Marosi 7
Giles 6.5
Rose 6
Fadz 8
Hyam 6
Mccalum 7
Allen 7
Sheaf 8
O hare 4(poor game for me, and should have scored 2)
Shipley 7
Godden 6

lord_garrincha

Best start to a game this season, and best finish to a game too.

Kelly coming on changed us, Allen looked much better for it. I hope he is fully fit Saturday.

O'Hare had a bad night. He will know that. Hopefully he gets it out of his system Saturday.

The new buzz phrase in sports is 'believe in the process'... If they do that, and keep true to how they played last season, they will get better and so will the results... He hopes!

ccfcway

a 1-1 draw with a very competitive championship team.

Be interested to see how these ratings compare to when we drew 0-0 with the mighty championship Birmingham last season in the FA cup with essentially what is almost the same team.

Sky Blue XI that day : Marko Marosi (GK), Fankaty Dabo, Michael Rose, Kyle McFadzean, Dom Hyam, Sam McCallum, Callum O’Hare 68’ , Liam Kelly (C), Liam Walsh, Jordan Shipley, Matty Godden.

steve101

Marosi 6 (not convinced with his handling tonight)
McCallum 7 (battled well and quick reaction leading to goal)
Giles 6 (some good moments but should have scored and weak heading defensively)
Rose 7 (used the ball well and steady at the back)
McFadzean 7 (hesitancy lead to their goal but made up for it with some dominant heading)
Hyam 7 (typical steady performance)
Sheaf 8 (easily his best game. Kept the ball much better. Great ball for O'Hare chance)
Allen 8 (motm. Broke up play well and for a little guy won his fair share of headers. Unlucky with disallowed goal. Kept busy for 90 minutes)
O'Hare 5 ( didn't affect the game like he can. Missed a sitter)
Godden 7 (lovely cut-back for the assist and set up Sheaf with a nice touch. Should have done better with first half chance)
Shipley 7 (great goal and exquisite chip for Godden chance. Went missing second half. Looked to me as if he was feeling ill rather than injured)

Kelly 7 ( assured. Good to have him back)
Pask 6 ( not on long enough to rate more but did fine)

Gripe - like last match why didn't Robins bring Max on for last 10 minutes? He would have relished the opportunities we had.

cc84cov

Thought rose was poor passing off getting sucked in and positional awareness was awful at times,Allen & Shipley played well as did McCallum,O’Hare had to score that chance it’s that simple but we should kf really had max or Baka on at that point who would of put that away,Sheaf MOTM just ahead of mcfadz whos Been the stand out player so far this season...

We should of won

lord_garrincha

Be interested to see how these ratings compare to when we drew 0-0 with the mighty championship Birmingham last season in the FA cup with essentially what is almost the same team.

Not sure, but there will be a few comments from that game saying how on earth did O'Hare miss that sitter to win the game.

So nothing like this match ;)

Grendel

Thought rose was poor passing off getting sucked in and positional awareness was awful at times,Allen & Shipley played well as did McCallum,O’Hare had to score that chance it’s that simple but we should kf really had max or Baka on at that point who would of put that away,Sheaf MOTM just ahead of mcfadz whos Been the stand out player so far this season...

We should of won

It’s silly to say Biamou or Bakayoko would have scored as they wouldn’t have been in that position - they never are

Londonccfcfan

Marosi 7
Macallum 8
Rose 6
Mcfadz 7
Hyam 6
Giles 6
Allen 7...best so far this season.
Shipley..7 best game also.
Sheaf 8.
Ohare ..6...counted down as he can't head it!
Godden..7...I though he was Excellent very clever and held it up well.

The Philosopher

Marosi 5 - comfortable at this level. Good distribution and a calming influence. Compared to having Burge just over a year ago - amazing (excellent business if you ask me)

Rose 5 - not his best game but not too bad

McFadz 7 - comfortable on the ball, headed everything that needed to be headed. Doing surprisingly well at this level considering he’s no spring chicken playing recent Prem strikers in the last three matches.

Hyam 5 - did the simple things well

Giles 6 - looked a threat going forward.

McCallum 8 - MOM for me. Some great tackling and a menace raiding forward. Who knew he’d be brilliant on the right? Clearly not Brandon Mason else he’d have said (unlucky pal).

Sheaf 5 - better.

Allen 4 - looks a bit lightweight at this level and is easily pushed off the ball. Surprised he stayed on.

Shipley 7 - when I watched him in L2 I thought he would be better suited to the National League. In L1 I thought him a L2 player playing above his station. In the Champ I saw him initially as a decent L1 player having a go. The last match or two he seems to have raised his game, filled out and not look out of his depth too much. He is now a Championship goal scorer and he gives it 100%. Fair play to the lad.

O'Hare 5 - not his day. A few touches of class but should have scored at least one. He might only be five foot two and a fag end but Robins needs to get him on header training.

