Player ratings vs Gillingham (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Allsop - 6 - Made a couple of good stops but didn't have much to .
Willis - 7 - MOTM Solid defensively and alright going forward.
Martin - 6 - Won a lot in the air but wasn't great.
Webster - 6 - same as martin really.
Haynes - 5 - In affective again and gave away a penalty looked like he won the ball though.
Swanson - 7 - great first half won a penalty and was very direct. Didn't do anything second half though.
Fleck - 7 - a few good passes and a couple of decent runs.
Thomas - 5 - Did nothing all game.
Nouble - 6 - Didn't really get into the game, average performance.
Jackson - 6 - Touch was poor but got into a few good positions.
Madine - 7 - Good penalty and won a few headers.

Bench
Barton - 5 - Did nothing.
Finch - 4 - How is he a footballer.
Miller - 5 - Did nothing

stupot07

Haynes - 5 - In affective again and gave away a penalty looked like he won the ball though.
Swanson - 7 - great first half won a penalty and was very direct. Didn't do anything second half though.

Bench
Miller - 5 - Did nothing

Now I wasn't there today but did listen to it.

We lost 3-1 away from home against a team below us in a relegation fight, we hardly tested their keeper, they had more possession than us, more than twice as many goal attempts as us, Allsop made more saves, hit the bar, more shots on target, more corners.....

....yet 9 of our starting line up get a 6+ of 10???? Sorry don't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Now I wasn't there today but did listen to it.

We lost 3-1 away from home against a team below us in a relegation fight, we hardly tested there keeper, they had more possession than us, more than twice as many goal attempts as us, Allsop made more saves, hit the bar, more shots on target, more corners.....

....yet 9 of our starting line up get a 6+ of 10???? Sorry don't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Was going to say the same thing. They had 19 shots on target, the majority of possession and scored 3 goals and yet these ratings would normally be associated with that of a good solid performance.

stupot07

Was going to say the same thing. They had 19 shots on target, the majority of possession and scored 3 goals and yet these ratings would normally be associated with that of a good solid performance.

Yep, they're the type of marks I would give for a solid winning performance. Again I wasn't there, but interesting thomas gets a 5, yet had already gone off when we conceded those 3 goals, yet fleck gets a 7?

cloughie

Bench
Miller - 5 - Did nothing

How is your Labrador doing?

The Lurker

You are very generous with those ratings. Allsop, one if his better games for us lol. Defence was woeful, all a 5 at best. Fleck showed some nice touches but no creative skills once again. Thomas - did he even play? Swanson patches of good football but no real threat apart from the pen. Forwards not much service again. Nouble is awful I don't know why everyone on here wank about him being a great player. He's average at best and one of the reasons why we are facing a relegation battle.

Apart from 20 mins either side of the break we were poor against a team whose form was worse then ours. Sorry, I like Pressley but enough is enough. Time to go

J

Jack Griffin

A measured view..

Ben Mayhew @experimental361 · 2h 2 hours ago
... from yesterday, updated attack & defence graphics for League 1: http://experimental361.com/2015/01/17/league-1-update-17-jan-2015/ … ...
B7lY_OeCQAEpJjq.png

There are a couple more graphics on the site linked that do not make great reading either.

Where's Jarni?

Thanks for sharing this JG. As a data geek, I usually love this stuff but man is it depressing! The chart highlighting our "ineffective" attack rings very true.

Hobo

A measured view..

There are a couple more graphics on the site linked that do not make great reading either.

To be that ineffective on the pitch over 90 minutes it says more about the players than the manager or tactics. That comes from just not performing.

Users who are viewing this thread