Player Contracts (1 Viewer)

skyblueman

Obviously it seems quite a number of our many new summer signings and loanees are not quite living up to initial expectations, along with sadly a fair few others.

Obviously they aren't going anywhere while they are getting paid and nobody else would want them - so how long are we saddled with them?

Can we compile a list of when each players contract ends? Does anyone have this to hand?

Don't know about anyone else but might well make me feel a bit better :(

Well we need to get the big players signed to long-term contracts NOW. We cant afford a repeat of last summer. We let all of our best players leave for free. The summer before that, we let Westwood and King go for free when we could have got £3Million combined for them. We cant afford to let that happen again. If these players are gonna leave, we need to get some money for them so we can get a decent replacement and pay off some debt. We need to tie them down to long term deals ASAP

coundonskyblue

Well we need to get the big players signed to long-term contracts NOW. We cant afford a repeat of last summer. We let all of our best players leave for free. The summer before that, we let Westwood and King go for free when we could have got £3Million combined for them. We cant afford to let that happen again. If these players are gonna leave, we need to get some money for them so we can get a decent replacement and pay off some debt. We need to tie them down to long term deals ASAP

I hope this is sarcasm!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The players have to be willing to sign those longer term contracts that we offer .......... clearly Westwood, King, Gunnarrson etc were not prepared to assuming they were offered. In the end CCFc were left with no option but to let Westwood leave on a free, we couldnt afford to pay his wage expectations. Understand the sentiment but you cant force a player to sign particulary if their skills are in demand elsewhere.

The other point is what "big" players ? Only one that comes to mind is McGoldrick and that is out of our hands he isnt our player.

wingy

In answer to the OP I believe
Elliott.... 1Yr
Barton ...3yr
Fleck....3yr
Jennings ...2yr
Kilbane ....1yr
Edge........3yr
Malaga......3yr

stupot07

We don't have any big players. The only player we will truly miss and be difficult to replace is McGoldrick an he doesnt belong to us, all the others could be easily replaced with players more suited to winning league one football match's.

skyblueman

Ok so looks like if nothing else changes in the meantime - come the end of the season we will wave goodbye to the following:

WOOD
BROWN
HUSSEY
DANIELS
KILBANE
McSHEFFREY
O'DONOVAN
BALL
JEFFERS
ELLIOT

..... feeling much better now :p

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

Why would it be sarcasm. Would you want our best players to leave for free? No, i didnt think so

What best players? The only one I wouldnt want to leave is David Mc, and he will be gone in January anyway.

I would be delighted if this shower of shite left, at least Robins could bring in some replacements then.

My worry is were going to be stuck with these for 3 years.

skybluebeduff

I would like to know our club status next May before deciding anything first. Some could do a job in league Two, but then again we said that for this League... :facepalm: Mutual terminate all their contracts, have some balls MR and just tell them straight that their shit and you don't want to be the 3rd manager getting sacked by the inept performances they consistently deliver :whistle:

Last edited:

SkyBlueCharlie

Users who are viewing this thread