because he got himself into a position where he could well have scored.

Jones on the other hand, did nothing.

clint van damme

What did Jones do? At least Vincenti was winning some headers and had a couple of occasions where he helped the defence out. One incidence in the first half where their player was bringing the ball down inside the penalty are readying himself to shoot and Vincenti promptly came in and nicked the ball off his foot to prevent a goal bound attempt.

I don't think Vincenti did play well. I just thought he was average at best.

Jones didn't have his best game but I think there's too much of a burden on him to give us a spark because if he doesn't do it then, (in the absence of the Duck) it seems no one does.

Otis

Jones didn't have his best game but I think there's too much of a burden on him to give us a spark because if he doesn't do it then, (in the absence of the Duck) it seems no one does.
I personally am not a big fan of Vincenti. I don't think he's terrible, but for me he lacks pace and strength and on the right really does very little to help create any chances as such.

What we need is a Jones type on both wings.

Users who are viewing this thread