Rose 6
Maatsen 4
Kelly 4
Hamer 5
O’Hare 6
Walker 7
Gyokeres 6
Think this is about right.

We fannied around in the tackle so much today it was quite embarrassing. Preston looked like men vs boys in every 50/50

I'll call this now too btw, take note. Refs aren't falling for o hares falling over. In fact they're now ignoring it. He needs to stay up

rob9872

Moore 7
Dabo 4
Hyam 5
McFadzean 6
Rose 5
Maatsen 5
Kelly 3
Hamer 5
O’Hare 7
Walker 7
Gyokeres 6

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Moore 6 - couldn’t do much about either goal
Dabo 5 - not as bad as the guy behind me thought he was but not good at all
Mcfadzean 7 - the best of a bad bunch
Rose 6 - wasn’t great but Maatsen dropped him in it a few times
Maatsen 4 - didn’t beat his man all game. Odd performance
Kelly 4 - awful. Didn’t get close to Johnson and terrible with the ball
Hamer 6 - nowhere near his best but still one of the better
O’Hare 5 - fell over a lot… but worked hard
Gyokores 5 - probably not fit
Walker 7 - took his goal well and actually linked up better first half than he usually does

We were better after the subs but it was dreadful. Long journey back down the M6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

Moore 7
Dabo 5
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Rose 6
Maatsen 5
Kelly 5
Hamer 6
O'Hare 7
Walker 7
Gyokeres 5

First half decent, second half piss poor.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Walker and O'Hare were decent.

Kelly, Dabo and Maatsen 4s.

Hamer had is worst game for us this season.

steve101

Kelly had a poor game with the ball tonight but disagree with the extremely low ratings. He does so much off the ball to negate the opposition's flow and actually shows some bite, which was otherwise missing.

Moore 6
Dabo 6
Maatsen 5
Hyam 6
McFadzean 6
Rose 7
Kelly 6
Hamer 6
O'Hare 6
Walker 7
Gyokeres 5

PVA

Some of these scores a bit harsh on Dabo I think, at times he looked our only attacking outlet!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Kelly had a poor game with the ball tonight but disagree with the extremely low ratings. He does so much off the ball to negate the opposition's flow and actually shows some bite, which was otherwise missing.

Moore 6
Dabo 6
Maatsen 5
Hyam 6
McFadzean 6
Rose 7
Kelly 6
Hamer 6
O'Hare 6
Walker 7
Gyokeres 5

He literally didn’t get near Johnson all game so no idea what he offered off the ball

The Philosopher

Moore 7.

Not a lot that he could do about either goal - distribution pretty good. Could have done with being a bit more urgent in the closing stages by trying to catch the opposition out with fast throws for the break.

Dabo 6.

Not his usual self but got forward well. Some decent crosses but defensive side not so good.

Hyam 5.

Second half couldn’t seem to get hold of the ball.

McFadzean 5

Would have for a 4 but for he got his act together for the final 20 minutes. All over the show positionally.

Rose 6

Some bits good, some bits bad. First half was an 8. Couldn’t get a grip defensively for large parts of the second half but got forward well.

Maatsen 4

Whoever was on the pitch wasn’t Maatsen. Didn’t even look like him - you can’t fool me Chelsea, you’ve swapped him up for some non league trialist.

Kelly 5

Plays better sitting in front of the back 4. For some reason seemed to have the game pass him by in the second half. Can’t see why - might have to watch back again.

Hamer 5

Same as Kelly. Set pieces poor.

O’Hare 7

Kept going, caused problems first half, got a couple of good blocks in.

Walker 7

Gets a 7 because of the goal. He’s a poacher and without having a target man then he’s only playing on scraps. Pointless without Vik alongside him.

Gyokeres 7

Was a threat so long as he was on the pitch but not his usual dynamite.

subs

Waghorn. 5

Ok. I’m not seeing his contribution. Stat Gimps - am I missing something? Not an Investment player, not a target man, not a poacher. School me - im not seeing it.

Allen 6

Straight swap for O’Hare but seemed to just get pushed around.

Sheaf 6

I tried to watch with an open mind. Some neat backwards / side wards / short passing. Long passes iffy. He’s not a kingpin type player I just don’t see the attraction. Sorry.

Frostie

He just is poor with the ball at this level unfortunately.
He did some good stuff too though & it also relies on Hamer doing his job properly as well. It's fairly commonplace for Hamer to lose defensive discipline & press too high up, naively getting sucked in trying to nick the ball & leaving acres in behind him which is what happened a few times tonight, earning Kelly his yellow card on one occasion.
The 2 together didn't work at all tonight.

Greggs

Anyone rating Robbins? What do you reckon he said at half time?

Adge

Moore 6. Few decent punches and mostly assured but near post for the 2nd goal?

Dabs 5. One of his poorer displays.

Maatsen 4. An absolute stinker but an assist for the Preston 1st goal I guess!

McFadz 6. Mediocre.

Hyam 5. Got turned far too easily on occasions and especially for the 2nd goal.

Rose 6. Best of the back 5.

Kelly 5. Not really at the races.

O’Hare 5. Tried hard as usual but not his day.

Hamer 5. Too often looking for the Hollywood ball and silly flicks.

Walker 6. Not everyone’s cup of tea but knows where the net is!

Vic 5. Clearly still feeling the knock after Saturday.

Subs
Sheaf 4 Wagga 4 Allen 4

Robins 4 Fair play to him though-admitted afterwards he got it wrong.

Every cloud though, someone tried to talk me into going but I gave it a miss 👍

Last edited:

rob9872

Some of these scores a bit harsh on Dabo I think, at times he looked our only attacking outlet!
Totally a fault for the second goal and dived in the box early on were two howlers. Distribution and crossing not great either. Big Fanky fan but one of his worst games for us Oxford apart of course!

Sky Blue Pete

Totally a fault for the second goal and dived in the box early on were two howlers. Distribution and crossing not great either. Big Fanky fan but one of his worst games for us Oxford apart of course!
Totally at fault for the second goal is just magnificent. Surprised sheaf didn’t get the blame. Wow! Night all

stupot07

Moore 6
Dabo 4
Hyam 6
McFadzean 6
Rose 7
Maatsen 4
Kelly 4
Hamer 6
O'Hare 6
Gyokeres 6
Walker 7

Subs
Sheaf 6
Waghorn 4
Allen 4

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

Moore 7
Dabo 5
Hyam 6
Fadz 7
Rose7
Maatsen 4
Hamer 7
Kelly 6
Ohare 6
Walker 7
Gyokores 6 - looked injured to me

allen 5
Sheaf 6
Waghorn 5

shmmeee

Thought Moore could’ve done better with both goals actually. Dabo and Maatsen poor, Kelly league one standard again, Hamer anonymous, Rose was decent but his ability with the ball completely nullified on the left.

Still need that LCB, LWB, AM in January really.

Kane, JCS and Sheaf in for me against Derby.

rob9872

Totally at fault for the second goal is just magnificent. Surprised sheaf didn’t get the blame. Wow! Night all
Committed a needless foul, then walked away not even watching the ball as it went in behind where he should have been. Short of actually scoring it he couldn't have been more at fault!

Marty

Moore 6
Dabo 4
Hyam 5
McFadzean 6
Rose 5
Maatsen 5
Kelly 4
Hamer 6
O'Hare 6
Gyokeres 5
Walker 6

Need to bring in better then Hyam and Rose, Kelly was poor, game past him by, Gyorkeres was clearly carrying a knock.

Dreadful performance from the first whistle, starting to think I shouldn't bother with away games if these are the kind of performances we get.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Thought Moore could’ve done better with both goals actually. Dabo and Maatsen poor, Kelly league one standard again, Hamer anonymous, Rose was decent but his ability with the ball completely nullified on the left.

Still need that LCB, LWB, AM in January really.

Kane, JCS and Sheaf in for me against Derby.

I’ve not seen the second back but think you are being very harsh on the first

fernandopartridge

Moore 6
Hyam 5
McFadz 5
Rose 5
Dabo 5
Maatsen 5
Kelly 5
Hamer 6
O'Hare 6
Gyokeres 6
Walker 6

Subs
Allen 6
Waghorn 5
Sheaf 6

Robins 5

fernandopartridge

He did nothing to stop the flow, he didn't get around the pitch anywhere near enough with or without the ball. He stayed sat just in front of the centre backs all night, when we won the ball back he gave us nothing and when Preston started to move the ball second half he was nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread