Player ratings v Bradford (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

May as well give it a go

Burge tried to fuck it up at the start but settled down pulled off a decent save in the little he had to do
Sterling still looks lacklustre, maybe his 10 grand a week burning a hole in his pocket
Davies distribution not so good at times but stood firm and great clearance off the line MOTM
Hyam another central defender who had a great game brings the ball out of defence with ease at times
McCalum got torn apart at times by Sean Scannell but stuck to the task but good learning game for him
Thomas WHY THE FUCK WON'T HE SHOOT?
Kelly another steady game in midfield fantastic chipped ball for Bright to score the 2nd
Shipley passing was woeful today definitely a weak link today after last weeks display
Hiwaloomahhoollla hoopa (according to Mickey Naddamsley) great goal should have had more but fecked them up still drifts in and out too much for me
Bright Great finish for the goal a very exciting/frustrating player but glad he's on our side boy he has some skill but overplays too much at times
Baka well he ran about a bit then went off for a well earned rest

Chaplin looked bright when he came on
Westbrooke also looked lively
Ponti not given much of a chance and again never seen him touch the ball

A frustrating team performance and apart from a few scares the result never really looked in doubt 7

lifeskyblue

A decent, competent and professional performance. All a 6/7 with Kelly edging the motm for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAJ

Really frustrating afternoon. Played some fantastic football yet somehow we think we have to walk it across the line.
Burge 6 pulled off fantastic save after poor start.
Sterling 6 just seems now to be on autopilot.
Davies 7 good solid display but what a miss.
Hyam 8 solid played some good balls looked in control for the whole game except when Burge took him out MoM.
Sam MAC 6 difficult first 20 minutes then forgot his nerves and played well.
Thomas 6 this guy could’ve so good but for his final decision missed a couple of good chances yet again.
Shipley 6 poor in comparison to last week some lazy passes thought he believed some of the hype from last week.
Kelly 7 two brilliant balls for the goals but I wonder at times if he has a wedge on his foot. His ability to chip the ball to Davies and Hyam when then want it on the floor rolling is so frustrating
Bright 7 Could have had several goals today shoot when you have the chance you will then score far more.
Hiwula 7 got in some great positions could have had 5 let’s hope next season he settles down to hit 20.
Baka 6 in and out of the game another who should shoot rather than trying to pass it across the line.

Overall though good result which could have been so much better. We missed a massive opportunity today to get a decent plus goal difference. I only hope that doesn’t come back to bite us the first week in May.

Adge

Burge 6 Nearly another Faux Pas at the start but good save and hands after that-claimed a couple of crosses too.
Sterling 6 Looks like he’s going through the motions at the minute but ok and still part of the back 4 that didn’t concede.
McCallum 5 Sorry, didn’t look at all competent especially first half and was easily done by Scannell on 3 or 4 occasions. People saying he done better 2nd half but wasn’t that because Bradford were down to 10 and hardly an attacking threat after?
Davies 7 Controlled things at the back alongside Hyam and good placing for the clearance off the line.
Hyam 7 Again another polished performance. Player of the season surely?
Kelly 8 Man of the match for me, always involved in all of our good play and 2 good assists. Another couple of brilliant 60-70 yard passes that picked out Thomas who should really have scored.
Shipley 6 A case of after the Lord Mayors show after last weeks heroics. Lots of passes going astray and was substituted early in the 2nd half.
Thomas 6 Good approach play as usual but lacking the killer instinct-just SHOOT!
Hiwula 7 Thought he took too long to shoot with the goal but was glad when it landed in the onion bag. Should of had at least a couple more.
Bright 7 Overdoing it at times today but always entertaining aswell as frustrating! Eventually got his goal to put the game to bed.
Baka 6 A bit in and out today but player his part.

Subs-
Chaplin 6 Got involved in the game when he came on.
Westbrook 6 Nothing really of note.
Ponticelli n/a Not sure he got a touch but it was only for 2-2 minutes.

Robins 8 You can only beat what’s in front of you but I was surprised with the inclusion of McCallum. Still, what do I know as we won 2-0 in the end.

Fans 8 Great rendition of F... the Wasps/Sisu/Council and Villa too!

ccfctommy

Burge 6
McCallum 6 (did well 2nd half)
Davies 7
Hyam 7
Sterling 6
Thomas 6
Kelly 7
Bright 8
Shipley 7
Hiwula 7
Bakayoko 6

Chaplin 6
Ponticelli n/a

larry_david

Everyone solid. Mccallum torn a new one first half. Should have put about 5 past them but never mind.

Kelly superb. Too many on here moan about him sideways or backwards passing, well those 2 assists today were quality. That sliced volley for Thomas to run onto was unbelievable as well. Good man Liam.

ccfcway

Was delighted with today. Could have easily been the end of our season. The players turned up and we played some great stuff at times. Won at home and kept a clean sheet.

We have fell to many similar banana skins in the past.

steve82

Burge 6 - ok after a nervy opening spell, great save.
McCallum 6 - recovery work bailed him out often in a game he will take a lot from.
Davies 7 - the head at the back, great clearance. Had Hyam’s shooting boots on from the other week.
Hyam 7 - another steady performance.
Sterling 6 - been on the beach for weeks. Done enough tho
Kelly 8 - the pivot. Pitch don’t help him when ticking things over but a good game. MOTM
Shipley 6 - ok nothing more, needs to be better at Portsmouth
Thomas 6 - some player if he can find the trigger sooner.
Bright 7 - phenomenal at times, frustrating the next. Similar to Thomas should return more goals or assists.
Hiwula 7 - good input today, getting a run of goals but could find more.
Bakayoko 6 - in and out, helps find others space. Off the ball work is improving.

Chaplin 5 -
Ponticelli -

Didn’t get the negativity around the lack of clinical finishing or getting shots away soon enough today when 1-0 up, why not encourage them to express themselves and find the confidence to score rather then hammer them for not picking the pass you think should be. The negative shouts of Its Bradford, we’re at home, they’ve only 10 men and forwards is boring.

Yes we’ve overplayed the ball too often today and a lot this season so it’s no surprise to see a poor side with 11/10 men behind the ball looking to frustrate but don’t get on the players backs encourage the side instead fill them with confidence being the 12th man.

All in all steady performance against a side we’d of lost to previously in L1, played some good stuff on a bobbly slippery pitch heavily watered prior to kick off.

Three points, a clean sheet.... thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cc84cov

Everyone solid. Mccallum torn a new one first half. Should have put about 5 past them but never mind.

Kelly superb. Too many on here moan about him sideways or backwards passing, well those 2 assists today were quality. That sliced volley for Thomas to run onto was unbelievable as well. Good man Liam.
Agreed think he’s a real force in that midfield him and Shipley done well today

stupot07

Burge 8
Sterling 7
Hyam 7
Davies 7.5
McCallum 6
Shipley 7
Kelly 9
Thomas 6
Bright 8
Hiwula 7.5
Baka 6

Subs
Chaplin 6
Ponticelli n/a

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

luwalla

Burge 7
Sterling 7
Hyam 7
Davies 7.5
McCallum 7
Shipley 8
Kelly 8
Thomas 7
Bright 7
Hiwula 7.5
Baka 7.5 ( first half - Ran out of steam second half )

I’m really starting to enjoy Bakayoko too and to think that him and Hiwula could go on to form a good partnership next season... and a few months ago I’d have said to bin them both off!

My worry now is replacing bright, thomas and sterling next season. As a lot of our play goes down that right side with sterling and thomas, and they are not going to be easy players to replace.
Bright is frustrating as hell sometimes , but I’d bloody hate to play against him as a defender, he really does have potential to go to the next level as he gets older

Last edited:

pastythegreat

Strange 1 this week really. We won 2-0 but i cant really say anyone played oveely great. Everyone was ok or average.

Burge. 6. Done what he does really, a good reaction save but almost gifted them a very easy early goal.

McCallum. 4.5. Dreadful 1st half. What Brown must be thinking sat on the bench watching that performance I don't know.

Hyam/Davies 6. Both dome a job. Not sure how Davies got MOTM tbf, was solid enough but didn't stand out to me.

Sterling. 6. A good threat as always.

Shipley. 5. Always puts in a shift but passing was woeful from the very 1st kick of the game. Not the only one but surely the weight of a pass is the very basics you'd expect from a professional footballer.

Kelly. 7. MotM. Won every 2nd ball, was everywhere. Some tremendous passing too.

Thomas. 5.5. Good outlet but fuck me. Hes more ledt footed than Jodi Jones and WILL HE HAVE A FUCKING SHOT ALREADY?!?!?!

Hiwula. 6. In and out of the game as always. Unlike thomas at least hell have a shot but should of hit the target on at least 2 more occasions.

Bright. 6. Just for his celebration. How much time does he think he has on the ball. Just get rid or fucking shoot. You need more of an invitation than Thomas. FUCKIMG SHOOT ALREADY!

Baka. 6. Chased everything as always. Seems to love to charge down the defemders and keeper after his bum goal. Good work ethic. Hes not the target mam we seem to be using him as though.

stevefloyd

Strange 1 this week really. We won 2-0 but i cant really say anyone played oveely great. Everyone was ok or average.

Burge. 6. Done what he does really, a good reaction save but almost gifted them a very easy early goal.

McCallum. 4.5. Dreadful 1st half. What Brown must be thinking sat on the bench watching that performance I don't know.

Hyam/Davies 6. Both dome a job. Not sure how Davies got MOTM tbf, was solid enough but didn't stand out to me.

Sterling. 6. A good threat as always.

Shipley. 5. Always puts in a shift but passing was woeful from the very 1st kick of the game. Not the only one but surely the weight of a pass is the very basics you'd expect from a professional footballer.

Kelly. 7. MotM. Won every 2nd ball, was everywhere. Some tremendous passing too.

Thomas. 5.5. Good outlet but fuck me. Hes more ledt footed than Jodi Jones and WILL HE HAVE A FUCKING SHOT ALREADY?!?!?!

Hiwula. 6. In and out of the game as always. Unlike thomas at least hell have a shot but should of hit the target on at least 2 more occasions.

Bright. 6. Just for his celebration. How much time does he think he has on the ball. Just get rid or fucking shoot. You need more of an invitation than Thomas. FUCKIMG SHOOT ALREADY!

Baka. 6. Chased everything as always. Seems to love to charge down the defemders and keeper after his bum goal. Good work ethic. Hes not the target mam we seem to be using him as though.
Are you American....already?

Users who are viewing this thread