Player ratings (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So as a distraction from the crap being talked in other threads (no surprise some people are doing there best to distract from a win) I thought I'd put some ratings up

Burge 7- Probably his best game, nothing outstanding. Two decentish saves and the rest of his game ok, its something to build on
Ricketts 6- Solid in defense, didn't offer much going forward
Martin 7- Another solid display, been impressed with him since he came back in the Burton match
Reda 7- Another dominating display by the big man, hope he can keep the errors out and stay injury free
Stokes 6- See Ricketts
Fleck 8- Another good display, used the ball intelligently and was aggressive in the midfield
Vincelot 7- Great attitude and desire
O'Brien 6- Good endeavor as you expect, wasteful at time
Kent 8- Just drifted past players time and time again, brilliant to watch. Needs to work on end product though, had a goal wrongly ruled out
Murphy 8- Same as Kent, was just breezing past the defenders. Denied several times by good saves
Armstrong 7- Looked sharp again, took his goal really well as its only a half chance really. Should have hit the target in the first half

Fortune 6- Held up the ball well and was strong, wasteful in good positions though on two occasions
Lamieras 7- Helped bring a bit more control to our game in the closing stages to see the match out

Back to keeping clean sheets and looking solid is really promising, we've looked strong in defence since Ricketts has switched to full back and Martin has filled in the centre. Going forward we were exciting but wasteful.

H

hiddenskyblue

How can anyone give Stokes a 6, was good going forward and more than solid defensively.

D

Deleted member 2477

Would fully agree with that and between murphy and fleck for mom

ptr

Agree with all that, been highly critical of Martin before now but seems a lot more comfortable on the ball, won a lot in the air. Makes a difference playing with other experienced defenders.

Special mention for Stokes as well doing a solid job at left back, looking faster and stronger every game and plays with a bit of passion. Bargain

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody notice Stokes when he out paced their Winger to get back? Looks much quicker now!

ptr

Did anybody notice Stokes when he out paced their Winger to get back? Looks much quicker now!

Yep, wouldn't have been able to do that last year. Has obvsiously worked very hard on his fitness and his game in general. Have a lot of respect for him.

stupot07

Burge 7
Ricketts 7
Martin 7
Johnson 7
Stokes 7
Vincelot 7
Fleck 8
JOB 7
Kent 7
Murphy 7
Armstrong 7

Subs
Fortune 6
Lamieres 7

A few might have had higher scores had their end product been better. Thought Murphy was outstanding carrying the ball, but often wasteful, same as Kent. We we just didn't test the keeper enough. A really good team performance though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Grendel

Burge - 6
Ricketts - 7
Stokes - 7
Johnson - 7
Martin - 8
Vincelotte - 6
Fleck - 8
Armstrong - 7
Murphy - 9
Kent - 8
Job - 7

Subs

Fortune - 6
Lameries - 7

Osullivan18

Burge 7
Rickets 7
Johnson 7.5
Martin 7
Stokes 7.5
Vincelot 7
Fleck 8.5
Murphy 8
Kent 8
O'Brien 6.5
Armstrong 7.5

shmmeee

Burge - 7
Ricketts - 7
Stokes - 7
Martin - 7
Reda - 8
Vincelot - 7
Fleck - 8
JOB - 7
Kent - 8
Murphy - 9
Armstrong - 7

Fortune - 7
Lameiras- 7

Thought everyone did well today. Murphy and Fleck in particular were outstanding.

Otis

Burge - 7
Ricketts - 7
Stokes - 7
Martin - 7
Reda - 8
Vincelot - 7
Fleck - 8
JOB - 7
Kent - 8
Murphy - 9
Armstrong - 7

Fortune - 7
Lameiras- 7

Thought everyone did well today. Murphy and Fleck in particular were outstanding.
Pretty much agree with that. Murphy MOTM for me. He ran them ragged. Kent looks like he is going to be a very good player for Liverpool and Armstrong was back again to his dangerous best.

Thought all our back four were steady, where Martin and Reda especially stood out and it was really nice to see Burge have a steady game too.

JOB looked like he lost weight to me. Result of the gastroenteritis perhaps? Anyway, he looked a little lost, but that could well be down to the illness.

Don't think anyone had a bad game ...... well apart from the ref, who I would give 0 out of 10. Still shaking my head as to how he failed to send that Morsy off for them. Unbelievable.

The cynical pull back of Vincelot was a 100% nailed on booking all day long. Incredible that no yellow was shown for that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Pretty much agree with that. Murphy MOTM for me. He ran them ragged. Kent looks like he is going to be a very good player for Liverpool and Armstrong was back again to his dangerous best.

Thought all our back four were steady, where Martin and Reda especially stood out and it was really nice to see Burge have a steady game too.

JOB looked like he lost weight to me. Result of the gastroenteritis perhaps? Anyway, he looked a little lost, but that could well be down to the illness.

Don't think anyone had a bad game ...... well apart from the ref, who I would give 0 out of 10. Still shaking my head as to how he failed to send that Morsy off for them. Unbelievable.

The cynical pull back of Vincelot was a 100% nailed on booking all day long. Incredible that no yellow was shown for that.

Whatever it was it made his facial hair fall out as well

Terry Gibson's perm

Burge - 7
Ricketts - 7
Stokes - 7
Martin - 7
Reda - 8
Vincelot - 7
Fleck - 8
JOB - 7
Kent - 8
Murphy - 9
Armstrong - 7

Fortune - 7
Lameiras- 7

Agree with this Murphy was excellent he had far too much pace for whichever of their players he chose to beat if he had the end product more often we would have scored five but equally if he did have it he would be back at Norwich doing it for them.

georgehudson

it's all about opinion,
Burge 8
Ricketts 8
Johnson 9
Stokes 8
Vincelot 8
Fleck 9
O'brien 8
Murphy 9
Kent 8
Armstrong 8
Lameiras 8
Fortune 8
as TM said,
we had 26 shots & only 1 goal so we'll be working on that,

curly_tom

I agree with most of that. I don't think anyone should get less than 7 and some players like Fleck and the 3 forwards should get more. Very good second half and ended up disappointed not to get a couple more. It seems the offside was on as well.

Users who are viewing this thread