Godden 5 - not his fault but our frontline of Allen, O’H and Godden isn’t exactly a battering ram. The opposition closing down with a prompt press results in us launching forward high balls invariably to Godden. He’s not a target man. Playing two of the aforementioned three along with a more muscular / direct player would open things up. We have Max, Walker, even Kastaneer (yep I’ve said it), Baka etc. That all three stayed on for the 90 seems strange but what do I know?

Kelly - 5 good to see him back. Assured. Calming.

Pask - 4 didn’t get into the game.

(My 1-10 ratings are where 5 is average, not f—in 7. It’s not soft school where people get a medal for coming last)

Overall, a point is ok. Could have done with throwing a menace on up from for the final 10.

Last edited:

Esoterica

Marosi 5 - comfortable at this level. Good distribution and a calming influence. Compare to Burge? Shudder.

McFadz 7 - comfortable on the ball, headed everything that needed to be headed. Doing surprisingly well at this level considering he’s no spring chicken playing recent Prem strikers in the last three matches.

McCallum 8 - MOM for me. Some great tackling and a menace raiding forward. Who knew he’d be brilliant on the right? Clearly not Brandon Mason else he’d have said (unlucky pal).

Sheaf 5 - better.

Allen 4 - looks a bit lightweight at this level and is easily pushed off the ball. Surprised he stayed on.

Shipley 7 - when I watched him in L2 I thought he would be better suited to the National League. In L1 I thought him a L2 player playing above his station. In the Champ I saw him initially as a decent L1 player having a go. The last match or two he seems to have raised his game, filled out and not look out of his depth too much. He is now a Championship goal scorer and he gives it 100%. Fair play to the lad.

O'Hare 5 - not his day. A few touches of class but should have scored at least one. He might only be five foot two and a fag end but Robins needs to get him on header training.

Godden 5 - not his fault but our frontline of Allen, O’H and Godden isn’t exactly a battering ram. The opposition closing down with a prompt press results in us launching forward high balls invariably to Godden. He’s not a target man. Playing two of the aforementioned three along with a more muscular / direct player would open things up. We have Max, Walker, even Kastaneer (yep I’ve said it), Baka etc. That all three stayed on for the 90 seems strange but what do I know?

(My 1-10 ratings are where 5 is average, not f—in 7. It’s not soft school where people get a medal for coming last)

Overall, a point is ok. Could have done with throwing a menace on up from for the final 10.
I'm rating your rating system as a 4/10.

Frostie

We should of won

Who are you & what have you done with the real cc84cov!? I agree with almost all of that!

steve101

Marosi 5 - comfortable at this level. Good distribution and a calming influence. Compared to having Burge just over a year ago - amazing (excellent business if you ask me)

Sheaf 5 - better.

I am old-school and follow the rating scales used in Match Magazine, when I used to buy it 35 or so years ago. So, I don't believe I am soft scoring, just a different way and opinion. 4/10 in any scale doesn't look fair imo unless someone couldn't be arsed.

stevefloyd

I might as well say it ..why didnt we bring on Baka or Max or Kasta for the final 10 mins...I'm sure nobody else has said that

KersleyDigs

Marosi 7 - Made a few saves, decent enough distribution, couldn't have done much with their goal
Rose 6 - Still getting back up to speed from injury and in a new league
McFadzean - 6.5 Headed everything, but at fault for their goal, a few wayward passes
Hyam 8 - Taken to the Championship like a duck to water, our best defender so far this season
Giles 6.5 - A couple of good crosses, should have scored, when Dabo and/or DaCosta are back he may find it tough with McCallum too
McCallum 8 - Fantastic, forgot how good he is, our goal came from his interception, all playing on the his wrong side
Sheaf 8.5 - MOM Best game so far, defensively and positionally strong, sharper all round, better use of the ball, very encouraging!
Allen 6 - Doesn't do enough on the ball for me, gets outmuscled easily, worked hard, didn't make any major errors
Shipley 7.5 - We looked better having him back at the position he flourished in last season, beautiful finish before his injury
O'Hare 6.5 - struggled with the physicality again at times, but got in decent positions and should have scored, passing was erratic at times
Godden 6 - You can see his movement and awareness is Champ level, but his pace is not will reduce his effectiveness, good assist and work rate

Yorkshire SB

Marosi - 6 - great distribution but I thought he looks a bit less confident in himself than last season, punched a few that I thought he maybe should’ve held but still a decent performance

defence - 6s, except for McCallum 7 - brilliant first game back, got the athleticism for this level, pace and strength we lack

Shipley - 6 - better showing I thought and class finish - he’s worth playing for his goal scoring alone! Still think he hasn’t settled down at this level yet, looks a bit nervous and gives possession up a lot, but I’m sure he can improve.

