Play up Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

oakey

At work I get accused of being a "glass half empty" kind of person since I point out flaws and drawbacks. Compared to lots of City fans I am a super optimist.:whistle:
Can we quit all the negativity and get behind the boys for the coming games? We are not down and have to keep fighting til the game is won.
6 points for us 1 or 2 for Bristol this week. If we can get our noses in front or even close the gap to 2 points there is every chance that we can stay up.
Support until it is over.

rob9872

* Including Keogh ;) :D

Gray

Ok I promise not to be negative until we lose to millwall and bristol beat west ham on Tuesday

Otis

I want to be optimistic but it is the mounting injury list that prevents me from being so. I am usually very optimistic about the City.

Had we got a fit squad I would be one of the first on here saying we can do it, but we don't have a fit squad do we.

I honestly don't think we will beat Millwall. We have too many injured players and too many carrying injuries. It all seems rather hopeless I fear.

oakey

Otis, am I right in thinking you were confident we would beat Peterborough and then that we would lose to Burnley? You could be just as wrong this time? The only game that matters is the next one. Beat Millwall with a superhuman effort, BCFC lose to West Ham and see how we feel then?

Otis

Otis, am I right in thinking you were confident we would beat Peterborough and then that we would lose to Burnley? You could be just as wrong this time? The only game that matters is the next one. Beat Millwall with a superhuman effort, BCFC lose to West Ham and see how we feel then?

I did say we would beat Peterborough. I was fearful of the Burnley game for sure and did say I could see us losing that one, but did think we could maybe get a draw there. I was definitely certain about Peterborough though ...... until the game kicked off that is.

Think Tuesday is not about predicting though for me, it is about whether we can pick 11 fit players or not.

We can pick 11 fit players and get no injuries through the course of the 90 mins then I am confident we can get a result.

oakey

I reckon if I wasn't an optimist when it comes to supporting CCFC I would have given up long ago. Went to my first game in 1970... Since then more pain than gain, but you never know. We have been in worse states and survived. League 1 would be a new experience but we would be the biggest club there and IF our fan base held up would have a chance of being successful.
No point being pessimistic and no point calling it realistic. The point of supporters/fans is to back the team and never give up. After all many of us join in with, "while we sing together, we will never lose" so live it!
PUSB

mememe

I just wish I hadn't tatted the club crest to my upper arm. They're embarrassing. We are down poeple why can't you except that. Deluded. Or what

oakey

Of course the pessimist is always right even when they are wrong. The optimists always deluded, even when right.
A pessimist is really a fatalist who believe the future is fixed and our actions are doomed to fail. Usually very sad people. The same as those who streamed out of Coventry the day after the devastating air raid of November 1940. They all said the city was finished and the people who stayed to rebuild the factories and later the city were deluded too. I know because I had both sets in my family. Those who left came back after the war ended and sang a different tune.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread