Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Players left on the pitch were struggling to move.

Kastaneer, what the fuck? Somebody needs to drag him and have a word.

Dabo was unlucky to be booked.

McCallum was immense when he came on, Mason was also.

AFCCOVENTRY

Markosi 5
Dabo 4
Rose 6
McFazza 6
Mason 8
Kelly 8
Shipley 6
Westbrook 5
Hiwula 7
Godden 8
Jobello 6

McCallum 9
Kasteener 10 (impact sub)
Baka 5

TTG

U almost need to do 2 separate ones. One before, one after 60mins
It was just mental its so hard to do cause they were dreadful yet they managed to do that- that determination

Grendel

We are going to struggle Saturday to get a team on the pitch - Jobello injured as well we have no right side at all

Reactions: TTG

larry_david

I'm gonna try defend kast here... First yellow was a yellow. Second one the adrenaline is kicking in and he's enthusiasticly dived in from about 8 yards to presumably block the clearance. It was comical but it wasn't sinister. The ref could have easily given him a final warning to calm down. He'd been on about 6 minutes. Having said that I totally see why he went. It was reckless and comical.

Not sure if that defended him or not

Esoterica

iFollow ratings so 2/3s of a game!

Marosi 5 - gonna have some mistakes in him this season but not as many as Burge and can kick.
Dabo 6 - was playing well again before his bookings.
McFadzean 5 - at fault for the goal and like Kelly, unable to calm the game down enough.
Rose 5 - +1 for his goal but I'd be bringing in Hyam for a game on Saturday.
Mason 7 - Still getting stuck in in the last minute. Turning in consistent performances.
Kelly 6 - Didn't have his usual influence on the game either on the ball or calming his team mates
Shipley 6 - Covered a lot of ground, especially with 9 men but not a player to take the game by the scruff of the neck when it's needed.
Westbrooke 5 - Think he's an effective time and space player but Pompey didn't give him that and he struggled today. Wasted set plays too.
Jobello 5 - Really mixed bag tonight and apparently failed to track his man for the Pompey 2nd.
Godden 7 - Worked his nuts off. Looks a real threat when he is on the ball which was nowhere near as often as it should have been. Lovely pass for his assist and cool penalty.
Hiwula 6 - Great early goal but wasted another good chance soon after. Barely involved apart from that.

Mucca Mad Boys

We are going to struggle Saturday to get a team on the pitch - Jobello injured as well we have no right side at all

We’ll probably end up playing 3 at the back on Saturday. Personally, I think a 4-4-2 may be on the cards if we’re depleted.

Robins spoke of ‘changing shape’ if anything were to happen to Dabo.

shmmeee

The 9: 10
Dabo: ?? (Missed most of his contribution and his sending off)
Kastaneer: 10 for effort 1 for execution

Westbrooke: 6
Jobello: 6

east_midlands_skyblue

The effort they put in to that last 20 minutes means I can't fault any of them. Yeah, some silly mistakes, but the heart they showed to come back from that was immense. Very proud to be a City fan after that. Dabo was perhaps a touch unlucky, but Kastaneer needs to be making some big apologies to his team mates. I'm going to assume Robins will tear him a new one and that he'll score a hat trick at Watford to make amends.

Esoterica

We’ll probably end up playing 3 at the back on Saturday. Personally, I think a 4-4-2 may be on the cards if we’re depleted.

Think McCallum's cameo will tempt him to stay the same.

cooperskyblue

IFollow 0

The Team 10 - Great Character. I was resigned to us losing 4 or 5. But amazing response from them considering the errors that certain individuals made and the sending offs.

Evo1883

All il say is, I'm delighted with the 9 that stayed on the pitch, it can't be easy at an intimidating ground.

As for the rest inclusing jobello, I can forgive people for making mistakes and having shit days... We move on

Esoterica

How about the rest of the team?

I could see us playing Bakayoko and Gooden upfront and working around that v Gillingham.
Same team if Jobello recovers from his knock except for our new attacking midfield loanee in for Westbrooke and McCallum in at RB. Hopefully Allen back on the bench after a weeks training with a sub appearance.

CanadianCCFC

I'm gonna try defend kast here... First yellow was a yellow. Second one the adrenaline is kicking in and he's enthusiasticly dived in from about 8 yards to presumably block the clearance. It was comical but it wasn't sinister. The ref could have easily given him a final warning to calm down. He'd been on about 6 minutes. Having said that I totally see why he went. It was reckless and comical.

Not sure if that defended him or not
The first yellow was absolutely stupid too. Just watching back some important moments and it was awful.

Edit: About Kastaneer*

fernandopartridge

Marosi 6 (couple of decent saves second half)
Dabo 4
McFadzean 6
Rose 7
Mason 8
Kelly 8
Shipley 6
Westbrooke 5
Jobello 6
Godden 8
Hiwula 7

Kastaneer 3
Bakayoko 6
McCallum 8

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Rose can play right back and Hyam CB - Westbrook ideally will be left out and we have no natural wide right option

Our squad is paper thin

covcity4life

From interupppted ifollow

Marosi 5
Mcfadzen 6
Rose 5
Dabo 5
Mason 7
Shipley 6
Kelly 8
Westbrooke 5
Hiwulla 6
Jobello 4
Godden 7

Kastaneer 4
Mcallum 6
Baka 6

skyblue025

Buzzing to get a draw feels like a win but in all honesty we were poor until the red cards. Passing was really poor. Defending was kamikaze. Pompey had a high press and we struggled with it at times. Thought they were a poor side. Big team will try and bully teams. There 11 looked a good player and Marquis put a proper shift in. We gifted them 2 goals which was more than they deserved.

Marosi 5. If Burge had put in that performance he would be crucified. 2nd goal 100% his fault. Will have to see the first one again but he seemed to go out then stop, went back and stopped got nowhere near the cross or the header. His kicking was poor as well. Made a couple of routine saves.

Dabo 4 was targeted and their 11 had the better of him in the air and on the ground. As soon as he got the first yellow you could see the red coming. Kept giving fouls away until the inevitable. Leaves us in the shit with no other right back available.

Mason 8. MOM for me. Put in a massive shift got forwards and back again. Defended well when called up on.

McFadz 5 poor on the ball his passing was hit and miss. Won his fair share of headers but gifted them the 3rd goal.

Rose 6 Extra point for the goal. Poor distribution some of it suicidal first half. Looked like he had never played with the team before. Great finish though.

Kelly 7 often looked isolated did his job well won the penalty and had a great shot saved.

Shipley 6 Worked hard but ineffective for long spells. Put some good delivery in from set pieces.

Westbrooke 5 seemed overrun and lightweight. When on the ball looked tidy but not often enough.

Jabello 6 looked threatening but again wasn’t busy enough. Was surprised he got pushed off the ball so easy. Put some decent crosses in.

Hiwula 7. Great goal and he went box to box on the counter. Didn’t panic when he got the ball, took a touch and smashed it in. Drifts in and out of the game but had the beating of their full back time and again.

Godden 7 Ran himself into the ground against 2 big centre half’s. Scored the pen and had another chance saved by the keeper.

Kastaneer 4 ran about like a headless chicken. First booking was a definite 2nd looked a bit harsh. He made a genuine attempt to get the ball but got there a split second late. Looked worse than it was. Ref was about 35 yards away when he made the decision to send him off.

McCallum 7 was fantastic for the time he was on. Tackled everything and broke up play. Passed it simple and ran after everything. Played right back as an emergency. Not sure if he can do a full game on the wrong side.

Baka 6 Tracked back really well to cover McCallum. Didn’t really get a chance to attack much.

All players get an 8 for the last 25 min.

Ref was abysmal. Looked overweight and couldn’t keep up with play. Often in poor positions and a long way from the ball.

SBA 10, could barely hear the Pompey fans.

cc84cov

Buzzing to get a draw feels like a win but in all honesty we were poor until the red cards. Passing was really poor. Defending was kamikaze. Pompey had a high press and we struggled with it at times. Thought they were a poor side. Big team will try and bully teams. There 11 looked a good player and Marquis put a proper shift in. We gifted them 2 goals which was more than they deserved.

Marosi 5. If Burge had put in that performance he would be crucified. 2nd goal 100% his fault. Will have to see the first one again but he seemed to go out then stop, went back and stopped got nowhere near the cross or the header. His kicking was poor as well. Made a couple of routine saves.

Dabo 4 was targeted and their 11 had the better of him in the air and on the ground. As soon as he got the first yellow you could see the red coming. Kept giving fouls away until the inevitable. Leaves us in the shit with no other right back available.

Mason 8. MOM for me. Put in a massive shift got forwards and back again. Defended well when called up on.

McFadz 5 poor on the ball his passing was hit and miss. Won his fair share of headers but gifted them the 3rd goal.

Rose 6 Extra point for the goal. Poor distribution some of it suicidal first half. Looked like he had never played with the team before. Great finish though.

Kelly 7 often looked isolated did his job well won the penalty and had a great shot saved.

Shipley 6 Worked hard but ineffective for long spells. Put some good delivery in from set pieces.

Westbrooke 5 seemed overrun and lightweight. When on the ball looked tidy but not often enough.

Jabello 6 looked threatening but again wasn’t busy enough. Was surprised he got pushed off the ball so easy. Put some decent crosses in.

Hiwula 7. Great goal and he went box to box on the counter. Didn’t panic when he got the ball, took a touch and smashed it in. Drifts in and out of the game but had the beating of their full back time and again.

Godden 7 Ran himself into the ground against 2 big centre half’s. Scored the pen and had another chance saved by the keeper.

Kastaneer 4 ran about like a headless chicken. First booking was a definite 2nd looked a bit harsh. He made a genuine attempt to get the ball but got there a split second late. Looked worse than it was. Ref was about 35 yards away when he made the decision to send him off.

McCallum 7 was fantastic for the time he was on. Tackled everything and broke up play. Passed it simple and ran after everything. Played right back as an emergency. Not sure if he can do a full game on the wrong side.

Baka 6 Tracked back really well to cover McCallum. Didn’t really get a chance to attack much.

All players get an 8 for the last 25 min.

Ref was abysmal. Looked overweight and couldn’t keep up with play. Often in poor positions and a long way from the ball.

SBA 10, could barely hear the Pompey fans.
Dabo was up against one of the best wingers in the league tonight mate with no help from Jobello it was always going to be hard going for him on a Tuesday night at Pompey

Users who are viewing this thread