Sheaf - 8 - brilliant defensive work, saved us a couple of times, not much more you can ask from a holding mid. Tidy on the ball and progressive where he could be

Allen - 5 - Industrious and a good, technical player but I personally think his lack of strength and small stature is a real issue - causes him to lose possession frequently and was an issue for us tonight as it has been before

O’Hare - 6 - missed a big chance and a few things didn’t come off, but he’s always our main threat and creative force, works his socks off as a minimum as well - anything less than a 6 is harsh for me

Godden - 5 - didn’t get much up there tonight. Another one I think lacks the physicality to be at their best at this level. Technique, movement, finishing all there but he’s not strong enough and doesn’t have the pace which makes it hard

luwalla

I see o’hare getting a few low ratings.. yes he should have scored one tonight but still one of our main threats & the fact he is even there getting up for headers against 6 foot defenders , when he is 4foot and a fag packet ( I might be exaggerating there ) shows the determination. Some of the one / two football he plays and the work ethic / combination play to win the ball back is quality!

thought we did really well tonight considering some key players missing against a team that were in the premier league two years ago. Shows the levels we aspire too that we weren’t happy with a point! Or at least thought we might have nabbed all 3

ps - Shipley ( my mums favourite player ) all is forgiven, what a finish!!!

Frostie

Marosi 6 - Rarely troubled, good distribution, flapped a pretty routine catch.

Rose 4 - The occasional decent pass but really, really rusty. Got turned by his man on numerous occasions, missed plenty of headers & what on earth was he doing totally abandoning his position for the goal!?

McFadz 8 - The standout in the back 3 again, dominant in the air, strong in the tackle & decent with the ball at his feet. A few have questioned if he could have done better for the goal but he's covering Rose's error & couldn't quite make it up imo.

Hyam 6 - Solid enough, occasional lapse.

McCallum 8 - Given he was on his wrong side, gave a really solid performance. Ran himself into the ground.

Giles 7 - Excellent outlet on the left, linked well with O'Hare & Shipley & excellent cross for O'Hare too. Could have done a bit better with his chances.

Sheaf 8 MotM - Again at the heart of everything. Good in possession, driving us forward & also breaking up play whilst cutting out the mistakes from previous games. Will be a key player for us.

Allen 6 - Busy with some neat touches, control let him down on occasion but grew into it.

Shipley 8 - Sensational in the first half. Both tidy & creative in equal measure. Great strike for the goal. He looked spent though before the injury.

O'Hare 5 - Just not his night. Always busy, looking to create & tidy in possession but quieter than usual. The first headed chance was a tough one, the one at the end an absolute sitter.

Godden 6 - Worked hard as usual, tough ask when isolated at times. Unlucky with the shift of feet chance, well tackled before he could pull the trigger.

Subs:
Kelly 7 - Exactly what we were hoping from him, an assured presence & comfortable on the ball.

Pask 6 - Solid defensively & pushed high to force Swansea back.

The more I think about it I'm gutted not to win.
Marosi didn't have a save of note to make, their only opportunities were from a couple of defensive lapses whilst we had a great goal disallowed & missed a few good chances including one absolute gimme.

Great effort - keep that level up & iron out the errors & we'll be fine.

steve101

Marosi - 6 - great distribution but I thought he looks a bit less confident in himself than last season, punched a few that I thought he maybe should’ve held but still a decent performance

defence - 6s, except for McCallum 7 - brilliant first game back, got the athleticism for this level, pace and strength we lack

Shipley - 6 - better showing I thought and class finish - he’s worth playing for his goal scoring alone! Still think he hasn’t settled down at this level yet, looks a bit nervous and gives possession up a lot, but I’m sure he can improve.

Sheaf - 8 - brilliant defensive work, saved us a couple of times, not much more you can ask from a holding mid. Tidy on the ball and progressive where he could be

Allen - 5 - Industrious and a good, technical player but I personally think his lack of strength and small stature is a real issue - causes him to lose possession frequently and was an issue for us tonight as it has been before

O’Hare - 6 - missed a big chance and a few things didn’t come off, but he’s always our main threat and creative force, works his socks off as a minimum as well - anything less than a 6 is harsh for me

Godden - 5 - didn’t get much up there tonight. Another one I think lacks the physicality to be at their best at this level. Technique, movement, finishing all there but he’s not strong enough and doesn’t have the pace which makes it hard
Interesting difference of opinion re Allen. I seem to be the odd one out. I felt he had the work rate of O'Hare but rarely lost the ball and broke up play really well. I really like O'Hare but I think he hasn't played well the last two games. You could see how Swansea got very tight to him apart from his headed chances. It would be really interesting to see a breakdown of comparable stats for passes completed, possession won and distance covered.

Jamesimus

Marosi 7
Rose 5
McFadz 7
Hyam 6
Giles 6
McCallum 8
Sheaf 8 MoM
Allen 7
Shipley 7
O'Hare 5
Godden 6

This is how I saw it apart from Marosi a six for that daft punch and some moments of poor distribution. Didn't really have much to do.

People surprised at Roses passing; that wasn't his strong point in League 1! I'm sure he'll iron out some of the mistakes with more game time.

I never thought McCallum was a £4 million player. He's played one and a half games on his unfavoured side and is so strong. He's proving me wrong completely.

Not O'Hares night, but he never hides.

I love how Sheaf is always looking to pass forward rather than back despite playing a more defensive role.

Was great to see Kelly back. Steadys the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread